As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can we [chat]?

1777879808183»

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    I've gotten mad compliments on my beard

How is Linda doing?

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hairless chests?! What breed of man is this? Madness!

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    I can't wait until i can not shave and it looks cool

It was so goddamn hot in my apartment yesterday that I shaved completely. I haven't been clean shaven since like, December? So yeah, its pretty bizarre and I think I look six.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    Podly wrote:

No. But I do think that morality is based on speculation and the belief that "rational" individuals are capable of grasping metaphysical, abstract concepts that do not arise from physical interaction. Generally atheists, or at least English speaking atheists, are firmly rooted in the Anglo-American Empiricist/Pragmatist tradition and would chortle at such nonsense.

I disagree, but entirely respect your position.

I don't believe a disbelief in a supernatural being insists on disbelief in any and all things had cannot be examined solely through rigid empiricism.

But then, perhaps I'm part of the unnamed minority your post alluded to.

You aren't some manner of minority.

I'm not entirely sure who Podly is basing his assertions about english speaking athiest moral philosophers on, but they aren't reflective of my experience in the area.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Someone make a chat to honor the NFL kickoff.

229670792_Ckny3-L-2.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.