As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game Deals Thread

• KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Okamiden - 20$ is amazon's deal of the day; cheapest I've seen it, I think. Is it any good?

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    I enjoyed Okamiden, but it is definitely a step down from Okami. It's a fun little adventure game though.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    edit: previous post was in wrong thread.

Do the Sega game come in one master program, or are they 4 dozen individual games/installs?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Mass Effect 3 (360), $39.99, free shipping. You have to add to cart to see the price

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Thinking about picking up Thor for the DS during the b2
    Kirbith wrote: »
    I enjoyed Okamiden, but it is definitely a step down from Okami. It's a fun little adventure game though.

Agreed - I'd actually like to give it a try on the 3DS circle pad - I found the Dpad was my biggest hurdle in enjoying Okamiden (or any other DS 3d platformer).

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Mass Effect 3 (360), $39.99, free shipping. You have to add to cart to see the price

DAYUM!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    That's it. I'm never buying another game at launch. Not even 2 weeks?

Gamefly Under 15$ Sale (hopefully this link works, posting from my phone and can't type up all the sales)

edited March 2012
    Hurry up because SlickDeals resellers are on that GameFly sale like flies on shit and it'll be picked clean by morning.

There's some ridiculous prices on there, here's what I could find that I remember people wanting around here (these are on 360, I didn't go through PS3 section but I imagine it's the same):

El Shaddai, it's 8.99 for members.
    LA Noire - 7 bucks,
    Warhammer 40K - 9 bucks,
    Vanquish - 11.99
    Deus Ex: Human Resources - 8.99
    Portal 2 for 11 bucks shipped

Allforce on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Kaseius wrote: »
    Also, Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition is 60$

and if you like SEGA PC downloads, they've got a few discounted:

Sonic Generations PC download - 7.50$ (Steamworks)
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - 5$
    Dreamcast Collection - 7.50$

and the biggest dollar-to-game ratio of them all:
    SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack - 7.50$
    Contains:
    The SEGA 48 Game Mega Arcade Pack contains:

Golden Axe
    Altered Beast
    Comix Zone
    Ecco the Dolphin
    Gain Ground
    Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
    VectorMan
    Crack Down
    Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
    Space Harrier II
    Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    Bonanza Bros.
    Columns
    Ecco Jr.
    Eternal Champions
    Fatal Labyrinth
    Galaxy Force II
    Kid Chameleon
    Ristar
    Super Thunder Blade
    Alien Storm
    Bio-Hazard Battle
    Columns III
    Sword of Vermilion
    Virtua Fighter 2
    Ecco: The Tides of Time
    Decap Attack
    Flicky
    ESWAT: City Under Siege
    Golden Axe II.
    Alien Soldier
    Gunstar Heroes
    Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole
    Light Crusader
    Shining Force
    Shining Force II
    Shining in the Darkness
    Streets of Rage
    Streets of Rage 2
    Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    ToeJam & Earl
    ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron

Why can't you activate on Steam SEGA mega pack?! WHY?!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    http://local.amazon.com

5 dollars gets you ten. Once per account, today only, limited quantities. Technically not a games deal, but its five extra dollars on a site rife with such game deals.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Space Marine is 10 bucks over at Gamersgate today. Think that's more or less what it's been on before, but hey, if anyone missed it. Steamworks: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-W40KSM/warhammer-40000-space-marine?caff=3884871

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Space Marine is 10 bucks over at Gamersgate today. Think that's more or less what it's been on before, but hey, if anyone missed it. Steamworks: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-W40KSM/warhammer-40000-space-marine?caff=3884871

I just finished Space Marine, or as I like to call it Dynasty Gorriers. Man I loved the game, but the fact that some of the Servo Skull collectables are bugged and you can't get the achievement for finding them all, pissed me off to the very core of my balls. I went through the trouble of finding every single one and didn't get shit for it.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Kaseius wrote: »
    Gamefly Under 15$ Sale (hopefully this link works, posting from my phone and can't type up all the sales)

Grabbed Bulletstorm for $8 - thanks!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    El Shaddai is a dumb game...

Space Marine arrived in the mail yesterday, though. I played it briefly back in September, but something else came out at the same time that demanded my attention (Dead Island, maybe) so I didn't give it a fair shake. Then my brother traded it in before I could get back to it :(

Game is so badass! These Imperial Guardsmen must feel like they're witnessing miracles. A handful of them balls deep in Orks, about to be over run and

*WHAM*

Giant Ultramarine comes crashing through the line, slices fools with a chainsword, peppers in some bolter fire, grabs a filthy greenskin by the head, slams him to the fround and stomps his brains out, and then drops a grenade and rolls away.

No more Orks.

Awesome!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    http://local.amazon.com

5 dollars gets you ten. Once per account, today only, limited quantities. Technically not a games deal, but its five extra dollars on a site rife with such game deals.

