Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Legend of Grimrock] is out now!

1141517192022

Posts

  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I didn't really have that problem. But i also didn't carry around a lot of extra stuff.

    I ditched the rocks for bolts/throwing daggers(or torches on that level), prioritized eating the heavier foods (or leaving them) and made sure that I didn't have anything on me I wasn't going to use. Wasn't too bad in that case.

    wbBv3fj.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    This game is good for making me stop being a packrat. I keep having to stop myself and saying 'there's no shop! you can drop these 5 pairs of trousers'.

    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    If you don't use an archer (or if you have an archer who prioritizes, say, bows over crossbows) then aside from 3-4 rocks for some specific puzzles, you're better off using arrows or quarrels to hold down pressure plates.

    Also, I just hit level 11. Is there really nothing else to his level except the staircase to 12 and the extra rooms accessible from other floors? My bullshit detector's going insane, but I can't really find anything.

    korodullin on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    If you don't use an archer (or if you have an archer who prioritizes, say, bows over crossbows) then aside from 3-4 rocks for some specific puzzles, you're better off using arrows or quarrels to hold down pressure plates.

    Also, I just hit level 11. Is there really nothing else to his level except the staircase to 12 and the extra rooms accessible from other floors? My bullshit detector's going insane, but I can't really find anything.

    It's possible to come up into 11 from 12.


    I did just beat the game, missed 2 secrets though... found all the treasures and Toorum's notes though, so that was good. Final time was something like 18 hours I think. I took my time... and backtracked a lot to get things I missed.

  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Beat the game, though I completely missed how to open the locked key doors on level 12. What was up with those?

    My stats:
    0vqTleJi

  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Walkabout on level 6
    are there more than 3 switches? It gave me a rock and then a skeleton, haven't been able to discover anything else about this room since

    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Walkabout on level 6
    are there more than 3 switches? It gave me a rock and then a skeleton, haven't been able to discover anything else about this room since
    You should be able to do the circuit one more time to get a bag of goodies.

  • ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    SO there isn't a shop? Thank god. I can drop all this crap.

    I almost thought that the dream sequences implied a shopkeeper below.

  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Beat the game, though I completely missed how to open the locked key doors on level 12. What was up with those?

    My stats:
    0vqTleJi

    Re: the locked doors on 12
    While you're fighting the boss you can find keys on the ground. It's possible they're dropped by the random enemies that spawn either when you kill them or he does. The locked doors just have some random minor supplies in them though.

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Poison is a really annoying status effect, as usual.

    Will it wear off on its own, or do I need to down potions?

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Sea of ThornsSea of Thorns Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kay wrote: »
    Poison is a really annoying status effect, as usual.

    Will it wear off on its own, or do I need to down potions?

    It wears off on its own. Early on poison is a serious threat, but it doesn't seem to scale that well (at least on Easy). Later on it doesn't pose much of a threat.

    Sea of Thorns on
  • DyvionDyvion Glorious Okinawa, JapanRegistered User regular
    I want to give you a hint, but I don't want it to be too blatant, so I'll spoil it. This is in reference to the no shop thing btw.
    Don't drop all of that extra clutter you're lugging around in random places. I -highly- recommend you make a pile at the exit of every level of all of the stuff you're not going to take with you further down.

    Steam: No Safety In Life -- League of Legends: Dyvion -- PSN: Dyvion -- Gamecenter on ithingers: Dyvion
    Mechwarrior Online: Dyvion -- Hearthstone: Dyvion#1716 -- Hex: FortyTwo
    "XBLIG: It's like the video game equivalent of a candy bar." -Hatedinamerica
  • Snarkman3Snarkman3 Registered User regular
    I know this is old news and everyone is quite sure about it but

    fuck spiders

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Snarkman3 wrote: »
    I know this is old news and everyone is quite sure about it but

    fuck spiders
    I honestly think that would be a BAD idea.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Snarkman3Snarkman3 Registered User regular
    The dungeons get lonely is all I'm sayin'

  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Well, if you have an insect character, that doesn't exactly hold true. But yeah, trying to gain the powers of a spider for your humans doesn't work out so well ... unless that is how the insect race came about - wait, that would mean...

