As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Knights of the Dinner [Chat]

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    desc wrote:
    Someone made a steampunk version of Breakout for iPhone.

there are no words for my contempt.
    oo I need to get a breakout clone on my iPhone

also you should respond to all the stuff we atted you on during the weekend

I saw and read! just hadn't really sat down to type at folks

but here I am now

actually, let me get beer and a chocolate bar and then here I'll be

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Than have you ever played lol?

No he has no mirth in his heart.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    That sword looks ludicrously impractical, with awful balance. Also, her forearms look too small to wield it properly.

The sword like transforms into a bigger sword I'm pretty sure.
    The bigger sword isn't really any better in either regard. I don't understand why people have to make up these terrible bladed weapons. It's not as if history doesn't have plenty of awesome examples.

sounds like you'd be doing some really innovative and exciting art design for these games, carrot

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    That sword looks ludicrously impractical, with awful balance. Also, her forearms look too small to wield it properly.

The bigger sword isn't really any better in either regard. I don't understand why people have to make up these terrible bladed weapons. It's not as if history doesn't have plenty of awesome examples.
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Carrot, it's a vidja game.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:

sounds like you'd be doing some really innovative and exciting art design for these games, carrot

Age of Empires: DOTA Edition.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    yessssss i fixed my problem

now I just need batteries for the 360 controller

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:

Yeah but he has tons of rage.

You'd think LoL would be a natural fit.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    if I go @captain carrot can I call it a mancatcher? is that better than generic sword #5?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    @shivahn: I like the Pinkie Pie one of those neon wallpapers, just cause of it going wild at the end of the light trails. Very Pinkamena.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    I don't understand why people would give a shit about a promo shot of a character that's in a game with overhead RTS graphics.
    The splash art is what you see on loading, character select, purchase etc etc.

I reiterate:

I don't understand why anyone would give a shit about a shot that you're going to see for roughly .05% of the time you play the game, assuming you play her a lot.

I mean, you do see the champion portrait fairly often. Most notably the face, which you will see constantly on your minimap.

It is enough that I'm often pissed by how stupid Cho'gath's eyes are.

• Options
    Winky wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    I don't understand why people would give a shit about a promo shot of a character that's in a game with overhead RTS graphics.

I reiterate:

I don't understand why anyone would give a shit about a shot that you're going to see for roughly .05% of the time you play the game, assuming you play her a lot.

I mean, you do see the champion portrait fairly often. Most notably the face, which you will see constantly on your minimap.

It is enough that I'm often pissed by how stupid Cho'gath's eyes are.

Cho'Goth is already stylistically one of the most ripped off champions anyway. Might as well have terrible art to go with it.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I mean, this is a lot better. Pretty sure it's fictional, but it still seems practical, and I think it looks pretty cool.
    mithrodin.jpg

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I've beaten Bastion and I dove right back into it. That Canister thing is the best New Game + Bonus I can think of. I'm gonna take that Secret Skill all the time. What can be sweeter than Aperture Science turrets?

• Options
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

I reiterate:

Riot is kind of known for terribad splash art on some champs. It's a thing because of how unsteady their art team's output is, and the fact the chinese art is so much better. For a professional company that can hire real artists, their splash art should not be looking like it was pulled from some random deviant art page.

I'm telling you, there's got to be some artist who has been on the team since the beginning who's a real amateur, and now they have the money to hire someone better but they just haven't.

Perhaps sort of a loyalty thing.

But really that artist should be improving and he's totally not.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    So they datamined text strings out of the Diablo 3 beta.

One multiplayer mode is called
    PvP DotA

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I don't understand why anyone would give give a shit about what Thanatos thinks about video games

he likes MNC

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:

i-4d947Qz-L.jpg

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    yessssss i fixed my problem

now I just need batteries for the 360 controller

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Quick-Charger-Kit/dp/B0041CWZEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315870602&sr=8-1

This thing. So worth it.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Echo wrote:

PvP DotA

I'm uncertain whether to be more interested in this or in the
    MLP secret level.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Are you guys honestly whining about the size of a fictional character's forearms being too small to wield a magical shattered runesword?

