As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How come old [CHAT]s are always in black & white?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'll make out with Choco

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Dear Chat, Tonight I get to see Lupe Fiasco for free, if I die tomorrow I will die happy.

old lupe was better

As long as he does Kick Push and or Day Dream or really just anything from Food and Liqour I'm good

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Dear Chat, Tonight I get to see Lupe Fiasco for free, if I die tomorrow I will die happy.

:(

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Passerbye wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    I just emptied the contents of my pockets.

I need to keep less stuff in my pockets

but I can't think of anything I don't need

I had:

my cards, lighter, 20 lucky strikes, military ID, dog tag, keys, cell phone, pen, notebook, beret, working gloves, leatherman, lip balm, magic marker and a length of string

Stop smoking and wear your dog tags?

Not really sure what to do about the other stuff, I don't know what you need them for.

I don't even understand what kind of pants you are wearing...

are you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PveOdLQesE

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    We have a customer who wants us to give a presentation at their location. Part of that presentation involves playing a video that the customer made and uploaded to YouTube. The customer sent us an email saying, "You can use our conference room. We have a computer and a projector there for you."

The project manager here is freaking out. "They said that they have a computer but they didn't say it's connected to the Internet!" and wants me to give the presenter a laptop, projector, and broadband card to take with him just to play a YouTube video.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Brian, Lupe's allowed to enter Utah? Dang.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Passerbye wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:

I had:

my cards, lighter, 20 lucky strikes, military ID, dog tag, keys, cell phone, pen, notebook, beret, working gloves, leatherman, lip balm, magic marker and a length of string

Not really sure what to do about the other stuff, I don't know what you need them for.

NEVER GON' STOP SMOKING

also yeah should start to wear them they're surprisingly jagged

also I need my cards and ID because duh, same with keys, cell phone, lighter, smokes

pen and notebook is because a. I need to write stuff down now and then b. if I get bored somewhere I can doodle c. it's actually regulation so that helps

lip balm is, well, gets dry up here, magic marker is for, well, marking stuff, occasionally needed, working gloves because not having them when you need them is annoying and I need them often, leatherman the same, length of string exactly the same, use it all the time, beret because I need to wear a hat.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Anyway, so the advice I've picked up from this thread is that if I want to attract that chick I shouldn't wear the sonic shirt and should instead attempt to cosplay as whichever homosexual character she is all about.
    You can't go wrong with Eiri Yuki!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Wow, the 'premium' edition of bloodline champions is $90 (currently on sale for 63).

That is a lot for a videogame.

But then again, it is equivalent to buying a copy of LoL where you would get every champion unlocked, get every future champion unlocked upon release, and have every rune in the game.

I would actually pay a tidy sum to have that in LoL.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    We have a customer who wants us to give a presentation at their location. Part of that presentation involves playing a video that the customer made and uploaded to YouTube. The customer sent us an email saying, "You can use our conference room. We have a computer and a projector there for you."

The project manager here is freaking out. "They said that they have a computer but they didn't say it's connected to the Internet!" and wants me to give the presenter a laptop, projector, and broadband card to take with him just to play a YouTube video.

If only there were some way to communicate with the location before they arrive. Imagine if there were a box, that allowed you to "call" out to another location and communicate over a long distance.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:

why not just give the video on a usb stick

you can download teh youtubes, you know.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Passerbye wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:

I had:

I don't even understand what kind of pants you are wearing...

are you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PveOdLQesE

uniform pants, they got two big-ass pockets on the thighs but it's not a good place for small dense things

mostly just used for clothing and sneaking food out of the mess

today I made off with three oranges, four bread rolls and some cutlery

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Are you not allowed to belt-mount stuff, Abd

Quit smoking, too

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Anime conventions just sound like a place that would make me die inside. I get terrible second hand embarrassment. Like, I can't even watch videos on the youtubes of people making fools of themselves. An anime convention would kill me. It wouldn't be the costumes either. It would be shit like sugared up fangirls running around yelling too loud so that everyone can hear them! And, debates over how to eat sushi or what the fuck ever

The actual term for this is "contact embarrassment".

• Options
    Uniform pants pockets holding three oranges blows my mind.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Anime conventions just sound like a place that would make me die inside. I get terrible second hand embarrassment. Like, I can't even watch videos on the youtubes of people making fools of themselves. An anime convention would kill me. It wouldn't be the costumes either. It would be shit like sugared up fangirls running around yelling too loud so that everyone can hear them! And, debates over how to eat sushi or what the fuck ever

there's a fucking term for this?

Where has it been all my life?

