As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Mark Sanchez: Just Wins Games

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    two BS reports in a row? Shocking.

Michael Lombardi breaks down how the Colts are actually terrible. I like it.

• Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    LTM wrote:
    It'll be the last flag the Eagles receive all year as they steamroll to the Lombardi Trophy.

You're not allowed to use a steamroller in football...

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, now I don't know if I want to keep Foster with that second rounder. Fuck you and fuck your hamstring injury, Arian.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Jordyn wrote:
    LTM wrote:
    It'll be the last flag the Eagles receive all year as they steamroll to the Lombardi Trophy.

You're not allowed to use a steamroller in football...

Albert Haynesworth's agent could not be reached for comment.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The Broncos have chosen their QBs.

Kyle Orton is the starter

Brady Quinn is the 2nd stringer.

And Tim Tebow is...the 2nd stringer.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    I want our online franchise to start.

Also I am going to be horrible because I cannot pass the ball at all on All Pro.

I was already a below average passer in Madden 10. Now the DB's are WAY better.

It's not really the DB's actually. It's the linebackers. Their "jumping up in the air with their back turned and swatting the deep pass down" shit is a bit overtuned in my opinion.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    You need to spread the field with 4-5 WRs more. More WRs means less LBs with basketball hops on the field.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    When I finally get the game tonight I'm going to need some practice. I've gotten used to NCAA but I have a feeling Madden's going to be a whole different deal.

• Options
    I'm trying to find the right plays.

Part of it might be because I have Mike Shanahans shitty playbook which is nothing but big sets and short passing with a few predictable deep routes.

I will need to make my own playbook probably.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Bogey wrote:
    WHOO! Draft Day!!

Also, just wanted to bring this up again:
    Bogey wrote:
    Hey Bale's League!

If anybody's interested in trading a late 1st round or early 2nd round draft pick for Michael Vick, please contact me.

Thanks!

@Bogey I'll trade you Arian Foster for Vick. Trade one gamble for another?

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote:

Part of it might be because I have Mike Shanahans shitty playbook which is nothing but big sets and short passing with a few predictable deep routes.

Can you still hire & fire coaches or did they take that out.

I remember the last version I played the shit out of (07 maybe?) Favre retired (lol) and I was able to hire him as my head coach (lolol).

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Jasconius wrote:

Just find the 1 or 2 routes that this iteration deems untouchable and plow down the field.

Button hook left, button hook left, slot slant, deep ball right, TE out, touchdown!

edit: I loved hiring retired guys to coach.

LTM on
  • Options
    Coaches are pretty unimportant now. I can change the playbook and anything about coaching tendencies at any time, and you can fire coaches over the offseason.

But really they are very very minor pieces of the team. They just give a +3 modifier to something, which is almost nothing.

They removed the "My Skill" setting. Which is stupid, because they give you almost no guidelines on how to set a custom difficulty. I went to custom with "default" sliders, and it felt like I was playing on Rookie.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    So apparently Terrelle Pryor scored a 7 on the Wonderlic test. I think a doorknob can get at least a 5 or 6.

For those unfamiliar with this test: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_Test

For reference, it's rumored that Vince Young scored a 6 and then retook the same test with the same questions and got a 16. Also direct from the wiki "while an average football player usually scores around 20 points, Wonderlic, Inc. claims a score of at least 10 points suggests a person is literate".

http://titansized.com/2011/08/31/terrelle-pryor-scores-vince-young-low/

• Options
    There are a bunch of conflicting reports saying he got a 22 on the second try.

You can take it more than once.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    He still scored Vince Young on the first try.

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Picked up Madden today. Pretty excited.

• Options
    Join our league so I can obsess over my question mark players

i love those question mark players

unless they turn out to be rated 39, fuck those guys

eventually Goose will actually tell us when he wants to do the draft

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Ok, signing up to the league now. Taking the Niners, A. they're my team and B. they play NY, CIN, and TB so at least I'll get some head to head matchups.

Oh, and for draft times. Any weekday after 6pm pst or pretty much anytime over the weekend.