Here's your answer: ITS A MAGIC SWORD.

A wizard literally did it.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Arivia wrote:
    @shivahn: I like the Pinkie Pie one of those neon wallpapers, just cause of it going wild at the end of the light trails. Very Pinkamena.

I like all of them. I tried to get them to cycle but couldn't figure out and didn't feel it worth the effort.

I like the Dash one partially because I really really like the way her face looks there, and partially because her rainbow hair is pretty neat. I made a similar one in GIMP but the path tool isn't as good so it came out slightly less cool in some ways. But it's mine and I made it, so I'm pleased.

(I also like it because Dash is one of my favorites, along with Ms. Diane Pie.)

• Options
    I just love Tycho's face on Leona in that strip.

• Options
    Preacher wrote:

Than would rage when someone selected Swain.

Because he's old.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I mean, this is a lot better. Pretty sure it's fictional, but it still seems practical, and I think it looks pretty cool.
    mithrodin.jpg

What is that, the elf swords from LOTR? There is pretty much no good, logical, effective way to fight with such a blade, especially two handed as they intend. Further, since the game is a zoomed out RTS game, you aren't going to see any of the neat craftwork on the blade, especially when you consider half of it is a hilt which means from many views it will be obscured by the characters hands/arms/body.

• Options
    Chalk me up as someone who will go style over substance in fantasy art absolutely any day of the week.

• Options
    Echo wrote:

PvP DotA

Link to the datamined strings?

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Yes.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Echo wrote:

PvP DotA

Link to the datamined strings?

Someone posted it in the Diablo thread. Or maybe at the end of the last one.

• Options
    the best part about LoL is trolling

• Options
    Shivahn wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

I like all of them. I tried to get them to cycle but couldn't figure out and didn't feel it worth the effort.

I like the Dash one partially because I really really like the way her face looks there, and partially because her rainbow hair is pretty neat. I made a similar one in GIMP but the path tool isn't as good so it came out slightly less cool in some ways. But it's mine and I made it, so I'm pleased.

(I also like it because Dash is one of my favorites, along with Ms. Diane Pie.)

Handmade is always 20% cooler. And it stays within our budget! *hugs*

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Winky wrote:
    Chalk me up as someone who will go style over substance in fantasy art absolutely any day of the week.

Yup, when I'm showing someone my bear tibbers I don't give a shit if stuff makes sense.

It just needs to be fun and cool.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote:
    I don't understand why anyone would give give a shit about what Thanatos thinks about video games

he likes MNC

Hey now! MNC was decent fun at first before the developers moved at a glacial pace to fix what was wrong with it. Hopefully their second swing (Super MNC) will come out better.

• Options
    Found the strings:
    GameType1 Cooperative
    GameType2 PvP - Diablo III
    GameType3 PvP - DotA
    GameType4 PvP - Arena
    GameType5 PvP - Team Deathmatch
    GameType6 PvP - Free For All

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Arivia wrote:

I'm going to try and turn it into a window decal for my car :P

• Options
    tyrannus wrote:

they need to put a fishing troll in as a champion so you can troll while you troll while you troll
    and yes, name it Exhibit

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Arivia wrote:
    tyrannus wrote:

they need to put a fishing troll in as a champion so you can troll while you troll while you troll
    and yes, name it Exhibit

Make it a skin for Trundle.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

I'm going to try and turn it into a window decal for my car :P

Eeeeven better.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    um Flyfishing blitzkrank obviously

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I feel like I would have enjoyed MNC on the PC a thousand times more than MNC on the XBox.

Another developer with bad things to say about Microsoft I guess, its a shame that XBL is doing so well because nobody else seems to really have any competition. If there's competition to XBL, its probably Steam.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    IF tomorrow the new LoL game mode is released, the servers will be too busy to log onto for the rest of the week.

This discussion has been closed.