As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In a planning panic! Please help!!!

Time GlitchTime Glitch Registered User new member
edited July 2011 in PAX Archive
I am attending PAX this year for Halo Fest. This is my first time ever attending a convention, and I am beyond confused, and in quite a panic at the moment because I spent a LOT of money on this trip, and I can't seem to find out where ANYTHING is in the convention center!

I looked up a floor plan for the Convention Center, but I cannot find Pegasus Theatre for the Halo CEA and Universe panels, or the 3rd Floor Annex for Halo Fest, or even what the "Main Theatre" is for the Halo 4 panel!!!! I've poured through floor plans and looked at PAX's official site and I've come up completely blank!

I'm in a panic because I'm afraid I won't be able to find this stuff out in time and miss out on all the panels and events I'm looking forward to most at PAX. This is really a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, due to the fact that I'm very very poor and am basically spending my life savings on this trip, and I will never have this much money ever again until I'm out of college...

I don't want this trip to be a disaster, and I want to get everything right. Can some kind soul PLEASE help a convention-n00b out and get me set on the right path?

EDIT: Thank you so much for the information, everyone. I'm a lot more calm now that I know I'm not the only one in the dark here XD. As is evident, I have really never done anything like this in my life before, and I really appreciate the thorough explanations you all gave.

Time Glitch on

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am attending PAX this year for Halo Fest. This is my first time ever attending a convention, and I am beyond confused, and in quite a panic at the moment because I spent a LOT of money on this trip, and I can't seem to find out where ANYTHING is in the convention center!

I looked up a floor plan for the Convention Center, but I cannot find Pegasus Theatre for the Halo CEA and Universe panels, or the 3rd Floor Annex for Halo Fest, or even what the "Main Theatre" is for the Halo 4 panel!!!! I've poured through floor plans and looked at PAX's official site and I've come up completely blank!

I'm in a panic because I'm afraid I won't be able to find this stuff out in time and miss out on all the panels and events I'm looking forward to most at PAX. This is really a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, due to the fact that I'm very very poor and am basically spending my life savings on this trip, and I will never have this much money ever again until I'm out of college...

I don't want this trip to be a disaster, and I want to get everything right. Can some kind soul PLEASE help a convention-n00b out and get me set on the right path?

You should likely ask your questions in the FAQ thread.

The layout hasn't been released yet. The theater names like Pegasus are things that PAX makes up, and you won't know for sure where they correspond in the WSCC until PAX releases its map and floorplan layout. It won't be hard to figure out where stuff is once that is up. Also, once you get there, you can always ask a friendly enforcer or read the signs to figure out where to go.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote:

The layout hasn't been released yet. The theater names like Pegasus are things that PAX makes up, and you won't know for sure where they correspond in the WSCC until PAX releases its map and floorplan layout. It won't be hard to figure out where stuff is once that is up. Also, once you get there, you can always ask a friendly enforcer or read the signs to figure out where to go.

Thank you SO much for a reply...

I didn't know that it was all code-names and stuff. I thought these were actual theaters and locations within the Convention center. That takes a huge worry off my back, thank you very, very much. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for the map when it gets released. How soon do you think that will be? PAX is right around the proverbial corner...

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would guess within the next couple weeks. Read up on the first timer thread and that should have some advice for planning, etc.

• Options
    bilbobilbo Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote:

Thank you SO much for a reply...

I didn't know that it was all code-names and stuff. I thought these were actual theaters and locations within the Convention center. That takes a huge worry off my back, thank you very, very much. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for the map when it gets released. How soon do you think that will be? PAX is right around the proverbial corner...

The schedule and everything should probably be out next week. Dont worry you will have plenty of time to find things. And if you want a piece of advice...these conventions are so much more fun if you just relax and enjoy the whole experience. if you worry/stress about things it will be a downer. you will get there and find things you didnt expect so do not make too many plans in concrete because things change, games happen, things you will see and people you will meet! have fun

• Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    First thing... calm down... relax.. and take a deeeeep brea--OMFG A FUCKING SPIDER KILL IT KILL IT KILLIT!

Second thing... as zerzhul has previously mentioned, the stuff you are looking for has not been released yet; but WILL be released sometime in the next few weeks.

A good thing about PAX is that you do not need to reserve a seat ahead of time or plan ahead for most things within the convention, you just show up. If you want a guaranteed seat in X thing, you show up early. The schedules AND maps have yet to be known to the public, once they are available... they will be here http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule.php. And once that is released (usually 2-3 weeks prior to the show), you'll be able to plan out EVERYTHING you want/need to do and map out and time your events to make it ontime.

Halo Fest will be held in the WSCC Annex, that much we know. But my suggestion for you is, wait for the schedule to get released... print a copy of it out... circle the panels/events you want to attend... and plan to arrive 1.5-4 hours early for major panels (i.e OMG NEW NEVER-BEFORE SEEN BIG TITLE GAME THING), 1-2 hours early for moderately popular panels, and .5-1 hours early for everything else. These hours may be slightly earlier than what I have been given when I first attended, but since the size of PAX is growing and through past experience, they should be better.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    bilbo wrote:
    The schedule and everything should probably be out next week. Dont worry you will have plenty of time to find things. And if you want a piece of advice...these conventions are so much more fun if you just relax and enjoy the whole experience. if you worry/stress about things it will be a downer. you will get there and find things you didnt expect so do not make too many plans in concrete because things change, games happen, things you will see and people you will meet! have fun

Thing is, I'm a SUPER Halo fan, and I don't want to miss ANY of the Halo-related panels and events over the course of the entire convention. Those are really the only things I'm setting in stone and camping out for =)