As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] 08/21 PAX 5v5 tournament announced!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i won a game as 1/22 ryze by baiting the enemy team non stop

you gotta play to your strengths

sometimes that strength is feeding

TpGbF.png

THE BEST

AROUNDDDDDDDDDDD

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    I hit 30 this morning. Trip to the Tribunal right after. Ended up pardoning two people. One was a single report from a single person for 1 game where they were 4/2/2 and afk'd the rest of the game with nothing in chat. Their team won.

I don't remember the other, but it was another person reported after only one game with a very minor infraction.

8 punishes for grievous offenses from reprehensible names to feeding 5 of 10 games reported.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    It's true. Tiny is a master baiter.

• Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2011
    milski wrote:
    Fizban: Quit playing LoL. That's not a joke. That's not a "maybe you should quit." It's clearly adversely affecting your mental health by causing shitloads of stress and not fun at all for you. If you hate the game, stop bitching about it and quit. You aren't going to improve while bitching, and if you're truly with such hopeless teammates and horrible enemies every game and still lose despite being a genius amidst a pile of crap, this game isn't for you. I can't give any advice if your excuse is "I'd do it but my teammates are too shitty" because that shows a fundamental inability to improve, since the only way to get less shitty teammates is to bear the shitty ones and do the right thing anyway.

P.S: Things aren't going to be any better in HoN/DOTA/DOTA 2. In fact, they'll be about a dozen times worse.

That isnt just waht I am saying ,but it is very hard to actually imrpove at this game when I just play with a wide range of incredibly bad to bad players. There isn't anything to grow out of here, its just a pile of shit. I am not going to learn how to build a house out of a pile of shit.

Screw it, I am just going to have fun with ranked. I could almost see the light at the end of the tunnel, it was so close. But then it faded away as I plummeted into 1250. I picked a range carry I dont have experience with it, fuck it.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    For what it's worth, I tried an experiment with Sylem to show him that his views on "improving" and "elo hell" were false, but it seems he hasn't gotten it.

I played on his account for a short while as he took a break to SC2.

Here are the results:

Starting ELO: 1189
    Starting Wins: 153
    Starting Losses: 167
    Starting Leaves: 1

March 28, 2011
    Singed - Win - 4/1/3 (+12)
    Malphite - Win - 14/7/30 (+12)
    Malphite - Win - 4/6/23 (+12)
    ELO: 1225

March 29, 2011
    Malphite - Win - 8/2/6 (+13)
    Malphite - Win - 7/1/8 (+12)
    Singed - Win - 6/4/26 (+12)
    ELO: 1262

April 2, 2011
    Singed - Win - 9/5/22 (+13)
    ELO: 1275

April 6, 2011
    Malphite - Win - 10/0/11 (+12)
    Malphite - Loss - 2/3/1 (-12)
    ELO: 1275

April 29, 2011
    Malphite - Win - 5/2/7 (+13)
    Malphite - Win - 8/1/5 (+13)
    Malphite - Loss - 10/7/18 (-12)
    Irelia - Win - 2/2/9 (+12)
    ELO: 1301

Unfortunately, my father was very ill and died shortly after, so I never got to keep going -- but the original point remained that he simply viewed the game and how to improve incorrectly.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    For those of you that seem to wonder what talon is good for. He's a magekiller.

Blink in, rake, noxian diplomacy, ult. You can do that faster than the one second silence wears off. If they are ad, they have a way to fight you and punish you before you combo. Ap doesn't. They stand there and feebly flail at you until you kill them.

Against him, watch for his blink. Hit him hard after it. Build zhonyas if you're ap. Just get lifesteal as ad.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    So your solution to "Playing with shitty teammates" is to be the shitty teammate you hate? Where the fuck is the logic in that?

P.S: Y'know who improved at the game despite having shitty teammates sometimes? Everybody who is good at the game. It's entirely possible, because I've done it, I've known people who have done it, and as far as I know most major players point out you have to deal with shitty teammates sometimes. And yes, I'm sure that your 1600 Elo at Starcraft is impressive, but so is my 80% win rate in MvC3. Neither of them mean jack shit in LoL.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Too many people but WAAAAAAAYYYY too much emphasis on killscore. It does not make or break the game as much as everyone seems to think. Someone sees you 0/2/1 and assumes the game is lost. Money balance is what actually matters, and CS and dragon kills can make a dude with the previously mentioned score actually AHEAD of who he laned against. Many people dont see this, and simply see someone with the most deaths and assume they failed.

