Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX Rock Band Freeplay Find-A-Band Thread

MelceneMelcene Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
EDIT: There is no Rock Band Freeplay this year at PAX. Booo Harmonix! :(

Melcene on
melcene-wide.png
mogablah-BlackUserbar.gif

• MelceneMelcene Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    And I'm not sure why this thread won't keep my thread title :(

melcene-wide.png
  • TeletheusTeletheus Registered User
    See if it'll let you edit the title now that you've made the post. I had to do that on the thread I started for tonight's dinner.

(Also, I'm the proverbial utility infielder in Rock Band, so I can play anything you need, although my favorite is probably drums. Not available Saturday afternoon, though.)

PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
    Aha! Yep, was able to fix the title. Thanks!

melcene-wide.png
  • AistanAistan Mr. Cellophane Registered User regular
    I'll be in and out of the freeplay area between panels, probably mostly doing Rock Band, so I wouldn't mind joining anyone.

I do mostly Expert Bass, can do a bit of Hard Guitar also, though the solos usually destroy me.

steam_sig.png
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I dont think there is a Rock Band free play setup this year.

G & T Constellation Gym Leader - Msg or @ me to challenge or if you add me!
    3DS: 5112-3515-8441 | LoL: Arikado PA | XBL: Arikado PA | BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | Twitter
  • PastyPasty cutscenesmith Registered User regular
    i asked one of the console freeplay enforcers about this and he confirmed that there is zero rock band presence this year. no stage, no materials/instruments/setups in console freeplay (at least there weren't when i checked), and when i passed by harmonix's booth it looked like the entire booth was devoted to dance central. usually hmx is pretty big on bringing down at least one setup, so i was a bit surprised.

• timdorrtimdorr Registered User regular
    If you still need a drummer, I'm ranked in the top 400-500 (depending on how you look at it) on the Xbox leaderboards. My username is my Twitter and Facebook account, so hunt me down that way. I *love* to drum :D

Pasty wrote:
    i asked one of the console freeplay enforcers about this and he confirmed that there is zero rock band presence this year. no stage, no materials/instruments/setups in console freeplay (at least there weren't when i checked), and when i passed by harmonix's booth it looked like the entire booth was devoted to dance central. usually hmx is pretty big on bringing down at least one setup, so i was a bit surprised.

I noticed that myself today. VERY disappointed. Will update the original post.

melcene-wide.png
  • AistanAistan Mr. Cellophane Registered User regular
    Yep I asked and even though Rock Bands 1-3 were on the games list, they said they weren't going to be checking out instruments.

Oh well.

steam_sig.png
  • AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User
    That is very very disappointing. Rock Band Freeplay has been a staple of late night PAX for me, sad to see it go.

• KaneBlaireauKaneBlaireau Registered User regular
    SO disappointed! Rock Band Freeplay has always been a PAX highlight for me. Maybe next yer. :(