Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Bachelor's Graduate in Criminal Justice Seeking Job Advice

2»

• Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    Welcome to the club - I have the same degree and I probably could have gotten an office job, but I ended up becoming a cop and I love my job. Ya there is the whole harms way thing and your first day could ultimately be your last day, but I can tell as a whole, criminals aren't as determined as they used to. Last four years I have had....2 oh shit moments. Granted one of them shot at me, but I'm still here and he's in jail for a very long time. Hmm...probably not selling you on the idea here...

With a degree and a good agency though, you can move up quick. I'm currently on Sergeants list and it's only up from there. I plan on retiring as a Lt or Captain, collect my fat pension (which I will get at 46 years old pending changes to legislature) and can then get another job consulting or some such. A lot of people hate cops, but I can't imagine myself doing any other job. Plus, it may be easier for you to get a job as a police officer then something within the courts. Having a degree and law enforcement experience looks good with FBI, DEA, etc. Good luck to you

steam_sig.png
2»