Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Game Deals Thread

24567100

Posts

  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Rakai wrote:
    Vi Monks wrote:
    According to http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals, the new Alice will be 60% off on Origin later today.

    Hmm, $20 is tempting, but it can go lower and my backlog is killing me. Decisions, decisions.

    If you're a fan of games with amazing design and art direction, the new Alice is more than worth $20.

    If you're a fan of old-school 3D platformers and don't mind repetition out the wazoo, the new Alice is worth $20.

    It has next to zero replay value, but it's unlike pretty much anything else I've played since Psychonauts. It's also really fucking creepy.

    Also, bear in mind that EA Insider deals are usually unlocked for about 10 seconds before the "limited supplies" dry up, so anyone who's interested make sure you're around a computer at 5PM Pacific.

  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hunted PS3/360 19$, PC 10$ :!: I got this one on PS3 and it's not bad at all! If anyone gets it and wants to co-op, let me know!

    Brink PS3/360 17$, PC 10$

    Top Spin 4 PS3/360/Wii 20$

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard Registered User regular
    Kaseius wrote:
    Hunted PS3/360 19$, PC 10$ :!: I got this one on PS3 and it's not bad at all! If anyone gets it and wants to co-op, let me know!

    Brink PS3/360 17$, PC 10$

    Top Spin 4 PS3/360/Wii 20$

    Is it past time to get the free DLC with Brink? If so I'll just wait for a 5 dollar deal on Steam with everything included.

    Xbox 360/One Gamertag: SpanWolf - PS3/PS4 Gamertag: Span_Wolf
    3DS: Span_Wolf - 4854-6434-9883/WiiU:Span_Wolf
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/ - Origin: Span_Wolf
  • RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    Rakai wrote:
    Vi Monks wrote:
    According to http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals, the new Alice will be 60% off on Origin later today.

    Hmm, $20 is tempting, but it can go lower and my backlog is killing me. Decisions, decisions.

    If you're a fan of games with amazing design and art direction, the new Alice is more than worth $20.

    If you're a fan of old-school 3D platformers and don't mind repetition out the wazoo, the new Alice is worth $20.

    It has next to zero replay value, but it's unlike pretty much anything else I've played since Psychonauts. It's also really fucking creepy.

    Also, bear in mind that EA Insider deals are usually unlocked for about 10 seconds before the "limited supplies" dry up, so anyone who's interested make sure you're around a computer at 5PM Pacific.

    The question is not whether or not I will enjoy it. The question is if I will get to it before it gets cheaper.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Kaseius wrote:
    Hunted PS3/360 19$, PC 10$ :!: I got this one on PS3 and it's not bad at all! If anyone gets it and wants to co-op, let me know!

    Brink PS3/360 17$, PC 10$

    Top Spin 4 PS3/360/Wii 20$

    Is it past time to get the free DLC with Brink? If so I'll just wait for a 5 dollar deal on Steam with everything included.

    I think it ended -- it should have just been free forever. Completely! Splitting the player base like that was probably a bad idea in hindsight.

    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Kaseius wrote:
    Kaseius wrote:
    Hunted PS3/360 19$, PC 10$ :!: I got this one on PS3 and it's not bad at all! If anyone gets it and wants to co-op, let me know!

    Brink PS3/360 17$, PC 10$

    Top Spin 4 PS3/360/Wii 20$

    Is it past time to get the free DLC with Brink? If so I'll just wait for a 5 dollar deal on Steam with everything included.

    I think it ended -- it should have just been free forever. Completely! Splitting the player base like that was probably a bad idea in hindsight.

    Yes, the Brink "Agents Of Change" DLC is now an unreasonably not-free $9.99.

    Although the concept of Brink having a playerbase large enough to split makes me giggle.

  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    I really wish it did better; it has so much style and charm and potential, but such a rough launch and lack of any real campaign basically killed it completely. :(

    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Ugh... Worst time to be unemployed.

    Games completed recently: The Witcher, Resident Evil 4: HD Edition, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored.
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I couldn't justify getting Deus Ex for $50, since I was just laid off... But at the price of $35, I just can't say no.

    I didn't ask for this.

    camo_sig2.png
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote:
    I couldn't justify getting Deus Ex for $50, since I was just laid off... But at the price of $35, I just can't say no.

    I didn't ask for this.

