Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Rick Parry is [chat]

1356763

Posts

  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2011
    Modern Man wrote:
    Also, and I know it's your hobby Japan, but I find cyclists to have the highest percentage of douchebags to regular people out of any hobby group. That includes MMO players. The number of cyclists I've ran across who are just raging cocks is far more than anyone else.
    The packs of them racing along streets and blowing through every stop sign and red light are the worst. Hey, dickheads, if you want to be respected on the roads like a car, then follow the laws like a car.

    Oh god I see this in Boston all the time. I watched a woman on a bike blow through a red light and almost get taken out by a car. I was completely disappointed that she wasn't hit.

    JustinSane07 on
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle sometimes a boy just needs to get out of the house and meet some girls Registered User regular
    Now I want both tacos and that librarian. Damnit.

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Bunch of asshole kids on bikes were swerving around in the road yesterday. My stance was "You want to ride in the middle of the wrong side of the road? Fine, I'll play chicken."

    I have a burning hatred for hipster dickheads on fixed gears on the roads.

    Not that all fixed riders are necessarily dickheads, but dickheads invariably seem to ride fixed gears.

    Why do hipsters like fixed gear bikes?

    Cycle couriers are hipster icons for some reason, and a lot of couriers ride fixed gears (although they usually also have brakes, because they aren't dickheads) because there is nothing that can go wrong that will immo bar a broken chain or a puncture, both of which are quick fixes. They're basically indestructible.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I feel so sick. I was out in that torrential rain in NYC on Tuesday - I walked for about 10 blocks with no umbrella - and now I feel like I have pneumonia or something.

    I'm such a fucking idiot.

    steam_sig.png
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Bunch of asshole kids on bikes were swerving around in the road yesterday. My stance was "You want to ride in the middle of the wrong side of the road? Fine, I'll play chicken."

    I have a burning hatred for hipster dickheads on fixed gears on the roads.

    Not that all fixed riders are necessarily dickheads, but dickheads invariably seem to ride fixed gears.

    Why do hipsters like fixed gear bikes?

    Well, fixed gear bikes became a big thing amongst bike messengers, since they're light and don't need much maintenance.

    Since there's more than a little crossover between the bike messenger crowd and the general hipster crowd, fixed gear bikes became the general hipster bike of choice through osmosis.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    I made a [chat] five days away from turning 30. I've peaked.

    Food time, later.

    Oh welcome to notification hell btw.

    You can turn those off.

    I swear anytime I make a post about notification I should include "meaning that you will continue to get notifications next to your private message indicator."

  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle sometimes a boy just needs to get out of the house and meet some girls Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Now I want both tacos and that librarian. Damnit.

    BOOKS!

    ACT ASLEEP.

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:
    I kind of want to carry around a briefcase with taco's in it.

    This is so inspired.

    It'd be like the Iron Man suit briefcase

    only more delicious

    I just saw this gentleman walk into the library with a briefcase, and all i could think about is "I wish he had like, some taco's in there. Maybe he'd share some with me..."

    I would love to walk into someplace in a full tux suit, dark shades, slicked hair, with a large fancy metal briefcase

    walk up to a counter or table, unlock the briefcase and open it

    to reveal a carefully organized and segmented taco creation case, with small compartments of lettuce, tomato, filling, sauce, and a single carefully protected shell and a single white napkin

    make the taco, eat it, leave.

    Professional Taco. Taco Profesionale

    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    tyrannus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Guys, help me: which Tom Clancy novel starts with Jack Ryan saving the life of one of the Princes of England? Like, some IRA douches are trying to kill half the royal family.
    why would individual retirement account managers want to kill the royal family

    they wanted to unleash the Roth of God
    and kick some Assets

    with boot

    tyrannus on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    JebusUD wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Bunch of asshole kids on bikes were swerving around in the road yesterday. My stance was "You want to ride in the middle of the wrong side of the road? Fine, I'll play chicken."

    I have a burning hatred for hipster dickheads on fixed gears on the roads.

    Not that all fixed riders are necessarily dickheads, but dickheads invariably seem to ride fixed gears.

    Why do hipsters like fixed gear bikes?

