Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: 'Jack Layton - The Death of a Canadian Icon - We'll miss you Jack,...' by Richy

RichyRichy Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
The face of Canadian politics.

Jack-Layton-NDP.jpg

Jack_Layton_drin_427321artw.jpg

6a00d8341bf8f353ef01157073136a970b.jpg

jack-layton-oct-13-wide-devon.jpg

layton1.jpg

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif

• CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    The above post is awesome.

Jack Layton was awesome till the end.

From the end of his last letter:
    My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.

cnPv4.png

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Nevas Sing for me, and I shall sing for you the song that ends the world.Registered User regular
    I really wish he wasn't dead. He will be missed.

fLl2cwm.jpg
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist A banana is good. It tastes the same going in or going out! Registered User regular
    Being a stupid American, I had no idea who he was. But obviously, any politician who has the balls to cosplay is a-ok in my book.

(Ok, being a Trekkie and a man cosplaying as Sailor Moon, probably aren't the same thing, but I still like the guy.)

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    I was expecting this guy:
    jack-layton-puzzles.png

Automata-Sg.png
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Oh myyy Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I shook this man's hand and I'm sad no one else will get the opportunity to do so. He was easily the best politician Canada has seen in recent times. It's a shame the populace were blind to his ambition.

Also, dat 'stache.

PSN: ArcticArctos
    3DSXL: 4527-9072-5305
    Steam: Arcadebear
    Brave Frontier: 3087842592