As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I love cats. I love every kind of cat.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    tumblrm1w2kluidi1qi1xfx.jpg

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Aw, so adorable, Joe!

Shoe, I am sorry to hear about your cat. :(

So Shara has to lie on me at every available opportunity. If I'm sitting in an awkward position? Doesn't matter! She will still lie on me. And fall asleep in that position, to boot (although she often wakes up when we try to take a photo). From the past week:

shara_what_01.png

shara_what_02.png

shara_what_03.png

shara_what_04.png

shara_what_05.png

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Adorable!

• weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    Sorry to hear about your loss @Kuribo's Shoe
    I can imagine loosing my cats, and my heart drops, so I can imagine your pain. I'll burn one and down a 40 for you and your kitty.

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Our smaller, younger, more neurotic cat, named Kitten, gets really lovey-dovey when its cold, and so I became much more fond of him over the winter as he cuddled up to, and on me all the time. Now it's warm, and he doesn't give a shit about me.

Oh well, the other cat still loves me.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I wish I could rescue all the cats

I always feel bad looking at the local adoption place's listings, there's two kitties that I would love to adopt that have been up for adoption for the past year

poor little kittens :(

At least I know that while they wait to be adopted they're in good hands, though, the pet shelter takes really good care of them

I think the next cat I adopt or rescue (however it is to be worded), will be two or three years old, I always feel bad for the older cats at the rescue shelters because it always seems like no one ever wants to adopt them, as if people only want kittens. I feel so bad for those guys who have been living in a shelter without the love of a familia.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sorry to hear about your loss @Kuribo's Shoe
    I can imagine loosing my cats, and my heart drops, so I can imagine your pain. I'll burn one and down a 40 for you and your kitty.

We had two die just recently and close together, and so the past year hasn't been a great one. But we did rescue a young cat during the winter. We were going to let the humane officer take her away - we weren't really ready for another pet after just losing the other two - but it became very difficult to let her go.

Meet Skittles! She likes sleeping under our bed covers and on our towel racks, grocery bags and string!

izFw2xqNVLFLl.JPG
    iOjt6ZB6c7PRu.JPG
    ibmhCAUJRxSbnR.JPG

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    I love that picture of her in the brown bag.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    You appear to have stolen my cat good sir!

Shoe, Sorry to hear about your loss, we had half of our kitty duo go a similar way this time last year, so I know where you're coming from :(

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Older cats are great to adopt! They are already well trained and have established personalities, so it's easy to tell what type of cat they'll be.

Aw, look at Skittles all snuggled up under the covers. :D

I love how this thread is both tragic and uplifting in equal parts.

Janson wrote: »
    Older cats are great to adopt! They are already well trained and have established personalities, so it's easy to tell what type of cat they'll be.

Aw, look at Skittles all snuggled up under the covers. :D
    I do think older cats are great

I got one of my old cats from a shelter, and the first thing she did to me when the lady let me hold her was claw into my neck, back, and bite up my face. I didn't blame her though, there were dogs in that house, because it was two ladies who picked up all kinds of strays and rescued them, then gave them away or sold them to people. Well these dogs ran up at me, since I was holding the cat, and she just went wild, but I held her firmly and let her claw into me, while trying to show her I would protect her, because I got all the dogs to stop going after the cat that I was holding, by just giving them a firm get command. I knew at that moment that she was going to be my cat, I named her Kat, I must have been like eleven. Kat wasn't a kitten either, she was three when I adopted her. She didn't live long though, she died when she was eleven, it was a sad sad day.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man if Rachel and I had lots of money I would probably foster cats

It'd be a nice thing to do

And I love kitties

Don't some of those rescue shelters get grants from the government?

Moriveth wrote: »
    Man if Rachel and I had lots of money I would probably foster cats

It'd be a nice thing to do

And I love kitties

This is a blog by someone who fosters kittens.

It's pretty neat: she gives each set a different surname and uploads pictures and videos of them.

• HammerHorrorHammerHorror Registered User regular
    I'm sorry for your loss, Shoe. I lost my big lazy tuxedo cat over a year ago the same way.

@Janson - Now that's a cozy kitty.