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

Quit smoking, too

only the leatherman would be able to mount on a belt and I don't have a holster for it

also I don't wear my belt, it's kind of a pain

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I'm going to be contrarian and suggest you keep smoking but stop eating oranges and writing things down.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Ludious wrote:
    Feral wrote:

If only there were some way to communicate with the location before they arrive. Imagine if there were a box, that allowed you to "call" out to another location and communicate over a long distance.

Iknowright?

It's not really that big of a deal. But this particular person does stuff like this all the time. If he is presented with a problem, he'll find the most circuitous baffling way of solving the problem. this is just the most easily explained example.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Passerbye wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:

I had:

NEVER GON' STOP SMOKING

also yeah should start to wear them they're surprisingly jagged

also I need my cards and ID because duh, same with keys, cell phone, lighter, smokes

pen and notebook is because a. I need to write stuff down now and then b. if I get bored somewhere I can doodle c. it's actually regulation so that helps

lip balm is, well, gets dry up here, magic marker is for, well, marking stuff, occasionally needed, working gloves because not having them when you need them is annoying and I need them often, leatherman the same, length of string exactly the same, use it all the time, beret because I need to wear a hat.

No, not what you need them for. I know that. What you need them for. Is the most convenient place for your Leatherman in your pocket, or would it be more convenient in a belt holster? Could you keep your ID on a lanyard or something along with your dog tags? Etc.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    No, pretty sure I've always called it second hand embarrassment. I mean it's not some term I just made up.

Not that it's a scientific source but second-hand embarrassment has an entry on urban dictionary. Contact embarrassment does not.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote:
    Brian, Lupe's allowed to enter Utah? Dang.

Every Summer the SLC Arts Council holds the twilight concert series, which is a free concert each thursday throughout July and August. Last year we had Modest Mouse, Beirut, Dodos, Matisyahu, and She and Him to name some. This year was the Decemberist, Explosions in the Sky, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes and others but none of them compare to how excited I am for Lupe.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Ludious wrote:
    No, pretty sure I've always called it second hand embarrassment. I mean it's not some term I just made up.

Not that it's a scientific source but second-hand embarrassment has an entry on urban dictionary. Contact embarrassment does not.

Confused

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Paws, stop putting youtube in code.

It is unnecessary, and I am Swedish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdkz-Hhxn8s

well at least you didn't put the code in the youtube in code.

head woulda exploded.

Don't tempt me.

• Options
    Wait Matisyahu is allowed to enter Utah? Dang.

• Options

They can take everything

they're like bags of holding that don't reduce weight at all and instead smack against your knees

most I've taken out of there have been three baguettes, four waffles, four oranges and a fork

that was in addition to two hats (so I always had the one we would be required to wear then)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

i don't think there's a single human emotional state or feeling that hasn't been documented and labeled

• Options
  • Options
    Pony wrote:
    Arch wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

i don't think there's a single human emotional state or feeling that hasn't been documented and labeled

What the fuck do I know about human emotions

• Options
    Passerbye wrote:

No, not what you need them for. I know that. What you need them for. Is the most convenient place for your Leatherman in your pocket, or would it be more convenient in a belt holster? Could you keep your ID on a lanyard or something along with your dog tags? Etc.

Hm.

I could buy a thingy to get the ID on my chest instead. Also get a holster for the leatherman.

I do have a lot of pockets in my jacket but buttoning and unbuttoning is inconvient so everything migrates to my pockets anyway.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote:

Contact Embarrassment seems to be pretty frequently given as a term for those 'answer-a-question' websites, though.

Both terms equally used? I've not heard either.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

GLOMP

• Options
    My name is Kanye West and I'm gonna rhyme Sex with Sex

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

Quit smoking, too

also, nuh-uh

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Passerbye wrote:

Hm.

I could buy a thingy to get the ID on my chest instead. Also get a holster for the leatherman.

I do have a lot of pockets in my jacket but buttoning and unbuttoning is inconvient so everything migrates to my pockets anyway.

Button-closed pockets are never a good idea.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:

They can take everything

they're like bags of holding that don't reduce weight at all and instead smack against your knees

most I've taken out of there have been three baguettes, four waffles, four oranges and a fork

that was in addition to two hats (so I always had the one we would be required to wear then)
    they're like that thing your aunt gave you that you can't get rid of

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

Quit smoking, too

also, nuh-uh

that's dumb abd

you are young and in the army

this is your opportunity to get in the best shape of your life

don't be a dumb

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

I'm kind of weirded out by Jay-Z's "uh, yeah, uuuuhhh, chyeah" thing he's really brought out in this new album

• Options
    Ludious wrote:

DON'T START, LUDIOUS.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    The only cosplaying I do is on Halloween. WHERE IT BELONGS.

You just ruined Halloween by associating it with cosplay.

This is worse than when I saw Santa on manhunt.com advertising himself as a "polar bear."

This discussion has been closed.