Lately I have been doing poorly at getting kills in lane and well, not dieing. However, I HAVE been winning in CS in any lane, sometimes even having top CS in a 2v2 top lane over the mid. Giving the dude in that lane 2 kills sucks but when you have 30-40 more cs than him you DIDNT lose the lane. No one see this.

That being said I have been getting very angry at my lane presence lately. I just have a habit of being unable to secure a kill, winning in harass and either losing patience that they never make that one punishable mistake EVER, or attempting to punish and coming up just short of the kill and having them hobble away with 10 hp. I hate both of these situations so pationately I tend to do something risky hoping to FORCE something to happen and give them the advantage they need.

I think I am going to pick a squishy ass champ and go bot untill I can learn to just not die. Someone like cass and force myself to not mid.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Fiz why you gotta get mad at vidja games all the time?

LoL's pretty damn idiot proof when it comes to mobas, but it's still a complicated game and it is indeed possible to win games that go shittacular you just gotta understand the genre, which takes a loooong time playing them.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Everybody who is good at the game.

negatory, i only got better when i talked to a leprachaun
    Too many people but WAAAAAAAYYYY too much emphasis on killscore. It does not make or break the game as much as everyone seems to think

i have to admit i don't really care if i win or lose the game, only that i'm killing dudes

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    I know I'm very late to the party, but gee that PAX sivir looks pretty spiffy.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

Too many people but WAAAAAAAYYYY too much emphasis on killscore. It does not make or break the game as much as everyone seems to think

i have to admit i don't really care if i win or lose the game, only that i'm killing dudes

I was mostly referring to others, I started that post before yours about that epic ryze win.

Ive played games (and they were with PAers no less -_-) where people said I lost a lane with 3 deaths. I had more CS than anyone on the map, and I was in a 2v2. I died a lot trying to save my teammate who kept getting caught.

• Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    What the hell is wrong with 1300 ELO anyway? It sounds to me like you're right where you belong. 1400+ doesn't suddenly improve the players you're playing with. Watch the pro streams and look at the dumb shit their teammates and they do all the time.

What you should really be focusing on is if you get a decent game or not. I leapt into ranked way to early and was around 950 ELO then went back to normal and got way better at the game and have brought myself to 1300~. I feel like I'm at a pretty good place winning a little over half my game so I'm slowly creeping up.

It's fine because I can see myself improving even if my team is dumb. I still do dumb shit sometimes too. It is after all, just a game. I'm actually looking forward to the reset because even though I'll go down I'm hoping I can start an upward climb. I think I could hang with 14 or 1500 players fairly easily.

Drool on
  • Options
    Drool wrote:
    What the hell is wrong with 1300 ELO anyway? It sounds to me you're right where you belong. 1400+ doesn't suddenly improve the players you're playing with anyone. Watch the pro streams and look at the dumb shit their teammates and they do all the time.

What you should really be focusing on is if you get a decent game or not. I leapt into ranked way to early and was around 950 ELO then went back to normal and go way better at the game and have brought myself to 1300~. I feel like I'm at a pretty good place winning a little over half my game so I'm slowly creeping up.

It's fine because I can see myself improving even if my team is dumb. I still do dumb shit sometimes too. It is after all, just a game. I'm actually looking forward to the reset because even though I'll go down I think I'm hoping I can start an upward climb. I think I could hang with 14 or 1500 players fairly easily.

I have seen streams, much better. It is what I aspire to, it is the game the way it is meant to be played. 1300 is trolls trolling trolls for lols.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    i won a game as 1/22 ryze by baiting the enemy team non stop

you gotta play to your strengths

sometimes that strength is feeding

TpGbF.png

THE BEST

AROUNDDDDDDDDDDD

carryalistar.png

BAM.

Win games, by being awesome, and not getting any credit.

• Options
    AgapiosAgapios Registered User regular
    Today probably had one of the most amusing games with ashe ever. Started off very poorly dying to a mid kat 2 or 3 times, and never really able to capitalize off of easy kills because of the opposing team's zilean. Made some pretty good Ashe Arrow shots from mid to the other two lanes for assist kills but that was pretty much it.

Then late game happens. Was getting demolished left and right. Team pretty much died had the opposing team at very little health I had just respawned. Ashe arrow from fountain down mid lane in the vain hope of catching a 2% teemo..... It connected for the kill. I then proceeded to land every instagib Ashe arrow including top lane to mid lane while enemy champs were retreating. It was good times. Thrice played very well and so did cpugeek. GJ guys.

