As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SD cards, transfer rates and optimization.

Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey there guys, this probably is a very minute detail in my life but I would appreciate it if someone could help me break it down. Knowing the forums, there probably is going to be some egg head to explain things into gross detail.

Basically, I have a high speed (advertised at 30mb/s) SD card. Actually about 7 or 8 of them. I have a card reader that I have connected to the front of my computer over USB (I don't believe 3.0) and when I transfer files, the transfer speeds in the box says 18-19mb/s. Not like I can't wait an extra 2 or 3 minutes, but what are ways to speed this up? Would an integrated card reader be better? By how much? What about getting the UHS 1 cards that are 45mb/s or is the USB being the bottle neck here?

Lucky Cynic on

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    USB2 should allow for a bit more speed so getting a different card reader may bring a boost. Look at brands like Lexar and Sandisk.

Bones heal, glory is forever.