As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre/Post PAX Maryland Meetup

• Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Alright, the March Meet-up will be Sunday March 30th, Noon at Games and Stuff. Please post here if you can make it so we have an idea of who's coming, and let me know if you have any questions or comments!

March Meetup Roster:
    Exodus
    Malgaras
    Zepherin +1
    Cryana +1

Exodus1 on
  • CryanaCryana Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    See everyone Sunday! Trying to decide if I should bring Terra Mystica or not. Maybe I'll just pop it into my backpack. Just in case.

Cryana on
    See you there! @cryana Bring it along, we might convince everyone to learn it.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Cryana wrote: »
    See everyone Sunday! Trying to decide if I should bring Terra Mystica or not. Maybe I'll just pop it into my backpack. Just in case.

Bring it IMO. I thought it was a lot of fun.

See you all tomorrow. Might have a couple more coming too.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • ZestroZestro Registered User new member
    I'm so sad I didn't know about this before today x_x I'm going to PAX and I'm from Maryland. Would have loved meeting up with some of you before and after PAX. If you guys have any specific place to meet up at during the convention let me know, I'll be sure to be there and would love to try out any tabletops/other games you guys have ^_^

Zestro wrote: »
    I'm so sad I didn't know about this before today x_x I'm going to PAX and I'm from Maryland. Would have loved meeting up with some of you before and after PAX. If you guys have any specific place to meet up at during the convention let me know, I'll be sure to be there and would love to try out any tabletops/other games you guys have ^_^
    Historically, convention meetups have been kinda impromptu, but generally some of us are around the Westin on Thursday and/or Sunday if nothing else.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • ProlixWagProlixWag Registered User regular
    Sorry I missed this too! For the record, I work at. Games and Stuff. Name's Cameron. Say hi sometime!

• NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    Hey you motherfuckers, I should actually go to one of these things.

edited April 2014
    Nice to see a couple new faces again. Hopefully we'll catch you guys at a game day soon. So, do we want to start looking at May? I'm pretty wide open at this point. The 10th and 17th are kinda cruddy, but even those I could make in a pinch. How about everyone else?

@ProlixWag‌ When do you work? On top of these meetups I swing by G&S every other Wednesday at 2:30ish for some MtG.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I already know @Exodus1 and I will be out of town the weekend of the 10th. Past that who knows!*

*As usual I likely won't be available for any weekend days. grumblegrumble.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    By the way, anyone here plan on hitting prime or south this go round?

1tLJUH2O.png
    It's likely going to be several years before I have enough money to do two PAXs in a year. South is out already because it is the same weekend as MAGfest.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    edited April 2014
    It's likely going to be several years before I have enough money to do two PAXs in a year. South is out already because it is the same weekend as MAGfest.

Oh you.
    http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1542056_o.gif

zerzhul on
  • FartmancerFartmancer Registered User regular

MAGFest heck yes!

So I have been severely neglectful of you all and never even made it to a single meetup. I'd like to remedy that. I might not be able to do May if it's in the first half of the month since I am moving AGAIN and also my cousin is getting married so time is a bit tight there. However, I will try to stay in the loop and come hang and play games.

edited April 2014
    FYI, MAGFest has a summer concert July 12th in Baltimore at Ram's Head Live called Bit Gen Gamer Fest. There'll be 10 bands, some arcades, consoles, and also artists selling stuff. Tickets are I think $20 online at $25 at the door. http://bitgen.magfest.org

It's almost certainly not conducive to tabletop gaming, but if you want any of the above features, then you might want to check it out.

NickTheNewbie on
    Hey! I have off work on Sunday the 25th! Does that work for a meet up date?

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    edited May 2014
    Hey! I have off work on Sunday the 25th! Does that work for a meet up date?

That works for me. Any other takers?

@Exodus1@zepherin‌ @Cryana @Kalel‌ @Zestro‌ @Fartmancer‌
    Hey you motherfuckers, I should actually go to one of these things.

/agree

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • Secret_SauceSecret_Sauce Registered User regular
    I am sad that I haven't seen this until now. I also live in Maryland (Bowie) and would like to meet some of you fine folks. Also, the Bit Gen Gamer Fest sounds awesome!

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm just south of D.C. so let me know of stuff too!

Hi everyone, hope you all had an awesome PAX East! I'd like to set this months meet-up for May 25th at Games and Stuff, but it looks like they are having a pro-tour Magic qualifier that day. I will call and ask about space, if they dont have enough, any ideas on an alternate location?

edited May 2014
    Exodus1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, hope you all had an awesome PAX East! I'd like to set this months meet-up for May 25th at Games and Stuff, but it looks like they are having a pro-tour Magic qualifier that day. I will call and ask about space, if they dont have enough, any ideas on an alternate location?
    Hmm... new game store opened up around here that I still need to check out, although I suspect they don't have a ton of table space. Probably a similar distance to G&S if not a bit closer for most of you all. I'd offer to host if I had more table space.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    25th is good

Any word from G&S?

1tLJUH2O.png
    edited May 2014
    Well, looks like G&S is a no go for this weekend, so I will offer up my house for games. This month's meetup will be Sunday May 25th, Noon at my house! I will PM my address to those who've already showed interest in this weekend's meetup, if you are interested post here and I'll add you to the roster and PM you as well. Feel free to bring snacks and beverages, I have a decent library of games, but bring your favorites, my Ouya will also be set up.

Sunday May 25th Meetup Roster:
    Exodus
    Malgaras
    Taboo
    NickTheNewbie - Maybe
    Duke 2.0 - Maybe

Exodus1 on
    Whereabouts do you live?

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    With a noon schedule and a closer proximity than Glen Burnie, depending on the city I may be able to catch this one

VRXwDW7.png
    I PM'ed you both my address, I'm located in Germantown, MD if anyone else is on the fence, it's easy access from I-270.

That's pretty close to the Shady Grove metro. I don't have car access this weekend, but if anybody is driving up I could carpool from that metro

VRXwDW7.png
    I bought chips and salsa! I also might be late, which is ironic since I live less than 5 minutes away.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    I had a couple people cancel last minute, so although it may not be one of our more attended events, I will still be ready to play some games with those who can make it!

edited May 2014
    Duke, Shady grove metro is on my way there. Text me as soon as you can with your timetable. I was trying to get to exodus's place right after noon. 443.280.3649

NickTheNewbie on
    edited May 2014
    Doublepost

NickTheNewbie on
    Thanks to everyone who came to game today, hope you had fun, see you all at the next meetup!

the game I was talking about briefly

VRXwDW7.png
    That was great! Thanks for hosting us over.

Yes, thanks for hosting. Sorry I was super late. I'll see you all at the next one.

1tLJUH2O.png
    @Exodus1 is da best host.
    Thaaaaaaaank yooooouuuuuuu!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Alright, lets talk June meetup, I am thinking either June 21st or 22nd at Games and Stuff. Let me know your availability!

edited June 2014
    Alright, lets talk June meetup, I am thinking either June 21st or 22nd at Games and Stuff. Let me know your availability!
    21st is no good for me, but I could do the 22nd.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
    Work is having a big party that weekend so it's all hands on deck.
    If anyone has any old electronics they need to get rid of we'll be collecting them that weekend, though. All the MOM's stores will have a big box you can come drop old computer parts/TVs/etc in!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png