Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Help switching ps3 to HDMI Problem solved!

DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
Every once in a while, something happens to my ps3 and it resets back to composite (red yellow white) output. I don't understand what causes it to do this. It has happened in quite a while, so I sort of foggy on setting it to output via HDMI.

I tried going to display settings and setting it to HDMI, but nothing happened. I think I am doing something wrong, or forgetting to do something.

I tried doing the hold the button down until it beeps twice thing, and couldn't get that to work either.

Can someone help me out? I would really appreciate it.

I looked at this:
http://portfolioofpb.com/blog/ps3-blank-screen-switch-inputs-hdmi-to-composite-to-hdmi

and Iam not sure what I am doing wrong. I unplug the composite cable, plug in the hdmi cable, and hold the power button down until I hear two beeps, and I still get nothing.

DouglasDanger on
I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.