Options

The Legend of the The Film Thread Chronicles: Rise of The Film Thread

wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated mediaRegistered User regular
edited August 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
gandalfandsarumanwithpe.jpg

Movies are good! Let's talk about them!

Here is a list of 9 movies which are amazing:

1) 2001: A Space Odyssey - It gives me so many goosebumps.
2) The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Some people think this movie is "so bad it's good." No, it's a loving and trippy tribute to old B movies, it isn't actually an old B movie! When the narrator says "And so it seems they had found the assistance that their plight required....or had they?" you are indeed supposed to laugh.
3) Inland Empire - David Lynch has still got it.
4) My Dinner With Andre - In my opinion one of the very best things in life is good conversation.
5) Ratatouille - Sometimes when I say "Ratatouille is one of my favorite movies" I worry people think "oh that guy is a stunted man child", but whatever, this movie is awesome and gives me the warm fuzzies. Anton Ego is one of my all-time favorite villains.
6) Punch-Drunk Love - My go-to answer for "scariest movie ever made".
7) A Clockwork Orange - Kubrick is the man.
8) A Few Good Men - So is Aaron Sorkin.
9) Inglorious Basterds - I did a Ratatouille-Basterds double-header once, they actually complimented each other very well - the two movies are kind of similar when you think about it.

wandering on

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Is this a sequel for the last film thread or a reboot of the franchise?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    It's a Prebootqual.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Rebranding. We're going to new (but very similar) and exciting (but familiar) places.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    This thread will be the epic story of a lovable little baby squirrel (voiced by Cameron Diaz) who must fight to save her village after a crafty thief (Alan Rickman) engineers a fake hostage situation so that he can build a superweapon and conquer the submarine.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote:
    Rebranding. We're going to new (but very similar) and exciting (but familiar) places.

Are we going to be more hip and really expand our audience?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Tomanta wrote:
    This thread will be the epic story of a lovable little baby squirrel (voiced by Cameron Diaz) who must fight to save her village after a crafty thief (Alan Rickman) engineers a fake hostage situation so that he can build a superweapon and conquer the submarine.
    sold.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Oh boy, is this where we get to talk about the 'The Smurfs' sequel?

I bet there'll be an outdated pop culture reference in it. The sky's the limit, baby!

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Smurf damnit.

• Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular

I bet there'll be an outdated pop culture reference in it. The sky's the limit, baby!

Come on ancient Mayan prophecy... come on ancient Mayan prophecy...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I shall list my top 3 most favouritest filims for no apparent reason.

1. DOA Dead or Alive (the video game movie). It's a wacky fun action movie with women in bikini. Also, one of the women has purple hair.

2. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete. It tucks at my nostalgia strings, but it does it well. Improvements over the regular version: made Denzel more important, gave some personality to Bad Guy, added one or two totes awesome scenes for Cloud.

3. Avatar. It's pretty to look at and I like all the nature-wature bullhockey in it. Also, it inspired me to get a bike and start exercising a bit, so that's nice.

Favouritinginest does not imply quality.

• Options
    Favouritinginest does not imply quality.

You really had me worried there.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    This Top 9 is lacking severly.

I mean really, Punch Drunk Love? What is with you, man?

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Yeah! Time for another round of pointless top X lists that doesn't mean a goddamn thing!

1. Casablanca - Cause years later, it's still fucking awesome.

2. Pulp Fiction - There is nothing to say about this that hasn't already been said.

3. Seven Samurai - The single greatest epic ever put to film.

4. Thumbsucker - Independent movies are overcrowded with quirky family dramedies, but this one stands out for me. Keanue Reeves as a hippy orthodonist sells it.

5. No Country for Old Men - Blah blah blarg.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    HalfhandHalfhand a stalwart bastion of terrible ideas Registered User regular
    lord of the rings best trilogy of all time

corio2.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Back to the Future is the best trilogy of all time, Gandalf can't time travel (.......can he?)

• Options
    Favorites.
    1. Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone.

2. Harry Potter and teh Chamber of Secrets.

3. Dare Devil

4. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

6. Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

7. Paris Hilton's Sextape.

8. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

In that order.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm still hurting from the news of the Smurfs sequel. I think this is why children grow to hate their parents.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I'm still hurting from the news of the Smurfs sequel. I think this is why children grow to hate their parents.

Actually I think this is why parents grow to hate their children.

Or, alternatively, why I grow to hate other people's children and the movie the dumbasses take them to.

shryke on
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    So were we about to shit on Galaxy Quest last thread? Cuz you're wrong. That movie's awesome.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Just saw The Guard. It was pretty neat. Brendan Gleason is great.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Galaxy Quest is awesome.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg