As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW game 49

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Round 3, Draw phase

citowg49r30.png
    The Old World resists:
    - Peasants add to resistance
    - Place a hero at a hero during the end phase

Draw step:
    Draw 2, 8 in hand, 13 left in deck
    Draw 2, 7 in hand, 15 left in deck
    Draw 2 or 3, 5 in hand, 13 or 12 left in deck
    Draw 2, 5 in hand, 15 left in deck
    Draw 2, 7 in hand, 15 left in deck

admanb may discard a card (three in hand) before drawing to 5. Once he makes that decision, Rorus Raz is active to begin the summoning.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2011
    I THINK I NEED TO TAKE YOU FUCKS DOWN A PEG. RAMPAGE IN TILEA, WHICH SLICES UP ONE ACOLYTE AND ONE SEDUCTRESS.

+4 VP

6/7 PP

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Discarding Transmogrify.

• Options
    TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    Darian, here's an issue you might want to add to your FAQ. (Rorus actually brought this one up a while ago.) How do mind-controlled clan rats work? Do they drop corruption, or count as corruption if a region ruins? Would the clan rat upgrade still work?

(My personal opinions on the issue: controlled clan rats place corruption like normal cultists, as they are no longer a Horned Rat figure. The clan rat upgrade could function as normal, but the free rat would still belong to the Horned Rat, regardless of any control effect on the other rat.)

• Options
    Tmoiy wrote: Β»
    Darian, here's an issue you might want to add to your FAQ. (Rorus actually brought this one up a while ago.) How do mind-controlled clan rats work? Do they drop corruption, or count as corruption if a region ruins? Would the clan rat upgrade still work?

(My personal opinions on the issue: controlled clan rats place corruption like normal cultists, as they are no longer a Horned Rat figure. The clan rat upgrade could function as normal, but the free rat would still belong to the Horned Rat, regardless of any control effect on the other rat.)

Well, let's see what the rules say (bold emphasis present in the original rules):
    Ruination & Scoring Ruined Regions
    The Horned Rat’s figures do not place corruption tokens, which in turn means that the Horned Rat player does not directly affect ruination. Instead, when scoring a ruined region, his figures in that region count as corruption equal to their power cost (e.g., a Clan Rat counts as β€œ1,” a Rat Ogre counts as β€œ2,” and a Vermin Lord counts as β€œ3” Horned Rat corruption).
    Also, if the Horned Rat player has at least one figure in a region when it is ruined, he is considered a participating ruiner and scores victory points indicated for ruiners on the ruination card. These unique abilities are inherent to the Horned Rat's followers only.

Not placing corruption and presence and power cost counting as corruption when checking for ruination VP are inherent to the HR's followers, which to me says they are traits or properties of the figures which are not lost when another player controls one. Given that, I'd rule that a controlled clan rat does not place any corruption, but its presence counts for its controller when checking for ruination bonus VP and its power cost adds to the controller's corruption total when checking for first or second place.
    As per the upgraded clan rat, the new controller will usually not be able to take advantage of that ability. Unless they control other rats elsewhere on the board they don't have any more rats available to summon.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Once again this is incredibly vague, as a Clan Rat controlled by Slaanesh ceases to be a follower of the Horned Rat. A better wording would be Counting as corruption and not dropping corruption are inherent abilities of Clan Rats, Rat Ogres and the Verminlord.

I came to the same conclusion as you, but we still need an FAQ, and it's ridiculous to have to wait so long for it.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    I came to the same conclusion as you, but we still need an FAQ, and it's ridiculous to have to wait so long for it.

I've been putting off buying the expansion pending an errata or a FAQ at least, but yeah this is taking them a bit.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    Well, these issues don't pop super frequently, and I highly doubt there is ever going to be some big-money Chaos tournament for this shit to matter.

Unless your group is a bunch of stubborn rules laywers, you should be able to come to a compromise on most issues. Or just do the "Owner of game decides" thing.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The FAQ is in the works at the moment, since someone on BGG seems to have seen a review copy of it.

Also, since this is an actual game thread, Nurgle is active.

• Options
    fateswandererfateswanderer Registered User regular
    Leper to Bretonnia. 5/6PP

• Options
    Warp Shock in Estalia.

5/6 PP

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Shroud of Secrecy in Tilea. 5/6 PP. You really don't want to know what's going on in there.