    *shudders*

    steam_sig.png
  • Snarkman3Snarkman3 Registered User regular
    Well, if you have an insect character, that doesn't exactly hold true. But yeah, trying to gain the powers of a spider for your humans doesn't work out so well ... unless that is how the insect race came about - wait, that would mean...

    *shudders*

    See? Lore proves that the dungeons get quite lonely.

  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I FOUND IT, I FOUND IT! I finally found the last secret and am now part of the 0.0% of people who have every secret in the game.

    Took me nearly 5 hours to find the last secret.

  • DyvionDyvion Glorious Okinawa, JapanRegistered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »
    I FOUND IT, I FOUND IT! I finally found the last secret and am now part of the 0.0% of people who have every secret in the game.

    Took me nearly 5 hours to find the last secret.

    That is a lot of hours.

    Steam: No Safety In Life -- League of Legends: Dyvion -- PSN: Dyvion -- Gamecenter on ithingers: Dyvion
    Mechwarrior Online: Dyvion -- Hearthstone: Dyvion#1716 -- Hex: FortyTwo
    "XBLIG: It's like the video game equivalent of a candy bar." -Hatedinamerica
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A shame I'm missing 2... which means I'm missing some random secret somewhere in all the levels. But what are the hints on the final one, Khildith? What level is it on, where abouts is it?

    Edit: Actually nevermind, I just saw your post on the Grimrock forums. I'm probably missing that one too, have to go up and grab it. But that still leaves one more... so, is there anything to the gamebanshee hint that you need one of the blue eye gems from level one way near the end of the game then?

    Dranyth on
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    A shame I'm missing 2... which means I'm missing some random secret somewhere in all the levels. But what are the hints on the final one, Khildith? What level is it on, where abouts is it?

    Well, my final one might be different than your final one. I missed one back on floor 4
    inside one of the cages you have to trap the skeletons inside to open a gate theres a secret switch, press it and it opens a secret door.

    I found it by giving up and going to a walkthrough guide and comparing maps until I found a spot that didn't match up with mine. This is after wandering from floor 13 to 1 and down again, searching pretty much every wall in the game.

  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I just ran back up and got that one (and the one on level 3, the demand a sacrifice). I'm now sitting at 70/71 and I don't think either of the final treasures in the game were secrets... so I'm still missing one.

  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Yeah, I just ran back up and got that one (and the one on level 3, the demand a sacrifice). I'm now sitting at 70/71 and I don't think either of the final treasures in the game were secrets... so I'm still missing one.

    If you are really serious about finding the secret I can help. http://www.gamebanshee.com/legendofgrimrock/walkthrough/level1.php is the guide I used, basically any part of the walkthrough that uses the word "Secret" actually gets you a secret thing. You could read through floor by floor hoping to see something you don't recognize.

  • Shifty_CalhounShifty_Calhoun Registered User regular
    got down to level 5 or 6 and

    AAGH! CRABS!!!

    Stay tuned for further updates.

  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Throw rocks! Also shurikens and knives. There's a sling on level 2.

    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    So, uh, I'm getting owned on level 2. I'm bad at video games I guess.

    It would help though if I didn't have one character that basically feels useless in combat :/ On the backline and not being able to find a bow or anything pretty much sucks.

    steam_sig.png
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    The sling is real easy to miss.

    Check the floors! Actually mouse-look down when you check for the secret buttons.

  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    The spears the undead knights have can be used from the backrow by anyone. It's a good thing to have until you find a ranged weapon (or get to level 12 in assassination).

  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Yeah, I just ran back up and got that one (and the one on level 3, the demand a sacrifice). I'm now sitting at 70/71 and I don't think either of the final treasures in the game were secrets... so I'm still missing one.

    If you are really serious about finding the secret I can help. http://www.gamebanshee.com/legendofgrimrock/walkthrough/level1.php is the guide I used, basically any part of the walkthrough that uses the word "Secret" actually gets you a secret thing. You could read through floor by floor hoping to see something you don't recognize.

    That's sort of what I started doing, anyway I found the one I was missing, it was the first occurrence of the Scroll of Invisibility that you get to from the 3rd floor. I had actually seen someone get the secret and meant to go back and grab it but forgot. Anyway, 71/71.

