As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I don't speak french, Mass Effect

RaneadosRaneados police apologistyou shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
edited August 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
This SHOULD be nice and quick

Xbox 360, mass effect 1, I don't speak french and for some reason the game I just bought is in french, the store I got it from is closed for the day

is there a way to switch it back to english? I looked though what I believe were all the menus but who goddamn knows because I don't speak french

Google is woefully unhelpful for the things I typed in

Is there a way to switch from english to french on Xbox 360 mass effect?

Raneados on

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Well, 'language' is 'la langue' in French, if that helps.

English is 'anglaise'.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    From what I can tell on google, you might be screwed. There's alot of versions of this question on other forums and it seems like only the PC version can change language via patching.

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    well i can just go back to the store tomorrow and be all like

um what

and get a new one, ty

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Raneados wrote:
    well i can just go back to the store tomorrow and be all like

um what

and get a new one, ty

This is actually helpful to me to realize that most 360 games are region free. I might pick up some games while I'm over there (France) to help with my language skills.

If you were in Portland I'd buy that off of you.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    just let the funky music do the talking

• Options
    Pure DinPure Din Boston-areaRegistered User regular
    Esh wrote:
    This is actually helpful to me to realize that most 360 games are region free. I might pick up some games while I'm over there (France) to help with my language skills.

Just to be safe, there are NTSC games for 360 that are released in French only or English/French versions. And the Canadian exchange rate is a lot friendlier to an American buyer.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Pure Din wrote:
    Esh wrote:

Just to be safe, there are NTSC games for 360 that are released in French only or English/French versions. And the Canadian exchange rate is a lot friendlier to an American buyer.

Well, I'm going to be there and I've already spotted several used video game shops on street view. I'll poke around.

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    the ONE time I go to a non-gamestop store for a game

(gamestop had it at 25 bucks for used, what)

I get FACED

that'll teach me

mom n pop places why do you hurt me

• Options
    LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    You have to keep in mind that most Xbox games that feature a lot of spoken dialogue will not be multilanguage, this is true for all Bioware games I know of and stuff like FFXIII.
    While the PS3 version is multilanguage in these cases due to more space on a blue ray the Xbox version is usually not.

It is also true that most Xbox games are region free, but a very small percentage is for some reason not. Two games that I know of are Catherine(thanks Atlus, gotta wait for some unknown European release) and Deadly Premonition.
    So best check that on the internet before you buy.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Isn't ME1 on Games on Demand for like 20 bucks?

• Options
    maybe but I don't have hard drive space for it