Also any talon players? Ive been running almost straight Arpen reds MR Blues and Mp5 yellows with +26 hp quints. Any other suggestions? I feel he really needs the ARpen but he needs a little more power early game as well. Thoughts?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    There are a lot of good players who are earnestly trying to win at our ELO. There are plenty of bad teams, but if you watch the pros they lose as much as the win. That's the way it's supposed to work.

I know it hurts your pride, but pride is a motherfucker. You can't control the actions of others, so get better yourself and eventually you'll start making enough of a difference to increase your ELO.

Drool on
  • Options
    Drool wrote:
    There are a lot of good players who are earnestly trying to win at our ELO. There are plenty of bad teams, but if you watch the pros they lose as much as the win. That's the way it's supposed to work.

I know it hurts your pride, but pride is a motherfucker. You can't control the actions of others, so get better yourself and eventually you'll start making enough of a difference to increase your ELO.

I don't mind losing, I just see this game being played like it is suppose to and I want to experience that. Instead I get this shit fest of trolls.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Kai_San wrote:

I was mostly referring to others, I started that post before yours about that epic ryze win.

Ive played games (and they were with PAers no less -_-) where people said I lost a lane with 3 deaths. I had more CS than anyone on the map, and I was in a 2v2. I died a lot trying to save my teammate who kept getting caught.

While 0/3/0 may not be losing a lane, it's still pretty likely; even without assists upping the gold given to the enemy, that's about a 40 cs advantage and a significant difference in EXP earned. It's easy to see why your teammates could believe it was a lost lane, since the lane pretty much would be lost unless you pushed them back enough to counteract their level advantage and had 50+ more farm than them as a lane.

Dying three times in lane is generally pretty bad no matter what, so even if you were holding your own, there is always room for improvement there.

EDIT: Fizban, you just said you went into a ranked game with a new champion, and you're bitching about how everybody you play with is a troll. Maybe you are consistently playing with trolls and playing against trolls and dealing with trolls who are trolling you for their trollols because you are, in fact, playing like a troll.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    So I went 0-0, everyone else on me team went a combined total of 0-15.

Fun game yo.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    they said only 3% of players are above 1520
    10% are above 1400

nothing wrong with being in the bottom 90%

• Options
    they said only 3% of players are above 1520
    10% are above 1400

nothing wrong with being in the bottom 90%

Yeah but what percentage actively play ranked? That is more important.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    I have no empathy for somebody who intentionally trolled his team in ranked and told the forums about it. You got what you deserved. As I said before, quit lol for your own sake. It's clearly an addiction at this point.

Fiz, everybody above 1400 has to actively play ranked because of Elo decay.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote:
    I have no empathy for somebody who intentionally trolled his team in ranked and told the forums about it. You got what you deserved. As I said before, quit lol for your own sake. It's clearly an addiction at this point.

Fiz, everybody above 1400 has to actively play ranked because of Elo decay.
    Hey I did the best on my team, I out CSed them too.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Fiz, start recording your games, and upload them to me. I'd like to see whats going on.

I spent a fair bit of time in 1300 elo, up and down. Ive been as low as 1100, and now I am 1,527. My final push through 1300 I finally learned what I needed to learn to actually push my w/l ratio up, which drove my elo up.

with that we should probably start a new thread, this one is both hot and stale and could use a change of rooms.

And fiz, riots statistics are for the following conditions: Only level 30 players that have played 10 ranked games (combined all formats) in season 1.

CS isnt everything, its also what you do with the gold after you get it.

Draygo on
  • Options
    Trying to justify it only strengthens my belief that you should quit LoL for the sake of your own well being.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I used to stream this game, not sure what I was doing wrong back then. I was much better then though, trying to get back into this game is tough with lolpatches and lolheroesallthethings! everywhere.

milski wrote:
    Trying to justify it only strengthens my belief that you should quit LoL for the sake of your own well being.
    It says something about the game though, I still do better than all my team mates with an inexperienced champ.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Everyone in this game is terrible.

Except for me, I'm great.
    I'm actually middle of the road.

BUT ONLY BECAUSE OF THOSE FUCKING FEEDERS

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Fizban140 wrote:
    I used to stream this game, not sure what I was doing wrong back then. I was much better then though, trying to get back into this game is tough with lolpatches and lolheroesallthethings! everywhere.

milski wrote:
    It says something about the game though, I still do better than all my team mates with an inexperienced champ.

