Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

DVD/CD-ROM Drive Not connecting to the interface

OghulkOghulk whale oil beef hookedjames k. polk middle schoolRegistered User regular
So I attempted to install an old piece of crap webcam a few nights back, and after not being able to get it to work I noticed my dvd drive was no longer being shown on my computer. Further digging led to me finding that it shows up on the Device Manager but it shows this:
DVDDriveDMproblem.png
and this:
dvddrivepropertiesprob.png

Installing a new DVD Drive from my old computer didn't work either, so I attempted to replace the interface cord, and still nothing. Any help would be much appreciated.