You mean THIS?
    I clicked your link and it just went to the default page (for Fathead wall graphics?).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Live Codes, get yer Live Codes!

45.99 gets you a year of Live plus 1600 MS Funbux, free shipping at the Microsoft Store

Or if you hate digital content and just can't stand those stupid points, get a year of Live for 29.99 at TigerDirect via eBay

• jeremywcjeremywc Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I just finished Space Marine, or as I like to call it Dynasty Gorriers. Man I loved the game, but the fact that some of the Servo Skull collectables are bugged and you can't get the achievement for finding them all, pissed me off to the very core of my balls. I went through the trouble of finding every single one and didn't get shit for it.

There is an achievement for it: Librarian of Macragge. You sure you really caught them all? :-P

EDIT: Ah, NM, I see what you're saying. Achievement is bugged.

jeremywc on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    jeremywc wrote: »

There is an achievement for it: Librarian of Macragge. You sure you really caught them all? :-P

Yeah, so imagine how pissed you'd be if you made a point of finding every single one of them, and you didn't get the achievement.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    That would piss me right off, that's for sure, especially if it's time consuming or difficult.

Buy a 320GB PS3, get a free game
    Choices are:
    MLB 12 The Show
    Uncharted 3
    Twisted Metal
    Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'd play a Deus Ex game set in a human resources department. Lord knows they'd need a good one, judging by all those emails I hacked into and read.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    1C Complete Pack for 70 bucks at Gamersgate. Not the best company in the world, but they make some interesting, if niche titles sometimes. Like 80 damn games.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-1CBIGPACK/1c-complete-pack-bundle?caff=3884871

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I'ma slap you right in the penis.

herbert_family-guy_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

Magic Pink wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I'ma slap you right in the penis.

herbert_family-guy_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

But its so booooooring...

The combat is kinda neat I guess, but bleh... I played it for a solid 3 hours when I got it, and haven't touched it since.

Space Marine on the other hand is pretty boss, even if the difficulty suddenly spikes into bull shitty territory towards the end... on easy difficulty no less...

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

Yeah, so imagine how pissed you'd be if you made a point of finding every single one of them, and you didn't get the achievement.

But now I'm happy to know not to bother with it once I give the game a proper playthrough. Thanks! And my sympathies.

• TheManTrapTheManTrap Registered User regular
    I received two coupons from Steam this morning: one for 50% off Assassins Creed: Revelations and the other for 66% off Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. I have no interest in either game so if you want them just send me a pm and I'll add you on steam.

SteevL wrote: »

But now I'm happy to know not to bother with it once I give the game a proper playthrough. Thanks! And my sympathies.

You actually still want to get them all because they aren't just pointless collectables, but impart important back story when you pick them up.

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    TheManTrap wrote: »
    I received two coupons from Steam this morning: one for 50% off Assassins Creed: Revelations and the other for 66% off Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. I have no interest in either game so if you want them just send me a pm and I'll add you on steam.

Disappointing. Clash Of Heroes is one of the best puzzle games I've played in years.

edited March 2012
    Man, they really want to get rid of these:

Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle 250$ + 25$ credit

comes with Halo Reach and Fable 3, I think. 250gb HDD and 3 months of XBL Gold.

Kaseius on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    Gentlemen, I seem to have acquired some Steam coupons for 50% off of Assassin's Creed Revelations and Heroes of Might and Magic 6. AC:Rev's singleplayer was meh as fuck but the multiplayer is super cool, and HoMM6 is very similar to HoMM3 if you enjoyed that. I've got three HoMM6 coupons and two AC:Rev coupons, add me if you're interested: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wavefront

According to CAG, Target is doing Buy 2 get 1 free starting 3/25.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

I was looking for an excuse to buy ME3, but I'm not sure as to what other two games I would buy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

I was looking for an excuse to buy ME3, but I'm not sure as to what other two games I would buy.

Mass effect 1 and 2?

Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
    edited March 2012
    seabass wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Mass effect 1 and 2?

Yeah, but then you're only using like five bucks of the deal.

So, can anyone give opinions on:

Silent Hill: Downpour
    Ninja Gaiden 3
    Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
    Binary Domain
    Shadows Of The Damned

I know they haven't done well review wise, but I have a friend who wants to buy a game but doesn't want in on the deal, so in essence I can get two of these for 30 each. Are they even worth that much?

SkyTurnsRed on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    shadows of the damned is pretty fun, but you can get it real cheap if you look around.

i hear not great things about NG3 and REORC, but i havent played either personally.

Not a lot of good, new stuff to pair with ME3, really. Kingdoms of Amalur? FFXIII-2?

SFxT and SSX are both real cool, if you like those kinds of things.

I am not normally into either genre. But I watched the Giantbomb quicklook at SSX, and it looked pretty cool.

theres armored core 5 also i guess? i dunno, i picked up everything that i care about right now personally. everything else is on the wait til it hits 20-30 pile.

This discussion has been closed.