As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Mark Sanchez: Just Wins Games

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Bogey, I'll conditionally trade you my first rounder for Vick, but I want to see which player is available before I do it (i.e. the trade would have to happen during the first round).

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote:
    owners will be randomly assigned to either the DONOVAN MCNABB MEMORIAL DIVISION or the TAVARIS JACKSON MEMORIAL DIVISION

Tarvaris, Bale.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Jordyn is the true vikings fan.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    So when are we doing this Madden draft. I am not trusting retarded EA to handle draft rankings properly.

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    I think playing as a running back was a terrible idea. Or the Steelers' can't block. One of the two. I just keep running face first into defenders in the gaps. No running room at all. 109 yards through 3 games.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Jordyn wrote:
    Balefuego wrote:
    owners will be randomly assigned to either the DONOVAN MCNABB MEMORIAL DIVISION or the TAVARIS JACKSON MEMORIAL DIVISION

Tarvaris, Bale.

it's called what it's called

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I think playing as a running back was a terrible idea. Or the Steelers' can't block. One of the two. I just keep running face first into defenders in the gaps. No running room at all. 109 yards through 3 games.

I think the Steelers o-line is supposed to be bad this year... But that does sound harsh.

• Options
    the steelers o-line has been bad for awhile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    godamnit bale.

i sent you that pm as soon as i read that post and then i see you give away all the spots.

pretty sure i brought it up more then anyone.

ps. i hate you

Angry on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Angry wrote:
    godamnit bale.

i sent you that pm as soon as i read that post and then i see you give away all the spots.

ps. i hate you

So it's safe to assume you're...

8-)

...angry?

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tox wrote:
    Angry wrote:
    godamnit bale.

ps. i hate you

So it's safe to assume you're...

8-)

...angry?

:evil:

• Options
    Angry wrote:
    godamnit bale.

ps. i hate you

there may still be a spot open

patience young padawan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Keith do you even know what football is? It has nothing to do with Ke$ha.

Watch now she's gonna be the SB halftime show.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    That'd be significantly better than last years halftime show.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Bale I just sent you a PM because I tried to call a spot in this a while ago and I'm the best at auction leagues, even better than Angry.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    You can not let me in if I'm not cool enough though, I understand.

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i would be happy with some sort of arrangement where bruce springsteen and prince just alternate super bowls

• Options
    Sounds like that league will already be go for an expansion in a couple of years.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    kesha would have to be naked on the fifty yard line masturbating furiously with an oversized dildo for me to watch a fucking superbowl half time show

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Okay fuck it

Superstar mode still sucks

• Options
    Tox wrote:
    Sounds like that league will already be go for an expansion in a couple of years.

You'd have to restructure the team framework to fit 12 teams in (or every team would be starting a few scrubs). :(

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    hey jkyle.

started a franchise with the lions.

simmed 4-12.

best sucks.

• Options
    Okay fuck it

Superstar mode still sucks

yup. its stupid.

• Options
    Tox wrote:

You'd have to restructure the team framework to fit 12 teams in (or every team would be starting a few scrubs). :(

I know nothing about fantasy football (well, a little, but very little), but I imagine if you properly equalize points for WRs, RBs, and QBs, then you could conceivably have as many as 16 teams and still be competitive. Yeah, there'll definitely be some non-star names on the rosters, and especially on the bench (unless you do something weird like let everybody be drafted twice?), but it could still be competitive, I'd like to think.

Again, I'd like to remind everybody just how little I know about fantasy football. Very, very little. Thank you.

That is all.

• Options
    Angry wrote:
    hey jkyle.

started a franchise with the lions.

simmed 4-12.

best sucks.

Listen.

That Madden game is wrong.

Where the Lions are going - they don't need a running game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BPxF1mLYFM

19-0 BABY!

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Greeeeggggg Jennnnninnnggssss

Put the team on yo back

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tox wrote:
    Keith do you even know what football is? It has nothing to do with Ke$ha.

Watch now she's gonna be the SB halftime show.

big men grabbing each other and touching balls, right?

• Options
    Holy shit the spoilers for FLASHPOINT #5 make that book sound fucking horrible.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options

This is the football thread, nerd

get out of here with that comic book bullshit

• Options
    Also they only did 5 madden moments this year.

The scenarios were some of my favorite things

And now they have five, and they all are really long.

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote:
    Alright, making the league.

8 minute quarters
    All-Pro mode
    Fatigue On
    Injuries On
    Weather On
    Fantasy Draft
    Accelerated clock is 15 seconds
    Trading On User teams only

Name is SE Plus Plus
    password is wombat

Oh and the Giants are taken

I'll be joining tomorrow night. I need to do some game trade ins to reduce the price first.

• Options
    Keith wrote:

This is the football thread, nerd

get out of here with that comic book bullshit

Significant overlap between the two!

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Tox wrote:
    Tox wrote:

I know nothing about fantasy football (well, a little, but very little), but I imagine if you properly equalize points for WRs, RBs, and QBs, then you could conceivably have as many as 16 teams and still be competitive. Yeah, there'll definitely be some non-star names on the rosters, and especially on the bench (unless you do something weird like let everybody be drafted twice?), but it could still be competitive, I'd like to think.

Again, I'd like to remind everybody just how little I know about fantasy football. Very, very little. Thank you.

That is all.

Possibly yes, but there are people that wring their hands about stupid shit like QBs being OP (which is never the case). In general, RBs are OP because scoring systems gimp QBs, gimp WRs and almost all scoring systems reward sheer production over efficiency.

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    I've never done an auction draft :oops:

• Options
    neither have I

my blissful ignorance will result in greatness

• Options
    zucchini wrote:

Tip #1 - saving all of your money until the end never really works out. You just end up spending extra money on scrubs (or even worse, having money left over).

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    zucchini wrote:

Tip #1 - saving all of your money until the end never really works out. You just end up spending extra money on scrubs (or even worse, having money left over).

Tip#2 - Don't blow all your money on the #1 at each position. You will have the most schizo team of frustration.

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    I've sat through one and understand how they work pretty well, I've just never participated. It should be interesting.

• Options
    Tip #3, do not spitefully bid on someone. You might wind up getting that person.

This discussion has been closed.