Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: '[Diablo 3] New info. Beta gameplay and real money auction house.' by Corehealer

CorehealerCorehealer The ApothecaryAdmiral! Thank the Chief Executive, can you get this rabble in line for me?Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
My opinion on Diablo 3, focusing mainly on the real cash auction house, via the wisdom of the Cynical Brit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBrESZJlNvQ

I do not like the precedent set here, I do not like the incentive given, I do not like the direction Blizzard is going with this and the way they are exploiting their players by legitimizing gear grinds for money which was previously a bad thing to do, and I do not like no modding.

4dTEXLV.jpg

• HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    Listening to this now and what the fuck. If there's so many points where Blizzard takes money from your auctions, it's going to discourage some amount of people from bothering (since listing is included in that). So that deflates the arguments about how many people are going to operate on money only and the in-game currency AH would be abandoned.

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • KorlashKorlash Registered User
    As much as I agree with him, I thought it was hilarious how seriously pissed he was.

396796-1.png