  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »
    Possible spoiler!
    The Gamebanshee guide I've been referencing since I beat the game said to hold onto your blue gem from the first floor "Blind" puzzle. I can't see why, maybe that is the last secret I'm missing? Anyone know anything?

    This is BS, as far as I can tell. My assumption:
    For later puzzles involving gems, specifically the red one, perhaps the game lets you use any color gem. Maybe the guy kept his blue gem and thought he was really clever when he used it to open a grate or something, when you can just use the red one.

    I kept the green gem throughout the whole game and nothing happened.

    3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504
    Nintendo Network ID: unclesporky
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »
    Possible spoiler!
    The Gamebanshee guide I've been referencing since I beat the game said to hold onto your blue gem from the first floor "Blind" puzzle. I can't see why, maybe that is the last secret I'm missing? Anyone know anything?

    This is BS, as far as I can tell. My assumption:
    For later puzzles involving gems, specifically the red one, perhaps the game lets you use any color gem. Maybe the guy kept his blue gem and thought he was really clever when he used it to open a grate or something, when you can just use the red one.

    I kept the green gem throughout the whole game and nothing happened.

    That's a shame, I noticed on the last boss
    there seemed to be a spot that looked like it could fit 3 gems, that would have been awesome if it unlocked something if you plugged them all in.

  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man, the Dungeon Runner achievement is tougher than it looks... mostly because the timer starts as soon as you start to make your party. Ended up finally getting it with about 8-9 seconds to spare.

    So now I'm just missing Skill Mastery, Doin' it Old School and Hard Boiled.

    Dranyth on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »
    Khildith wrote: »
    Possible spoiler!
    The Gamebanshee guide I've been referencing since I beat the game said to hold onto your blue gem from the first floor "Blind" puzzle. I can't see why, maybe that is the last secret I'm missing? Anyone know anything?

    This is BS, as far as I can tell. My assumption:
    For later puzzles involving gems, specifically the red one, perhaps the game lets you use any color gem. Maybe the guy kept his blue gem and thought he was really clever when he used it to open a grate or something, when you can just use the red one.

    I kept the green gem throughout the whole game and nothing happened.

    That's a shame, I noticed on the last boss
    there seemed to be a spot that looked like it could fit 3 gems, that would have been awesome if it unlocked something if you plugged them all in.

    That would be rad and is possibly worth trying...though I'd guess Gamebanshee would've said so if it were possible.

    I could reload my save and try it sometime.

    3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504
    Nintendo Network ID: unclesporky
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Gamebanshee only discovers it if someone tells them. Heck, they only had maps up to level 7 by the time i beat it [the first time]

    wbBv3fj.png
  • eobeteobet Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Rami wrote: »
    There's a sling on level 2.

    Fuck.

    I thought I had been so careful to look everywhere.

    eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    The sling is really hard to spot. It looks like something that could be a part of the ground when you walk over it. I found it the first time i went through, and missed it the second time even so much as inspecting (but clearly not clicking on) the area and not seeing it.

    It may not even be able to be picked up without mouselook

    wbBv3fj.png
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Haha yeah, I have every secret in the game and I still haven't found the sling on either playthrough. Not easy to spot.

  • Raif SeveranceRaif Severance Registered User regular
    So, on my second play through I went with an ice mage instead of fire and hit a snag when it came to ...
    The ice lizards at the temple level. My mage became useless and it made these fights a lot more difficult. If I had it to do over again I would have used one of my gold keys to get the fire magic book and pumped an extra 2 points to get fireburst. My mage spent most of his time twiddling his thumbs and giving moral support.

    Also, I had no idea that the mage can equip two wands/orbs at once and they stack. I always just used my mage as a torch holder. I'm an idiot. It makes the ...
    Orb of Radiance all the more useful since you no longer need to carry torches if you can deal with the artificial light.

  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    MVP of my team is easily my minotaur rouge with max strength. Double chucking shurikens with the massive strength bonuses and carrying all the dead weight for the team is just wonderful.

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    MVP of my team is easily my minotaur rouge with max strength.
    Are they fabulous?

Sign In or Register to comment.