    At that price, you can't afford NOT to buy it!

    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Rakai wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:
    Rakai wrote:
    Vi Monks wrote:
    According to http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals, the new Alice will be 60% off on Origin later today.

    Hmm, $20 is tempting, but it can go lower and my backlog is killing me. Decisions, decisions.

    If you're a fan of games with amazing design and art direction, the new Alice is more than worth $20.

    If you're a fan of old-school 3D platformers and don't mind repetition out the wazoo, the new Alice is worth $20.

    It has next to zero replay value, but it's unlike pretty much anything else I've played since Psychonauts. It's also really fucking creepy.

    Also, bear in mind that EA Insider deals are usually unlocked for about 10 seconds before the "limited supplies" dry up, so anyone who's interested make sure you're around a computer at 5PM Pacific.

    The question is not whether or not I will enjoy it. The question is if I will get to it before it gets cheaper.

    This is why I instituted a "nothing over $10" rule. I could stop buying games altogether for the next 10 years and still be chipping away at the backlog.

    Vegan on
    camo_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Alice is surely tempting at 20$, especially as EA doesn't look to be having it on sale on Steam anytime soon (And who knows, may get pulled at any time.) ..but meh.

    but meh.

  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote:
    Rakai wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:
    Rakai wrote:
    Vi Monks wrote:
    According to http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals, the new Alice will be 60% off on Origin later today.

    Hmm, $20 is tempting, but it can go lower and my backlog is killing me. Decisions, decisions.

    If you're a fan of games with amazing design and art direction, the new Alice is more than worth $20.

    If you're a fan of old-school 3D platformers and don't mind repetition out the wazoo, the new Alice is worth $20.

    It has next to zero replay value, but it's unlike pretty much anything else I've played since Psychonauts. It's also really fucking creepy.

    Also, bear in mind that EA Insider deals are usually unlocked for about 10 seconds before the "limited supplies" dry up, so anyone who's interested make sure you're around a computer at 5PM Pacific.

    The question is not whether or not I will enjoy it. The question is if I will get to it before it gets cheaper.

    This is why I instituted a "nothing over $10" rule. I could stop buying games altogether for the next 10 years and still be chipping away at the backlog.

    I think I (and most of us around here) need a "nothing under $10" rule.

    I mean seriously. When a game is over that magical number I'm more choosy about what I buy and don't just pick up anything because it's super cheap and I might enjoy it.

    When games are under $10 like very steam sale ever, then before I can even blink I suddenly have 15 more games on Steam. If I sneeze I suddenly buy 4 more. And I never get around to playing them and I suspect I'm not alone.

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    You are not alone, my back log has started to fill up and i just bought space marine (warhammer nerd couldnt resist) and with all the games coming soon im going to be looking at a divorce if i try and sqeeze that many games in

    Also i mention this is the last thread

    http://isthereanydeal.com/

    is a nice site for deals

    I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Oathbreaker KingslayerRegistered User regular
    $15 and below are buy one, get one free at Blockbuster.

    For those who have any left near them.

    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow YRP...in position It's showtime, girls.Registered User regular
    Man

    Brink really dropped like a brick

    kTNzrVi.png?2
    Disasterrific! | Sometimes I stream PS4 games here | PSN: UnbreakableVow
  • corin7corin7 Registered User regular
    Man

    Brink really dropped like a brick

    Sad state of affairs. I paid $20 for it during the Quakecon Steam sale and got the DLC for free and have had a great time with is so far. Definitely worth $20 imo.

    ninsig.jpg
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Alice is surely tempting at 20$, especially as EA doesn't look to be having it on sale on Steam anytime soon (And who knows, may get pulled at any time.) ..but meh.

    but meh.


    I don't really see Alice as a DLC sort of game, but who knows.

    camo_sig.png
  • ArthilArthil Lord Commander Ursus Maximus Registered User regular
    canuckont wrote:
    You are not alone, my back log has started to fill up and i just bought space marine (warhammer nerd couldnt resist) and with all the games coming soon im going to be looking at a divorce if i try and sqeeze that many games in

    Also i mention this is the last thread

    http://isthereanydeal.com/

    is a nice site for deals

    Oh.

    Oh god.

    I'm in some big trouble here.