    Well, fixed gear bikes became a big thing amongst bike messengers, since they're light and don't need much maintenance.

    Since there's more than a little crossover between the bike messenger crowd and the general hipster crowd, fixed gear bikes became the general hipster bike of choice through osmosis.

    plus messangers often have to carry their bikes so weight matters

  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    tyrannus wrote:
    tyrannus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Guys, help me: which Tom Clancy novel starts with Jack Ryan saving the life of one of the Princes of England? Like, some IRA douches are trying to kill half the royal family.
    why would individual retirement account managers want to kill the royal family

    they wanted to unleash the Roth of God
    and kick some Assets

    I hate you

    both of you

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • JokermanJokerman Mr Jellybean Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    I made a [chat] five days away from turning 30. I've peaked.

    Food time, later.

    Oh welcome to notification hell btw.

    You can turn those off.

    Ah... but you can't.

    Go to your preferences in your profile and untick "Notify me when some replies to my discussion".

    DNiIgRK.png
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    tyrannus wrote:
    tyrannus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Guys, help me: which Tom Clancy novel starts with Jack Ryan saving the life of one of the Princes of England? Like, some IRA douches are trying to kill half the royal family.
    why would individual retirement account managers want to kill the royal family

    they wanted to unleash the Roth of God
    and kick some Assets

    I hate you

    both of you
    they'd do it with this

    http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/boot.html

  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    tyrannus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    tyrannus wrote:
    tyrannus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Guys, help me: which Tom Clancy novel starts with Jack Ryan saving the life of one of the Princes of England? Like, some IRA douches are trying to kill half the royal family.
    why would individual retirement account managers want to kill the royal family

    they wanted to unleash the Roth of God
    and kick some Assets

    I hate you

    both of you
    they'd do it with this

    http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/boot.html

    you're not funny!!!

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hahahaha


    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S BACHMAN

    http://i.imgur.com/1LEAN.jpg




    EDIT: wtf, didn't thumbnail like usual...

    Organichu on
    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • JokermanJokerman Mr Jellybean Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:
    I kind of want to carry around a briefcase with taco's in it.

    This is so inspired.

    It'd be like the Iron Man suit briefcase

    only more delicious

    I just saw this gentleman walk into the library with a briefcase, and all i could think about is "I wish he had like, some taco's in there. Maybe he'd share some with me..."

    I would love to walk into someplace in a full tux suit, dark shades, slicked hair, with a large fancy metal briefcase

    walk up to a counter or table, unlock the briefcase and open it

    to reveal a carefully organized and segmented taco creation case, with small compartments of lettuce, tomato, filling, sauce, and a single carefully protected shell and a single white napkin

    make the taco, eat it, leave.

    Professional Taco. Taco Profesionale

    Fuck yeah, tacoing it up like a bauss.

    DNiIgRK.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    The UK is presently afflicted with the rise of the insufferable helmet camera cyclist.

    A lot of commuters started riding with helmet cams because of the difficulty in successfully pursuing claims in the event of being knocked off, and the unwillingness of the police to prosecute drivers on the basis of a single witness testimony.

    This has led to the generation of hundreds of hours of youtube footage of imagined slights and passionate defence of what said riders believe the law to be.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Hahahaha


    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S BACHMAN

    http://i.imgur.com/1LEAN.jpg




    EDIT: wtf, didn't thumbnail like usual...

    New pic for the spank bank.

    Thank you.

    steam_sig.png
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    I made a [chat] five days away from turning 30. I've peaked.

    Food time, later.

    Oh welcome to notification hell btw.

    You can turn those off.

    Ah... but you can't.

    Go to your preferences in your profile and untick "Notify me when some replies to my discussion".

    That's just for popups and emails... you still get notifications regardless.

  • Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    Modern Man wrote:
    Also, and I know it's your hobby Japan, but I find cyclists to have the highest percentage of douchebags to regular people out of any hobby group. That includes MMO players. The number of cyclists I've ran across who are just raging cocks is far more than anyone else.
    The packs of them racing along streets and blowing through every stop sign and red light are the worst. Hey, dickheads, if you want to be respected on the roads like a car, then follow the laws like a car.

