As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black [Chat]Amite

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    That doesn't make sense to me, Matt.

If I'm paying 10 bucks for A and they then give me B, C, and D... and then try to raise the price to 15 bucks, I don't think it's reasonable to go 'well you'd better give me E, F and G, too!'

The complaint about the meager streaming options existed long before the price increase. The major reason for the price increase given by Netflix was that it was to support existing agreements for content and add new ones. But the opposite is happening.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    hmm, malwarebytes keeps squawking about Penny Arcade. wonder what the deal is.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    HEY!

POSTING BAD WEBCOMICS IS MY SHTICK

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    So, the Netflix-Starz deal will not be renewed.

Does this mean I can kick all of the "Netflix has to raise prices so they can afford content" apologists in the teeth now.

I don't know, are you going to continue with an argument you can defend this time? Or is it just gonna be you spouting off shit you haven't actually bothered to check?

Oh look, they still don't have the content to justify the price increase. They're actually losing it now. Still waiting.

And the Dreamworks deal looks to be nearing finalization, bringing on that catalog. Along with the billion dollars they spent this year on content.

Just Dreamworks Animation, not Dreamworks.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Chat what is up.

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    HEY!

The ones you post leave emotional scars, though.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    HEY!

I am prettier too.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote:
    That doesn't make sense to me, Matt.

If I'm paying 10 bucks for A and they then give me B, C, and D... and then try to raise the price to 15 bucks, I don't think it's reasonable to go 'well you'd better give me E, F and G, too!'

The complaint about the meager streaming options existed long before the price increase. The major reason for the price increase given by Netflix was that it was to support existing agreements for content and add new ones. But the opposite is happening.

I mean, companies spin shit all the time. I don't really care about that. I just feel like, your service got better- even if it's not 'better enough' or whatever, or it's not the kind of stuff you like. They expanded a whole bunch while at the old price point.

I totally get that whatever they're spending the money on doesn't mean enough to you to re-up. That is cool. But saying, like, 'it's bullshit that they are charging more for X+(whatever) than they charged for X a long time ago is really odd.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    HEY!

*flips table*

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Lady Eri wrote:
    HEY!

I am prettier too.

NYAH! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!

I saw a guy on the subway today with a flat face. It was just completely flat.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Elki wrote:

Does this mean I can kick all of the "Netflix has to raise prices so they can afford content" apologists in the teeth now.

I don't know, are you going to continue with an argument you can defend this time? Or is it just gonna be you spouting off shit you haven't actually bothered to check?

Oh look, they still don't have the content to justify the price increase. They're actually losing it now. Still waiting.

And the Dreamworks deal looks to be nearing finalization, bringing on that catalog. Along with the billion dollars they spent this year on content.

To go along with the deals with Paramount, Lion's Gate, Mirimax...

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Lady Eri wrote:
    HEY!

I am prettier too.

Call Dick Tracy, sounds like one of his

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    pequin
    pequin
    pequin

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Zampanov wrote:
    Lady Eri wrote:
    HEY!

I am prettier too.

Call Dick Tracy, sounds like one of his

I had this exact thought.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    none of those studios have any rights to Ghost in the Shell, though :(

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Gynoid is my new favorite word.

• Options
    I have waited so long for this movie to come out, I think it still doesn't have a distributor:

http://www.fadingofthecriesmovie.com/

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Elki wrote:

So, a failing studio and two indie/foreign distributors.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    which of those are indie/foreign?

• Options
    edited September 2011
    The concept of a "failing studio" doesn't exist. At least not on a timetable that would matter to Netflix users.

Also its a bit of a stretch to call Miramax and Lion's Gate "indie" distributors

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    Girls girls, stop fighting over stupid.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    anyone want to help a total newb understand this LoL thing? I have vent installed, and I played the tutorial.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalis noooooooooooooooo

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    heh. Sweet signature, Thoma.

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    One thing to keep in mind is that Netflix is raising prices because content providers are raising prices.

It's still not a good move for them, but I'm hoping someone crunched some numbers some where. I dumped it down to streaming. If Hulu keeps getting content I'll drop it completely though.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    syndalis noooooooooooooooo
    hey, its free. And there is a Mac client.

So why not?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Elki wrote:

So, a failing studio and two indie/foreign distributors.

Neither Lion's Gate or Mirimax have been simply indie studio's since the mid-90's. And Paramount has had a pretty excellent year in terms of box office.

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    syndalis wrote:
    anyone want to help a total newb understand this LoL thing? I have vent installed, and I played the tutorial.

stop don't come back

• Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote:

I'm drunke enough that I'll play for the first time ever too and help feed lanes with you.

• Options
    Don't tell me there is a mac client or else I will start playing noooooooooooooo

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    synd did you wanna come tomorrow?

• Options
    Don't tell me there is a mac client or else I will start playing noooooooooooooo

Totally a mac client.

It's beta, but that means nothing. It works great. If you are interested I'll PM you the details.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote:

PLAY WITH ME

• Options
    synd did you wanna come tomorrow?
    Strongly considering, but my life is not entirely my own; I'll consult with the lady.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    The Mac client runs like shit on my unibody Macbook (2.4ghz C2D, 9400m). I have to run it in Windows.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Deebaser wrote:
    syndalis wrote:

PLAY WITH ME
    Will do. Send a message or an invite or whatever to syndalis

edit: hurr, I did use syndalis there.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    You know, sometimes, I feel like a nerd poseur. Like to the rest of the world, I look like a nerd, but to the nerds themselves, they shake their heads and mutter to themselves, "he just don't get it."

• Options
    You know, my dog is mostly well behaved- but after 12 years with the same family she still cannot stop going fucking ballistic when someone knocks. She doesn't stop barking until either

a) the person leaves
    b) the person comes in
    c) i go out

It's sooo fucking annoying. 12 years running!

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Lady Eri wrote:
    Girls girls, stop fighting over stupid.

yes there is plenty of me to go around

• Options
    synd PM me but I dont know if my computer can run it without quite literally melting.

This discussion has been closed.