Maximum on
  • Options
    That's a pretty nice coincidence that they play all of us.

I wonder who Seattle plays.

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    I started a Redskins franchise. They looked pretty inept so I felt I could turn them around. I traded away Grossman for Pryor, because Pryor might be a 65 but he's a B potential. I signed TO and Housh to boost the receiving core and signed Leonard Weaver to help the running game. I also signed Lofa Tatupu to boost the defense.

I'm scouting mostly Olineman for this draft. The Skins offensive line is terrible.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    draft in 40 minutes!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I'm gonna be gone all day tomorrow, I'm saying maybe Saturday?

• Options
    I started a Redskins franchise. They looked pretty inept so I felt I could turn them around. I traded away Grossman for Pryor, because Pryor might be a 65 but he's a B potential. I signed TO and Housh to boost the receiving core and signed Leonard Weaver to help the running game. I also signed Lofa Tatupu to boost the defense.

I'm scouting mostly Olineman for this draft. The Skins offensive line is terrible.

I too am doing a Redskins franchise and I basically just gave up on the first year. Their O-line really is awful. I basically revamped the whole thing in Year 2, but mostly with veterans... I wasn't able to draft any at all.

Actually their LT is pretty good... their RT is serviceable, but their line interior is beyond bad.

The worst thing is London Fletcher is a lock to retire in Year 2... so you'll be left with Orakpo, two great safeties, decent corners, and a bunch of scrubs on defense.

• Options
    Saturday works, earlier the better. I got a draft for Actionable Offenses at 3:45 or something.

• Options
    draft room is up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    How do you update the rosters?

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited August 2011
    mrt144 wrote:
    How do you update the rosters?

Online > Madden NFL Online > Rosters & Tuning > Download Roster.

Earlyish Saturday might work for me. Friday night works as well (How lame am I? Very.)

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    I'm available for madden draft any time after noon, any day of the week.

• Options
    I'd think you would want to wait until after final roster cuts before bothering to update

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Ugh I hate drafting on a net book. I can never see the chat.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote:
    I'd think you would want to wait until after final roster cuts before bothering to update

If you don't do the update when you get home, then you end up playing with rosters that have stuff like Donavan McNabb still on the Redskins, Reggie Bush still on the Saints, etc.

They basically shipped the game with 2010's rosters.

• Options
    Jasconius wrote:

I too am doing a Redskins franchise and I basically just gave up on the first year. Their O-line really is awful. I basically revamped the whole thing in Year 2, but mostly with veterans... I wasn't able to draft any at all.

Actually their LT is pretty good... their RT is serviceable, but their line interior is beyond bad.

The worst thing is London Fletcher is a lock to retire in Year 2... so you'll be left with Orakpo, two great safeties, decent corners, and a bunch of scrubs on defense.

Well I also signed Tatupu, so him and Macintosh will be there.

• Options
    I thought I could scout more than the original 15 players I picked. I'm in Week 6 and it's not giving me the option to scout more people.

• Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dude, loving the new game. Love running and juking a whole lot more.

• Options
    Just played my first game, lost 20-23 in double OT to AZ. If not for a kick return and int return for td's I'd have scored squadoosh. Alex Smith blows(actually I blow, but why not blame Alex, everyone else does)

• Options
    Presentation is also better this year.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    how does the custom difficulty work? i set it to that and then beat the broncos 63-7. should it adjust itself?

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    kilroydos wrote:
    Goose! wrote:
    Its because it slows the game down, I believe, to have a coach's challenge. All scoring plays are reviewed immediately now so there is no need to challenge, so they made it against the rules to challenge it. The kicker: since Reid threw the challenge flag and drew the penalty, the play (which probably would have been booth reviewed and overturned) was deemed unreviewable as well. So not only do they get a 15 yard penalty, but they don't get the review they want.

That's kinda horseshit. He should get a friendly warning from the ref on that one. It's the preseason, guy, keep your flag in your pants on non-essential stuff like that.

Yes this. It's a brand new rule and it's in preseason. If he was aware of that, he wouldn't have thrown the flag in the first place.

zucchini on
This discussion has been closed.