Yes, it says that the game is random and sometimes you get shit, and since the champ was Ashe and you were just farming, you were probably basically playing in a way that made you entirely irrelevant to the game at hand. I may be wrong, but judging by the stats I can imagine you sitting top freefarming while the enemy team pushes down mid, more concerned with having no deaths and a good CS than actually being relevant.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Fizban140 wrote:
    Normal is a joke, people play joke champions with joke builds and most people don't even try. I got sick of normal after 10 games.

What are you talking about there are a ton of tryhards in normals.

Agreed. Like me. I play about 80% of my normal games using my top 10 champs with optimal builds. I run into 2000 Elo players (in solo ranked) and Riot devs with reasonable frequency too.

The non-tryhard part is I play with some RL friends who aren't as good as I'd like, but I'm not so socially defective I put winning about spending time with people whose company I enjoy, so that's unavoidable.
    Fizban140 wrote:
    So I went 0-0, everyone else on me team went a combined total of 0-15.

Fun game yo.

That's why I only duo queue ranked with other good players, and if I am truly in a wasteland of no one online, I either log off or get a fast WOTD from Coop vs. AI to practice jungling efficiency / new builds.

2 very good players can carry 3 bad players, but 1 very good player cannot carry 4 bad players. I've had teammates drag me down from top CS 7/0/7 or so before by being that bad*, but if you have one other person with a similar playstyle, on vent, willing to work with you, who has picked a comp appropriate pick, it really shifts the odds.

* At least, based on personal experience, it was probably fun for the other team to have such an awesome comeback.

• Options
    btw if you want to win at lol you should probably listen to something appropriate

like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnrhaNfDhms

heh heh heh

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

btw if you want to win at lol you should probably listen to something appropriate

like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnrhaNfDhms

heh heh heh
    I had a guy yell at me because I only pinged 40 times beforeh e got ganked. He said it was my fault for not typing it out because he is on itunes.

I was confused.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Also, to add, I feel like an appropriate philosophy quote would hit the nail on the head here about being our own worst enemies, or creating our own hells.

Playing solo queue ranked by just yourself is, in my opinion, the least fun possible way to play LOL.

Solo queue is for the lucky or the tolerant. I'm neither, and it is really obvious you are neither as well, Fizban. I wouldn't go to a sex offender's prison to recruit a babysitter, and I don't go to solo queue to recruit teammates. Both end in tears.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Also, to add, I feel like an appropriate philosophy quote would hit the nail on the head here about being our own worst enemies, or creating our own hells.

Playing solo queue ranked by just yourself is, in my opinion, the least fun possible way to play LOL.

I thought caitlyn was the least fun possible way to play LOL

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Fizban140 wrote:
    Drool wrote:

I don't mind losing, I just see this game being played like it is suppose to and I want to experience that. Instead I get this shit fest of trolls.

Your logic here is broken. Games aren't "supposed to" be played in any specific way. In fact since most of the players who play LoL solo queue ranked are around your ELO you are in fact playing it the way most people play it. The way the devs themselves play it. The pro experience is the exception not the norm.

I'm watching Saint Vicious lose horribly in solo queue despite being super rank. There is no getting out of ELO hell because you will always get on teams with worse players or better players depending on computer generated luck.

edit: I enjoy solo queue. I don't have to impress anyone and I can just play my game and do as good as I can that day and learn from my mistakes. Sometimes I'm not so zen and I need to quit for the day, but usually I can keep perspective these days.

Drool on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    1000 more ip and I can buy my self a udyr and I can finally jungle and top lane with some one I like because I'm a terrible terrible cho'gath

I'm actually just bad I spose watching quickly over the games I recorded its hilarious how much stupid shit happens

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    scattered_Fenscattered_Fen Registered User regular
    I have no idea how to play talon.

• Options

Solo queue is for the lucky or the tolerant. I'm neither, and it is really obvious you are neither as well, Fizban. I wouldn't go to a sex offender's prison to recruit a babysitter, and I don't go to solo queue to recruit teammates. Both end in tears.
    You are right, I just wish normal didn't have blink pick.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Since I am a hilarious masochist I have actually started enjoying solo ranked. Makes me play champs I'm not used to to compensate for the HILARIOUSLY bad team makeups my teammates think of.

• Options
    Since I am a hilarious masochist I have actually started enjoying solo ranked. Makes me play champs I'm not used to to compensate for the HILARIOUSLY bad team makeups my teammates think of.

What is wrong with 4 ranged AD? Nothing!