    Oh god I see this in Boston all the time. I watched a woman on a bike blow through a red light and almost get taken out by a car. I was completely disappointed that she wasn't hit.
    Do you guys have the packs of spandex-clad type-A yuppies on their $2000+ bikes who all seem to be fantasizing about being Lance Armstrong?

    My wife's theory is that those guys were all dorks in high school who are now trying to be all cool and athletic. But they're afraid to actually play any sport where they might get dirty or banged up.

    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

  • EchoEcho very gravitas Super Moderator, Moderator mod
  • EchoEcho very gravitas Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Chanus wrote:
    Echo wrote:
    Screen%20Shot%202011-08-12%20at%2020.08.25.png

    How does this not drive you insane?

    I never click it.

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I only bookmarked one thread

    left for one night

    90 notifications

    Per3th.jpg
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Echo wrote:
    Screen%20Shot%202011-08-12%20at%2020.08.25.png

    How does this not drive you insane?

    I never click it.

    I would be clawing my eyes out if I tried not clicking it.

  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Registered User regular
    Don't think of them as notifications.

    Think of them as ForumScore.

  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Modern Man wrote:
    Do you guys have the packs of spandex-clad type-A yuppies on their $2000+ bikes who all seem to be fantasizing about being Lance Armstrong?

    My wife's theory is that those guys were all dorks in high school who are now trying to be all cool and athletic. But they're afraid to actually play any sport where they might get dirty or banged up.

    You could say much the same about golf.

  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Don't think of them as notifications.

    Think of them as ForumScore.
    except the scoring's like golf

    tyrannus on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Don't think of them as notifications.

    Think of them as ForumScore.
    oh my god

    bookmark everything

    Per3th.jpg
  • Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    japan wrote:
    Modern Man wrote:
    Do you guys have the packs of spandex-clad type-A yuppies on their $2000+ bikes who all seem to be fantasizing about being Lance Armstrong?

    My wife's theory is that those guys were all dorks in high school who are now trying to be all cool and athletic. But they're afraid to actually play any sport where they might get dirty or banged up.

    You could say much the same about golf.
    Yeah, but golfers have the decency to play their sport on a golf course, rather than on city streets.

    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

  • TehSlothTehSloth Functional But HammeredRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    I only bookmarked one thread

    left for one night

    90 notifications

    The first day of the new forums I bookmarked like 4 threads at work. I don't get any reception in my office so I didn't realize I was getting so many e-mails, and then when I got home and discovered the hundreds of e-mails I was receiving I couldn't actually log into the forums anymore to un-bookmark the threads or disable e-mail notifications.

    That was... very annoying.

    FC: 1993-7778-8872
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    boo for cyclists

    I am not a car person. Hell, I don't even have a drivers license. And even I can't stand those douchebags.

    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi Registered User regular
    There a golf course split by a road that's on my daily commute. Do golf carts in the crosswalk count as vehicles or pedestrians?

    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Registered User regular
    There a golf course split by a road that's on my daily commute. Do golf carts in the crosswalk count as vehicles or pedestrians?

    Hit some and see how many points you get.

  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Modern Man wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Modern Man wrote:
    Do you guys have the packs of spandex-clad type-A yuppies on their $2000+ bikes who all seem to be fantasizing about being Lance Armstrong?

    My wife's theory is that those guys were all dorks in high school who are now trying to be all cool and athletic. But they're afraid to actually play any sport where they might get dirty or banged up.

    You could say much the same about golf.
    Yeah, but golfers have the decency to play their sport on a golf course, rather than on city streets.

    Maybe where you live.

  • HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is is too early to call who the GOP candidate will be?

    I have not paid attention.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Honk wrote:
    Is is too early to call who the GOP candidate will be?

    I have not paid attention.

    Looking like Romney, but the establishment wishes like hell Perry would run, well the establishment and most liberals.

  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    I feel about the same predicting who the GOP candidates are as I do predicting which villains will make an appearance in a new Batman film.

    CmgpQ.jpg
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Honk wrote:
    Is is too early to call who the GOP candidate will be?

    I have not paid attention.

    Rick Romney or Mitt Perry.

    The VP pick will be a cardboard standee of Ronald Reagan.

    See you in November 2012!

This discussion has been closed.