Oh no, no, Joooe, what have you done

She has a very patient cat who helps to socialize the kittens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aodyfc7dUm8

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    holy cow they start out small, don't they

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @Kuribo's Shoe aw jeeze, I feel for you. I've lost cats over the years too, the most recent one was put to sleep about a year ago. It's just as heart-wrenching as losing a human family member :(

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Yeah

I don't know if it would've been better or worse if he had been progressively getting sicker and sicker and id have time to prepare

Instead it like huh my cat's acting weird whoops he's totally dying.

@Kuribo's Shoe I'm so sorry, my cat had to be put down out of the blue last summer. I'm still heartbroken over it, I'd had her since I was seven years old and still get upset when I think about her. Sending you all the hugs.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I love how this thread is both tragic and uplifting in equal parts.

"Every time you buy a pet, you're purchasing a small tragedy."
    -George Carlin

xmassig2.gif
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Yeah

I don't know if it would've been better or worse if he had been progressively getting sicker and sicker and id have time to prepare

@Kuribo's Shoe I'm so sorry, my cat had to be put down out of the blue last summer. I'm still heartbroken over it, I'd had her since I was seven years old and still get upset when I think about her. Sending you all the hugs.

beloved childhood pets dying is absolutely awful

i always feel horrible saying this because i loved my grandma so much but i was more torn up when my cat died. i dunno, raising something from infancy only to watch it die while you're still robust and shit is a serious bummer

if i was a wizard i'd make it so cats always live as long as their owners :(

reposig.jpg
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Yeah

beloved childhood pets dying is absolutely awful

i always feel horrible saying this because i loved my grandma so much but i was more torn up when my cat died. i dunno, raising something from infancy only to watch it die while you're still robust and shit is a serious bummer

if i was a wizard i'd make it so cats always live as long as their owners :(

It is! A pet is such a constant in your life, when they pass away it really it is a shock to the system and takes a long time to get over!

I wish you were a wizard, Fandy. I really do.

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I know when I lose Izzy I am going to be an absolute wreck.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    0AF7O.jpg

Aww, they look cute just kicking it on the tail gate.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Oh my god. I'm dead. Those pictures killed me. Fatal D'awwwwww overdose.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    i wish there were domestic big cats so hard.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I want domestic bears

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Currently watching an episode of "The Nature of Things" about captive Tigers in the US

this is making me realize that my kitty thinks she is a tiger

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    i wish there were domestic big cats so hard.

OH MY GOD LOOK AT HIS TUFTED EARS

archer-Ocelot.2009.s03e03.720p.hdtv_.x264-compulsion.mkv_snapshot_19.42_2012.02.04_09.09.59_thumb.jpg

xmassig2.gif
    edited April 2012
    You fox-eared asshole!
    TheStig wrote: »
    I want domestic bears
    Given trends of bears and humans interacting as they look for food and we expand into their territories, this is only a matter of time. Smaller, friendlier bears we can keep as pets.

Crimsondude on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Beasteh, you owe me the cost of a quadruple bypass.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Is this where I post about how I had to put my cat to sleep out of nowhere and now I'm emotionally destroyed

Because yeah

oh noooo

I loved ethan! he was great!

little bugger always watched me cook

christ, that sucks, duder

yeah I'm a pretty big mess about it

Especially now when he's not jumping on my head from the window or bawling while I try to sleep

But I'll be okay, and when I'm done being a terrible mess I will get another rescue cat and he/she won't be as good as Ethan but I will love him/her anyway

Always be rescuing

yes rescuing is good

also I told katie about this

she sends her sympathies

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    0AF7O.jpg

golden retrievers have to be the sweetest-natured things on the planet

they want to love everybody and every thing

• Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    On the subject of adorable cat-other animal relations:

l-Cuddle-masters.jpeg

steam_sig.png
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    It's a shame my cat wants nothing to do with my dog. He wants nothing but to play with her.

Sammy_1Apr2012.jpg

She hides in the bedrooms and works on DBZ eye laser techniques to smite him.

AllisonLaserEyesApr2012.jpg

JoeUser wrote: »

She has a very patient cat who helps to socialize the kittens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aodyfc7dUm8

OMG. That video.

That video.

Hunter wrote: »
    It's a shame my cat wants nothing to do with my dog. He wants nothing but to play with her.

Sammy_1Apr2012.jpg

She hides in the bedrooms and works on DBZ eye laser techniques to smite him.

AllisonLaserEyesApr2012.jpg

I just love her eye laser technique.

This discussion has been closed.