As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When You're a [chat]

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    enhanced-buzz-22041-1300734319-31.jpg

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I think I may be officially done reading ASoIaF. Book 3 spoilers:

For reals, spoilers:
    I got to the part where Robb and Catelyn get murdered. I just don't think I can care about this story anymore. It's long and boring and meandering and we follow characters that flail around uselessly and then die pathetic deaths. Following these characters is unsatisfying, in my opinion.

Got p upset at that part.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

For reals, spoilers:
    I got to the part where Robb and Catelyn get murdered. I just don't think I can care about this story anymore. It's long and boring and meandering and we follow characters that flail around uselessly and then die pathetic deaths. Following these characters is unsatisfying, in my opinion.

You may want to stop reading, it only gets worse.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    that is an awesome brony photoshop, cass

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Jokerman wrote:
    So It Goes wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

For reals, spoilers:

Nah I'm most of the way through A Dance with Dragons

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Minor Iron Man spoilers / question
    In Iron Man, when Tony is developing the final gold-and-red armor, he's drinking something odd. Is this meant to be the same stuff he drinks throughout Iron Man 2 due to the poisoning?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    We ought to isketch or something.

• Options
    *image*
    The term "hide" when opening a spoiler tag has never been more appropriate

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Jokerman wrote:
    So It Goes wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

For reals, spoilers:

I too was greatly upset by the events of the red wedding, but it doesn't kill the series. Most of my friends never really gave a shit about robb (even though he was my favorite), and I didn't care that much about catelyn. I still think that the series is well worth reading.
    You still have a host of other characters that are well worth reading about in book 4 and 5. It does suck, but it'll make any Frey deaths, no matter how awful so wonderfully satisfying.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote:
    So It Goes wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

For reals, spoilers:

I too was greatly upset by the events of the red wedding, but it doesn't kill the series. Most of my friends never really gave a shit about robb (even though he was my favorite), and I didn't care that much about catelyn. I still think that the series is well worth reading.
    You still have a host of other characters that are well worth reading about in book 4 and 5. It does suck, but it'll make any Frey deaths, no matter how awful so wonderfully satisfying.

10 bucks says he flios that around before the end.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Arivia, I'm fine with that setting. We could be an international team and the Americans could be self-exiles in protest or we could pick them up there as former teammates.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    this documentary keeps talking about feeding and all I can think about is Cass/SiG/Organichu!!

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    books 4 and 5 are the worst and i basically lost interest in the series after dance

• Options
    So It Goes wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:
    So It Goes wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

For reals, spoilers:

Nah I'm most of the way through A Dance with Dragons

Not you, quissy.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote:
    this documentary keeps talking about feeding and all I can think about is Cass/SiG/Organichu!!

i went 1/4 as caitlyn today :(

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Call me a heathen, but Static Age has fantastic remasters of Misfits songs on it

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote:

i went 1/4 as caitlyn today :(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kvpKlRF8l0&feature=player_embedded
    you have to play sheriff caitlyn and play this too in order to do well

• Options
    books 4 and 5 are the worst and i basically lost interest in the series after dance

I liked 4 a lot.

5, I'm not sure about. But I think it's because one of the prominent characters in that book i'm just done reading about. Never much cared, and now care even less.

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I'm going to keep reading Ice and Fire but my reading isn't quite as voracious as it was in books 1-3.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Joker:
    It's less that I am upset. Being upset would be preferable to what I am right now. I'm most just apathetic at this point.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Joker:
    It's less that I am upset. Being upset would be preferable to what I am right now. I'm most just apathetic at this point.

Ah gotcha.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I guess it helps that I don't tend to have "favorite characters" or whatever when I read books

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Arivia, I'm fine with that setting. We could be an international team and the Americans could be self-exiles in protest or we could pick them up there as former teammates.
    Do we want to start with everyone picking up clues and arranging a meetup to figure out what's going on, or assume that's already happened and the team is set on finding a solution?

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The following spoiler contains an image which elicits humor at the expense of the 9/11 tragedy. This picture may be viewed as highly offensive by some. If you are one of those people who might be offended by a distasteful joke regarding 9/11, please do not click it. Thank you.
    Vdsun.jpg

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    i hate all these toolbags back at school ruining my crotchety weekend nights in with their loud drunk stupidity

I was just walking back from my friend's place after dropping something off and some drunk guy with his friends in from of a house yelled at me, "Hey girl where are you walking by yourself"

Me: "I'm on my way to a place you're not going"

so him and all his friends just start yelling BITCH and CUNT at me as I'm still walking away

dipshits

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Maybe I missed something.

Why does the netflix description for Captain America: The First Avenger say that "Steve battles the Red Skull, a super soldier created by Italian fascists"?

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote:
    i hate all these toolbags back at school ruining my crotchety weekend nights in with their loud drunk stupidity

I was just walking back from my friend's place after dropping something off and some drunk guy with his friends in from of a house yelled at me, "Hey girl where are you walking by yourself"

so him and all his friends just start yelling BITCH and CUNT at me as I'm still walking away

dipshits

brb trying to hate multiple people to death.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Tamin wrote:

Why does the netflix description for Captain America: The First Avenger say that "Steve battles the Red Skull, a super soldier created by Italian fascists"?

Are you sure you're reading the right entry? It sounds like somebody has it confused with the low-budget straight to video Captain America movie from the 80s, where the Red Skull was inexplicably Italian.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Hakkekage wrote:

dipshits

brb trying to hate multiple people to death.

excellent

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Tamin wrote:

Are you sure you're reading the right entry? It sounds like somebody has it confused with the low-budget straight to video Captain America movie from the 80s, where the Red Skull was inexplicably Italian.

Yeah. It looks like the right one, anyway.

Right cast, right cover.

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote:

dipshits

in light of this the partying undergrads on my street aren't all that bad.

• Options
    Tamin wrote:

He turned red when he fell in a vat of spaghetti sauce, you see.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder what the atmosphere is going to be like tomorrow. Drunken partying? Somber remembrance? No clue.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    hey giiiiirl

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Tamin wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlaj7TucOHI

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    hey giiiiirl

*redirects hate ray*

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Do we want to start with everyone picking up clues and arranging a meetup to figure out what's going on, or assume that's already happened and the team is set on finding a solution?

@Thomamelas: The thing is that I want you folks under the thumb of this government agency and law for narrative tension. So either you're coming to and getting stuck in the US/other country people like (let's just make it the US) or the law's going international and being propped up by the UN (which also works.) It depends upon how big a scope people want.

@Captain Carrot: I'm going to give everyone one clue and just start you off at an old hangout. Nothing too complicated, more of a "go team" sort of thing.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    hey giiiiirl

hey girl

hey girl

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    watchu dooin'

This discussion has been closed.