    Youtube PSN: Honishimo GW2: Akeche.4867 Steam Fitocracy
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Just Cause 2 PC 10$

    Dead Space 2 PC CE 20$ (On backorder from Amazon)

    Golden Sun DS 20$

    A few new ones that I saw today; chuckling about the "CE" of Dead Space 2. NOT SO COLLECTIBLE NOW, ARE YOU?!

    edit:

    Forgot to post Buy One Get One 50% Off 3DS games; SMT included!

    Mostly decent because it has SMT in there and a few other all right things.

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • ArthilArthil Lord Commander Ursus Maximus Registered User regular
    Just Cause 2 is tempting, but I have it on Steam. And I'm not sure if $10 would be worth it to find out whether the game is a crashy piece of shit on my machine in general, or if its Steam.

    Youtube PSN: Honishimo GW2: Akeche.4867 Steam Fitocracy
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    Just Cause 2 is tempting, but I have it on Steam. And I'm not sure if $10 would be worth it to find out whether the game is a crashy piece of shit on my machine in general, or if its Steam.

    Game is Steamworks anyway, so you shall never know!

    steam_sig.png
    Add me on PSN, Raptr and Wii U and probably every other gaming service under the name: Corpekata
    3ds Friend code: 2251-4724-0730
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Cross posting this from the DX thread.

    In case anyone missed it, the Radeon HD 6870 deal is back at Newegg. $155 after rebate for the card, DX:HR, Shogun 2, and Dirt 3. Free shipping.

    steam_sig.png
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I was trying to think of ways to make the OP easier to read; how do you guys think it would look if I replaced text links with image links?

    I did a quick mock up of size/style that I could easily do to post there:

    Game w/ credit offer:
    CZTlf.jpg

    Sale:
    pe8Cn.jpg

    What do you dudes think?

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Looks good to me, but I'd suggest adding some kind of indicator for games that can be registered on Steam. Maybe put the Steamworks logo on the image or something. Also, dear freaking crap do not Google image Steamworks.

    I should add that the DX and Dirt 3 parts of the Radeon deal expire on 8/31.

    steam_sig.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I like it. Maybe add the retailer to the image? I can just mouse over to see it's an Amazon deal, for example, but I dunno. Just a thought.

    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Okay, and how about image sizes? Roughly that, or should I make 'em a bit smaller?

    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • ArthilArthil Lord Commander Ursus Maximus Registered User regular
    Pretty good, if need be you can put them under spoiler tags.

    Youtube PSN: Honishimo GW2: Akeche.4867 Steam Fitocracy
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Okay, OP sort of updated as a test run. Let me know what you think. If it's good, I can try this for all the deals available, or at least the big ones. Not sure if I should do it with in-store deals (sales at gamestop/bestbuy/etc).

    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    OP's looking good, Kaseius.

    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Yeah looks nice.

    Gonna be a lot of work for you to keep it updated though.

    I wish vanilla had some option to allow a "group" to update an OP so it didn't fall on one person for things like this.

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    It's mostly just time consuming, but I've got a lot of free time at the moment. I figure if I just keep it to the "big" deals then it won't be too tough to keep up to date with.

    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    kaseius dude this thread is going to be a big help in the coming months when all that AAA shit drops in rapid succession

  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Gamefly

    Duke Nukem used 17.99 PS3 free shipping

    Fable 3 used 12.99 free shipping

    Amazon

    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 360 20$

    Good until they run out or around 5 PM tomorrow

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    kaseius dude this thread is going to be a big help in the coming months when all that AAA shit drops in rapid succession

    only if i can find any decent sales on 'em; black friday will be insane

    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • ArthilArthil Lord Commander Ursus Maximus Registered User regular
    Black Friday isn't what you have to worry about.

    It's the Cyber Monday that follows.

    Youtube PSN: Honishimo GW2: Akeche.4867 Steam Fitocracy
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Yeah looks nice.

    Gonna be a lot of work for you to keep it updated though.

    I wish vanilla had some option to allow a "group" to update an OP so it didn't fall on one person for things like this.

    The Cheapassgamer forums have a 'wiki post' option that I imagine must be very helpful for this exact situation.

    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Yoomanity's best hope I should goRegistered User regular
    Fable 3 for $13 is actually kind of tempting... hmmm. I think I gave some gamefly fun bux saved up too

    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
This discussion has been closed.