As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Now with more homoerotic overtones and multiplayer! [Mass Effect 3]

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Fencingsax wrote:
    I find it hilarious that you can actually choose to receive a kiss of death from Morinth.

Shepard probably believes that he or she is able to just tough it out and keep going.

Oh the hubris.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    ah, fuck it

stupid steam

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Finally planning to do Shadow Broker and Arrival on this playthrough of ME2. Do they fit into the story better if I play them pre or post suicide mission?

Also going back to ME2 after 6 months or so makes me really appreciate all the colours. Especially as the most recent game I've played is Deus Ex, which is an awesome game, don't get me wrong, but I am getting really bored of everything being orangey-grey. Too many games seem to use palettes of two or three dark colours, I guess it's supposed to make everything seem gritty and serious or something? Anyway I love the almost retro sci-fi feel of the ME games with all the bright colours and neon lights. I hope they don't change that in ME3.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Shadow Broker can be done during or after and makes sense.

Arrival is definitely a post.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I remember a lot of people saying shadow broker makes the mist sense after the suicide mission but I did it that way and felt like it would have made more sense to do it when I first got to illium

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    What's the plot of Arrival?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    A group of human researchers that were secretly working in batarian space have claimed to find a reaper artifact. Unfortunately, the batarians found out about the research project and took its leader prisoner. Shes a close friend of admiral Hackett, so he asks Shepard to go in, bust her out, and find out about the reaper artifact, all while hopefully managing to avoid starting a war with the batarians.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    It's the weakest of the ME2 mission DLC but even at its weakest it's better than most DLC. You go on the mission solo, which might sound disappointing but it's actually pretty awesome - it showcases just how much of a badass Shepard can be, and it also gives you one of the hardest fights of the game.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Weakest in yo' opinion. I love it, personally.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    it's better then the firewalker stuff, about on par with overlord really. it was good, not the best. showed some interesting ideas. and leads right into ME3

• Options
    Yeah honestly I thought arrival was fantastic. On par with shadow broker. That final segment is one of my favorite things in the game

• Options
    I'm pretty much with Speed on the DLC.

Shadowbroker has fantastic dialogue and fun fights.

Arrival has ama-za-zing combat, and some interesting story stuff going for it.

My least favorite is definitely Overlord (ignoring Firewalker, of course) mainly because of the vehicle segments. It's still good, though. Not terribly much in the way of dialogue.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    My main problem with Arrival is how it fits in if you start a new file. The first time I played it, it was released after I had beaten the game, so the mission prompt came up in the post game. It seemed to fit better that way. Next time I started a new game, it is just tossed in the middle and came off as very awkward, but that's just how it seemed to me.

Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    I just never read my messages between Horizon and the Suicide Mission

just to avoid that very thing

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Yeah I can see why they give you access to dlc missions as soon as us reasonable

But on the other hand it'd be nice if they tried to wait until the mission makes a little more sense

Personally I always thought it was kinda weird that the dlc characters' loyalty missions unlock so much earlier than the rest of the party's

• Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    Short explanation: Players get pissed about paying money for something that they then have to wait to play. It took arguing to get LotSB pushed back until after you'd've met Liara normally.

• Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    have you tried telling them

to Deal With It

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    my only regret from my ME2 save
    is that I didn't have enough renegade to let Zaeed die

Skull Man on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Do you know, I think that is the paragon option

EDIT: wait, nevermind I guess

where the hell did I get that idea

Seriously on
  • Options
    paragon/renegade is so much better than good/evil

that, on its own, sets mass effect apart from a shitload of quasi-similar games

• Options
    the fact that it's handled more on reputation than a morality scale makes it that much stronger

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    my only regret from my ME2 save
    is that I didn't have enough renegade to let Zaeed die

it is so much the best option

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I left him to die on my last run.

FELT GOOOOOOOOOD

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    takyris wrote:
    Short explanation: Players get pissed about paying money for something that they then have to wait to play. It took arguing to get LotSB pushed back until after you'd've met Liara normally.
    Oh yeah I get that, from that perspective you guys kinda ain't got a choice. Still sucks a bit though that THE REAPERS WILL BE HERE IN 48 HOURS for like months of in-game time

• Options
    takyris wrote:
    Oh yeah I get that, from that perspective you guys kinda ain't got a choice. Still sucks a bit though that THE REAPERS WILL BE HERE IN 48 HOURS for like months of in-game time

but you don't see that countdown until you actually get there and do the DLC. So you can just be like

I GOT THIS MESSAGE MONTHS AGO

BUT I GUESS IT SURE IS A GOOD THING I DECIDED TO SHOW UP RIGHT NOW.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    And to think, if you had gotten there sooner then all those problems wouldn't have happened!

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    Why would you let Zaeed die? He's the best.

sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    he's insufferable

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't even have the Zaeed DLC but he doesn't sound like the sort of character I dig

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Skull Man wrote:
    he's insufferable

He's basically veteran mercenary Shepard, though.

Everything he does in the loyalty mission is nothing Renegade Shepard himself isn't capable of, given some thirty or so years of battle scars.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I never endanger the mission

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I think the worst thing about Zaeed is how everyone says he's just like Shepard.

My Paragon Shepard is highly insulted that you would think that she would ever be the type to put her life above everyone else's.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    skull man knows what is up re: zaeed

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Ah, Zaeed is great.

Once he knows who's in charge.

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Ah, Zaeed is great.

Yes, Zaeed.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Ah, Zaeed is great.

Yes, Zaeed.

he didn't need cerberus to recover from his fatal injuries

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Ah, Zaeed is great.

Yes, Zaeed.
    sigheed.png

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    old man in his little room

talking to the walls

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    why am I already feeling the urge to play ME1 + 2 again

I only just finished my last playthrough!

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    people always talk about what a great merc zaeed is

but with how he always gets everyone else he works with killed I get the impression he's pretty shitty

0BnD8l3.gif
This discussion has been closed.