Tmoiy on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Screaming Bell to Kislev
    3/6 PP.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Round 3, Summoning phase

citowg49r31.png
    The Old World resists:

Chaos effects:
    Estalia: Shock (Warpstones and magic symbols add to domination)
    Tilea: Shroud (Slaanesh cannot be targeted while other targets remain)

Rorus Raz is active

Darian on
  • Options
    TZEENTCH YOU LOOK SO CUTE WITH YOUR LITTLE HARRY POTTER OUTFIT ON. MAKES ME WANT TO VIOLENTLY MURDER YOUR FOLLOWERS.

BLOOBATH TO ESTALIA

6/7 PP

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Just a heads-up: I live on the East Coast and will be heading to the somewhat safer location of my parents' house over the weekend. There is a 99.99% chance I will be losing power regardless of where I go, so don't expect to hear from me.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Best wishes to Rorus and anyone else on the east coast. I hope everything turns out okay!

• Options
    Leper to Bretonnia. 4/6PP

Darian, will we be using the revised FAQ rules?

• Options
    I'm thinking yes, unless one of you speaks up by your next action with something you'd rather stick with our earlier interpretation on. We haven't ruined any regions yet, and it's early enough in the round that people should be able to plan for the new ruiner's bonus rules (just need to place corruption sometime during the round for the bonus). I don't think we've had anything come up this game that would have been reversed by the new rules.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Darian wrote:
    Chaos effects:
    Tilea: Shield (Slaanesh cannot be targeted while other targets remain)

Shield = Shroud, right?

Sincerely,

blah, Annoying-Nitpicker-in-Chief

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Darian, I notice in your BGG thread that you mention house rules for Strength of Numbers and Verminous Horde - are they in effect here? Additionally going forward, which interpretation for the Daemonette upgrade's interaction with other upgrades will we be using?

• Options
    Yes, we'll use the FAQ version of the Horned Rat's cards (have to outnumber someone in the region) with my house rule that it still triggers if only the Horned Rat is in the region.

For the daemonette upgrade this game, I already told Slaanesh that it would give him the benefit from the upgraded lepers, so we'll stick with that. In the future, I'm still not entirely sure how I want to rule those; I know he will get the benefit from bloodsworn and I feel he gets no benefit from the clan rat. At question then are the leper and the acolyte--the acolyte seems to give a power to the player, whereas the leper seems to be more a power of the lepers, but they're both written using "you may" language.

• Options
    Hey guys. Just wanted to check in with ya'll. Irene has pretty much left the building in my area, but there's still no power. Hopefully we'll be back in action before noon today.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Alright, I am back home and the power is runnin'.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I believe Tzeentch is active?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Yep; he was at PAX but should be rejoining us today.

• Options
    guys I blacked out and when I woke up my pants and all my money was gone

oh right, PAX

Acolyte to Estalia.

4/6 PP

• Options
    Welcome back! How was PAX?

Daemonette to Tilea, borrowing a bloodsworn. 3/6 PP.

A brother who shares is a brother who cares. <3

• Options
    edited August 2011
    38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Round 3, Summoning phase

citowg49r32.png
    The Old World resists:

Chaos effects:
    The Empire: Skitterleap (immediately may move any figures from here to an adjacent region if dominated)
    Estalia: Shock (Warpstones and magic symbols add to domination) and Bloodbath (place corruption for figures K kills)
    Tilea: Shroud (Slaanesh cannot be targeted while other targets remain)

Rorus Raz is active

• Options
    A BIG, BAD BLOODLETTER TO ESTALIA.

WELCOME TO FLAVOR COUNTRY.

AND NURGLE, I SUGGEST A QUICKEN DECAY IN THE EMPIRE IF WE'RE GONNA KEEP THE FURRY DOWN.

4/6 PP

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Quicken Decay to The Empire. 3/6PP

• Options
    Clever play! Quick rules reminder: summon/move/place are interchangeable terms. Feel free to ask if you have questions about the implications of that fact.

• Options
    Convocation in Bretonnia. Acolyte from Tilea, Horror from the Empire. Summon a free Horror.

3/6 PP

• Options
    Darian wrote:
    9. Can Convocation pull figures from more than one region?
    [My ruling - No; it is singular in the card text. Compare to the original Blood God's Call, which specified "from any other region or regions."]

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    The updated FAQ confirms this ruling as well

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    meh

admanb on
  • Options
    Pull three Acolytes from Estalia.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Convocation is still a fantastic card. Are you dropping a horror as well?

Tmoiy on
  • Options
    Yeah.