As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lollipop Chainsaw Debut Trailer

AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Games and Technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRfroCeDk2E

Yeah, it's a Suda 51 game.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
Antihippy on

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    UNDERBOOB CONFIRMED

I am all over this game.

edit: When it goes to 30$, anyway.

Magic Pink on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Bless suda51, may he never change.

steam_sig.png
    I would not mind if he got a little weirder, actually.

• MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Video seems broken. Name is intriguing. Is this crap? Is this like the path?

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote:

Really?

Check your browser. Working fine for me.

Also still can't believe warner bros actually picked this up.

Antihippy wrote:

Ditto. I was pretty D: at that beginning water tower.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    "Is this like The Path" is i think the greatest possible question you could ask about this game

liEt3nH.png
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    hahahaha, tommat

anyway, not liking the look of the gameplay proper in that, feels off somehow, but fuck it, it's suda and grasshopper, he's done right by me

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I was sold at suda 51. Oh how I hope I'll have a PS3 or X-box by the time this comes out.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    It looks like it could be fun, but so did No More Heroes and that game turned out to be a big pile of dog poop.

• DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    I am all over this. Day one.

Slather me in this game, Suda.

Antihippy wrote:
    Tommatt wrote:

Really?

Check your browser. Working fine for me.

Could be my iPhone being stupid. I don't know why some videos give me the X'd out play button from YouTube. Gonna try to search on the site.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I want to be excited for this game... but Shadows of the Damned was so goddamn terrible.

Before I get lynched, I love everything about the game except for the gameplay. The controls and shooting mechanics are some of the worst ever in videogame history. You could have the most interesting game in the world, but if actually playing it is poop then there is no enjoyment there.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Skull2185 wrote:
    I want to be excited for this game... but Shadows of the Damned was so goddamn terrible.
    The fuck?
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Before I get lynched,
    Oh nuh uh. We're taking this outside.

edited August 2011
    I haven't gotten SotD yet so I can't really comment on the gameplay, but Suda's biggest draw to me is that he's willing to go batshit insane.

This looks pretty insane so far too me, not sure about batshit yet but we'll see.

Antihippy on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote:
    It looks like it could be fun, but so did No More Heroes and that game turned out to be a big pile of dog poop.

Your face is a big pile of dog poop!

edited August 2011
    reVerse wrote:

You must have been playing The Path and just thought it was No More Heroes because that game was The Ulti-Fun.

Magic Pink on
    Antihippy wrote:
    I haven't gotten SotD yet so I can't really comment on the gameplay, but Suda's biggest draw to me is that he's willing to go batshit insane.
    Did you play Resident Evil 4? Because it's that. Also, you can move while you shoot.

Skull2185 wrote:

Before I get lynched, I love everything about the game except for the gameplay. The controls and shooting mechanics are some of the worst ever in videogame history. You could have the most interesting game in the world, but if actually playing it is poop then there is no enjoyment there.

Yeah, I'm kinda with you there. Terribad Hispanic accent started me down that sad road of Me No Likee and tarty bint in unwearable lingerie sealed the deal!

So you're nuh uh with unwearable lingerie but totally down with probably illegal blonde in really skimpy cheerleading outfit? :P

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    This game looks absolutely awful, but because I've liked Suda 51s previous efforts in games I am willing to give it a try. Definitely not buying this new.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote:
    This game looks absolutely awful, but because I've liked Suda 51s previous efforts in games I am willing to give it a try. Definitely not buying this new.

I disagree on the game looking awful. A scantly clad chainsaw wielding cheerleader zombie hunter is the opposite of awful.

Game looks like it may be a over the top Bayonetta-ish game? Hopefully they have some fluid, awesome controls for this one. (compared to the only other Suda 51 game I've played, not Bayonetta, Bayonetta was fuckawesome)

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Antihippy wrote:
    So you're nuh uh with unwearable lingerie but totally down with probably illegal blonde in really skimpy cheerleading outfit? :P

I'm not down with it at all but how often can I constantly bitch about objectified women in my games? I'd literally have to complain about EVERY GAME I BUY EVER.

Skull2185 wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

I disagree on the game looking awful. A scantly clad chainsaw wielding cheerleader zombie hunter is the opposite of awful.

Game looks like it may be a over the top Bayonetta-ish game? Hopefully they have some fluid, awesome controls for this one. (compared to the only other Suda 51 game I've played, not Bayonetta, Bayonetta was fuckawesome)

Well, actually, in that admittedly early trailer the gameplay looks pretty stilted and clunky. But that's just an initial impression based on almost nothing.

• JintorJintor Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote:

uh

uuuuuuuuuuh

Ok found the video. Looks pretty awesome. I was laughing my ass off the whole time. Loved the music and sound effects. Now to hope the game is good and their not just expecting boobs to sell it.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yep, definitely stylish. Then again that's what Suda does. Let's see how the game behind it fares this time.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Even before looking at the vid I predict a character that controls like a tank.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
    edited August 2011
    I'd be suprised with if it plays incredibly differently from no more heroes.

Also, how many projects does grasshopper have now? There's this, suda's kinect game, and yamaoka EVA rhythm game. Seems like a whole lot to do for the team. :lol:

Antihippy on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I'd be very surprised if it played any differently at all considering about 3/4s of those animations are directly from NMH2.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Troublemaker Studios Presents: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

I disagree on the game looking awful. A scantly clad chainsaw wielding cheerleader zombie hunter is the opposite of awful

Yeah, that's pretty awful and I've seen it done before (the zombies blood was even WHITE in that game and you had to wank the sword basically to clear it of zombie goo). I've liked his games in general, but the gameplay has to really stand out for me to take this seriously. Especially when I can get so many good zombie whacking hours in with games like Left4Dead2 and Dead Rising 2.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    ...Problem I had with the trailer is that the impacts didn't look heavy enough. Like there could be more resistance when the chainsaw hits enemies.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    She haves super strength, this is like saying there should be resistance when you cut butter with a plasma torch.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    that and if there were super heavy impacts on every hit in all your combos on your primary weapon it might get annoying

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, whatever, don't care about that. I do know it makes hitting things look pretty boring and even though it is just a preview trailer the combat looks pretty meh at the moment.

Dragkonias on
    you... don't care that actually playing it like that probably wouldn't feel very smooth?

7yh4xczljsym.png
    edited August 2011
    Hmm...there is a difference between something being smooth and something not having weight to it. And I would say that has a lot to do with the game and the types of weapons being used.

As she were using something like a katana, I could see an argument for smooth, clean attacks and even then you have impact usually as dictated through sound and visuals, a quick slash will look and sound different from a heavy slash thus making them feel different.

But when you're using heavy objects like chainsaws, hammers, etc I think it is much better to make it so the player feels the impact of the weapon.

It was something that bothered me about Darksiders too, basically you've got this big hulking character using these large weapons and they've got no impact to them.

I don't know, I guess it only really bothers me because I've started paying a lot more attention to these things in recent years. And while it may not be important to some, I think it enhances the game experience.

Dragkonias on
    well I know what you mean, I just dunno how I'd feel about having impact on all my hits like that for 90% of a game. after a while it would probably start to bother me

7yh4xczljsym.png