As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The website for ordering a free OnLive console to be delivered to you

Bionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMBionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
What was that again?

Bionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM on

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    The link hasn't been sent out yet.

• kylechukylechu Registered User regular
    What was this?

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    www.onlive.com/pax for "what is this"

doesn't answer the OP though i think

jCyyTSo.png
  • Bionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMBionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM Registered User regular
    Heleor wrote:
    The link hasn't been sent out yet.
    The link was on a sign that the enforcers were holding up. I forget what it was, though.

• recycledairrecycledair Registered User regular
    I was told to go to onlive.com/pax, but then I heard you had to actually sign up at their booth and THEN they'd send you something. So I have no idea what it actually is now. I'd signed up pre-PAX in hopes of saving time, but every time I went near that booth the line was either ridiculously long or closed off.

• PDDestroPDDestro Registered User new member
    I was told to go to onlive.com/pax, but then I heard you had to actually sign up at their booth and THEN they'd send you something. So I have no idea what it actually is now. I'd signed up pre-PAX in hopes of saving time, but every time I went near that booth the line was either ridiculously long or closed off.

I can confirm a similar situation as well. We only had Sunday badges and had heard from friends that they were running out of the mini consoles, so when we lined up we were told by their booth staff on Sunday morning to just go onto http://www.onlive.com/pax and we could order the console and only be required to pay for shipping to us. We were like "OK, cool, no need to wait in line" and went about enjoying the rest of the day.

Now I see on their twitter that you had to have signed up at the booth:

"#PAX PSA - If you did not get a FREE game console, you MUST sign up at our booth kiosks! We will send you info after PAX on how to get one."

So we ended up trusting their booth staff, who was obviously misinformed early Sunday, and missed out on signing up for one! So totally bummed out...

• mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    Email / reply and tell them. If they ask their booth staff and the staff admits to telling people that, they may hook you up anyway.

MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    And remember if you are in Canada even though they send you the link for the free coupon in teh e-mail you won't be able to get one as they don't ship to canada. You also have to pay for the shipping if you are in the states. However I did install the app on my comp and it seems like a neat idea, tried out a few of the free trials for some games. We did get told at the booth that they would be doing something for those of us who can't get consoles due to where we live.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I received a promo code (expires Sept 4) emailed to me today for $99 off the MicroConsole, so they are sending that stuff out now. Total cost: $10 S/H, 2-day shipping. There's also a $20 option for overnight shipping if you are extremely excited to get one, but weren't excited enough to stand in the huge line when they actually had them at PAX.

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    I was told at the booth that signing up beforehand was enough to get me the code as well. Apparently they were misinformed. :(

• BanthaBantha Registered User regular
    The booth staff were so inconsistent in their information that it was frustrating.

1) First we were told "Sign up online, and at PAX you'll get a free MicroConsole, just tell us your ID". Implying the sign up had to be done before getting to the booth. So I did that.

2) At the booth, they were asking people to sign up, and then get a free MicroConsole. As that's a process that takes some time, there was a line. Which even people that had already signed up ahead of time were asked to get in. And since the line kept being "closed" by enforcers, that was a real pain in the ass to actually accomplish.

3) Later at the booth, they claimed that signing up via online.com/pax would get you the ability to have a MicroConsole shipped to you at the cost of only shipping. But you had to sign up a new account, the one you already signed up with ahead of time (like they originally asked) wouldn't work. But signing up via that site prompted nothing about receiving a free MicroConsole.

4) At the booth, one lady said that anyone that signed up via that site "would get one". When explained that nothing about that appeared on the site, she said "we have your address, you'll get one".

4a) Of course, nothing prevented people NOT AT PAX from using the site to receive a deal that was allegedly exclusive to PAX attendees only.

5) Now it's claimed that you had to sign up specifically at the booth, which makes the whole point of the specific URL meaningless.

TL:DR - OnLive seriously dropped the ball with this offer. They were not prepared for the response it generated, and handled that reponse terribly. Congrats to everyone who managed to actually get a MicroConsole, you have more patience for waiting in a line to get into another line and repeat steps you've already made more than I do.

• TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    I received a promo code (expires Sept 4) emailed to me today for $99 off the MicroConsole, so they are sending that stuff out now. Total cost: $10 S/H, 2-day shipping. There's also a $20 option for overnight shipping if you are extremely excited to get one, but weren't excited enough to stand in the huge line when they actually had them at PAX.

This makes me a little nervous, only because I haven't received my code yet.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
  • ReparadocsReparadocs Registered User regular
    I am pretty sure they had to confirm your email at the booth. As in, you had to sign up, and then give them your email, then they would just put it into their system confirming you were at PAX.

• Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    yeah thats what they did with myhusband who signed up on his ipod sat night and we went to the booth on sunday.

• 61Ranchero61Ranchero Registered User regular
    I do think Onlive could have been better prepared for the popularity of their offering. Then again, giving away a free console was bound to cause some issues and, unfortunately, some hard feelings here and there.

• kylechukylechu Registered User regular
    I tried emailing them, but no amount of pleading will get you a free console unless you signed up at the booth.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Hmm.. I got a code, can go shop (and sign in with the account I created at their booth). But I don't see anywhere to put in the promo code. I am NOT putting in my CC information with that $99 sitting there, and MAYBE the option for the code on the next page.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • tobo88tobo88 Registered User new member
    I finally just ordered one. I didn't sign up at the onlive booth, I emailed the support and asked them about it. They said I missed the deadline and I didn't sign up at the onlive booth. I replied with this
    "The staff at the Onlive booth at PAX told me that because I already had an Onlive account I could go onto that website and get a free Onlive Microconsole. Why would they tell me that if I would have had to have signed up there?"
    This morning I checked my email and had a promo code for a free onlive console. =]

• XRXR [E] LULK ILRegistered User regular
    Ok yesterday I asked a question to Onlive about the free console here http://support.onlive.com/app/ask

and today I got a response with a unique code for the free console (takes off the 99$ fee). You have to go through the steps to act like your buying the console then you apply the code before you confirm the purchase. The code worked and all I had to pay was shipping, which was 10$.

I recommend everyone do the above. Here is directly what I wrote:
    Subject: PAX Free Console
    Hello! I was at PAX and followed all directions to create my Onlive account then I visited the Onlive booth to receive the free Onlive console. This was Sunday. At the booth the Onlive representatives told me that if I registered online then I would be sent information to get the free console sent to me. I have not received any information yet and I was wondering what I can do to get my free console.
    Please let me know.

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    akjak wrote:
    Hmm.. I got a code, can go shop (and sign in with the account I created at their booth). But I don't see anywhere to put in the promo code. I am NOT putting in my CC information with that $99 sitting there, and MAYBE the option for the code on the next page.
    I thought the same thing, but the promo code entry box is on the pre-purchase confirmation screen (last one before your post-purchase confirmation receipt) in the lower right of the top half of the webpage. You can't miss it, it's kinda a long orange rectangle.

• PDDestroPDDestro Registered User new member
    After some back & forth with their support staff I was able to receive a code for the cost of shipping afterall. As long as you registered an account on http://www.onlive.com/PAX while PAX was actually going on and let them know that the kiosk staff directed you to the site you should receive a code from their support staff @ http://support.onlive.com as well. As frustrating and confusing as all of this has been at least they're honoring the word of their kiosk staff and giving out the codes if you contact them. Now my micro console is being shipped and I'm happy it's worked out. Thanks OnLive!

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Great, they won't ship to Alaska or Hawaii.

Now they've set off one of my biggest pet peeves... BEWARE.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera