As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What do you do?

BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Social Entropy++
Whenever I ask this question I always answered "I'm an accountant" but the other day I realized there is a lot more to me than that. I perform magic tricks for children in the hospital, I read comic books and play videogames, I do stand-up and improv shows, and I'm pretty solid cook.

So I ask you folks of SE++, what do you do?

What makes you who you are?

cdmAF00.png
Coran Attack!
Bedigunz on

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i mostly sit down

• IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    i mostly fart

xet8c.gif
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I TWERK

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    twerk twerk twerk twerk twerk

dat ass

i cook a lot

i listen to way too much video game music

i donate blood on the reg

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I wish I was a real accountant :(

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I work full time as staff in Graduate Admissions and also am a Grad Student.

Capital Letters

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    i don't do anything

• Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I go to work.

I pet my cat.

I drink coffee.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I drink, mostly

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i eat wendys spicy chicken sandwiches

because they are great

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    I take naps

well, that's what I wish I was doing right now...

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    i don't do anything

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    I daydream of drawing something that (I wish) a lot of people would see/read and enjoy
    Sometimes I doodle them in my notes

But when I'm not doing that I'm developing web applications for people who handle a shit ton of other people's insurance money
    (I don't see, feel, or come into contact with any of that money)

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I get up, go to work and then go home and sit around wasting my time on games and other stuff.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I like bugs

• ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    two chicks

at the same time

man

thenews.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I like GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I am a student. I study history, and I'm graduating at the end of this coming year. Which I am looking forward to so I can do more stuff!

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I read a lot. lately I obsessively play words with friends (and wish I had a smart phone to feed my addiction). I am less than a year away from getting my master's degree and then I don't know what I will do.

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i worry

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    work-wise: I'm a developer

otherwise...
    Read a bunch
    Doodle stuff
    Play games. Video, computer, tabletop, card

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I go to school (cell and molecular biology major).
    I help my professor maintain cell cultures and perform routine lab procedures that assist with his cancer research.
    I am infatuated with and do research on heat-shock proteins because I find them generally fascinating.
    I am currently learning Russian for no credit just because I love learning languages.
    I go to synagogue and read/sing Torah aloud (in Hebrew) for the congregation.
    I help babysit my friend's 15-month-old granddaughter once in a while in the mornings before class because she's been in a bind.
    I moderate H/A and post goofy weird stuff here, where I've made amazing friends.
    As an adult I spent a period of time living with no money under very emotionally and sexually abusive conditions, and for the moment I require medication to keep me stable in part because of this.
    I tend to read and watch the same books, shows, and movies over and over because it makes me feel comfortable and happy, preferring to do this over reading or watching new things.
    I do my best to be there to talk to people who are down or need to vent.
    I have an intense need to feel like I've had an overall positive impact on people's lives, and I never feel sure that's the case.

That is at least part of what currently occupies my headspace at the moment.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    i pick my nose and eat it

Seriously, I wish I was a real accountant

I do accounting work (for a small business)

I am majoring in accounting at school (I really need to look into CPA requirements, because it could be years before I graduate with another BA, so ideally I'd like to work my UK BA in there somehow)

and I am going to become a TA for accounting this quarter

but without the magical qualifications, my earning potential is approximately half of what it could be

• WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    I'm a third year law student and I have a big orange cat that I pet often.

XStly.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Voodoo.

• MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote:
    i eat wendys spicy chicken sandwiches

because they are great

This.

Also, I am a student working towards two degrees. One in graphic design and another in Info. Tech. and Management.

Also, this one time I wasn't an obnoxious asshole to everyone and my heart grew sizes that day.

I'm looking into school but I can't actually afford to even do part time stuff. I might try and learn a new language or even improve the basics of a language I already have.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I continue to exist until my inevitable death

0BnD8l3.gif
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Post on the internet.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Janson are you in Washington? I'm pretty sure you either need 120 or 150 credit hours, and (I think) 2 years of public accounting experience to put CPA after your name. You can take the tests and credit hour requirements and still be a CPA, but you can't market yourself as one (though you can put it on your resume).

Regardless, your UK BA hours should count towards it.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I am tech support.
    I'm happily married.
    I really don't have too many complaints.
    I probably playfully pick on my wife more than necessary.
    I get the occasional migraine.
    I like World of Warcraft a bit too much.
    I like Mega Man quite a lot.

I'm looking into school but I can't actually afford to even do part time stuff. I might try and learn a new language or even improve the basics of a language I already have.
    Yeah, school is so expensive.

I'm currently at a good community college, and they are remarkably cheap... hence my hope that I don't have to do another BA, because that would mean having to transfer eventually and spending $$$. If I could just complete an AA at community college and combine that with my architecture BA that would be sweeeeeeet.

A few years ago, you could safely spend a lot of money on school in the knowledge that you were almost guaranteed a good job afterwards in which you could easily pay back your loans. These days...

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I run, and I'm working toward running even longer distances. Training for a 50k in March. I love to cook and really enjoy that I can provide tasty, hot, nutritious dinners for Usagi during the week. On the weekend it's more of a collaborative effort. At some point down the road I'd like to get back into cold water diving, but it's not financially feasible for now. Looking forward to going snowshoeing in the mountains with Usagi once winter rolls around.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    I wish I was a real accountant :(

I tried to be a surreal accountant but my calculator kept melting.

I have been a hermit since 2009 thanks to a breakup from my ex-wow girlfriend

yes it is exactly that pathetic

Bedigunz wrote:
    Janson are you in Washington? I'm pretty sure you either need 120 or 150 credit hours, and (I think) 2 years of public accounting experience to put CPA after your name. You can take the tests and credit hour requirements and still be a CPA, but you can't market yourself as one (though you can put it on your resume).

Regardless, your UK BA hours should count towards it.

I'm in California, but that sounds about right; from what I could find the requirements are very similar.

The only problem is that a) a standard UK BA is only 3 years; I know foreign BAs can count, I'm just not sure how much they count for, and b) BAs in the UK are more specific; i.e. every single credit I took was architecture-related.

Once i've cleared my current debts I think i'm going to look into even doing a few courses here and there for just random stuff that'll be helpful like being able to use excel really well and stuff like that.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I have been a hermit since 2009 thanks to a breakup from my ex-wow girlfriend

yes it is exactly that pathetic

Stop being a hermit and start LARPing in public to meet new, interesting people.

belruelotterav-1.jpg