Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Who Is The Deadest Warrior?

2456789

Posts

  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular


    godzilla could have won this but he didnt play dirty

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Who would win, a lich or superman?


    Ont he one hand, superman has damn near limitless power, but a lich is pretty much unkillable and possesses arcane knowledge centuries old.

    Can a Lich move faster or react to something moving faster than the speed of light, or can it survive after being thrown into the sun or a black hole?

    yeah, can freeze time and if he got thrown into the sun would reform in 3 days unless superman found and destroyed his phylactery.

    Would his phylactery be located on Earth?

    Could he escape from the Negative Zone?

    Which Superman are we talking about?

    'cause Superman Prime's power is pretty much incalculable

    Yes.

    Maybe? phantom zone yes.

    Normal superman, pre reboot.

  • ZonugalZonugal Freelance Bio-Exorcist Adam Maitland's Model TownRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Who would win, a lich or superman?


    Ont he one hand, superman has damn near limitless power, but a lich is pretty much unkillable and possesses arcane knowledge centuries old.

    Isn't Superman vulnerable/weak to magic?

    Beetlejuice_sig.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Who would win, a lich or superman?


    Ont he one hand, superman has damn near limitless power, but a lich is pretty much unkillable and possesses arcane knowledge centuries old.

    Isn't Superman vulnerable/weak to magic?

    he doesn't have any protection to it, more like.

  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    Superman isn't weak to magic, he is simply not invulnerable. A bolt of magic would hurt him just as much as another dude.

    Superman could take a Lich, X-Ray Vision and Super-Hearing with Super-Speed leads to a really easy search for the phylactry

  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Certified BrimperRegistered User regular
    supes is super vulnerable to magic if I recall my hurgle burgles

    sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote:
    supes is super vulnerable to magic if I recall my hurgle burgles
    Nope

    just normal vulnerable

  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Certified BrimperRegistered User regular
    oh

    blank is here

    jetpack.jpg

    peace out

    sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
  • ZonugalZonugal Freelance Bio-Exorcist Adam Maitland's Model TownRegistered User regular
    Deadliest Warrior is pretty bad because it always boils down to Deadliest Arsenal.

    Beetlejuice_sig.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal Freelance Bio-Exorcist Adam Maitland's Model TownRegistered User regular
    Also it is a bit unfair to highlight the lich's immortality and manifestation as an ability, because Superman has that too...

    Beetlejuice_sig.jpg
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Who would win, a lich or superman?


    Ont he one hand, superman has damn near limitless power, but a lich is pretty much unkillable and possesses arcane knowledge centuries old.

    Can a Lich move faster or react to something moving faster than the speed of light, or can it survive after being thrown into the sun or a black hole?

    yeah, can freeze time and if he got thrown into the sun would reform in 3 days unless superman found and destroyed his phylactery.

    Would his phylactery be located on Earth?

    Could he escape from the Negative Zone?

    Which Superman are we talking about?

    'cause Superman Prime's power is pretty much incalculable

    Yes.

    Maybe? phantom zone yes.

    Normal superman, pre reboot.

    Which reboot?

    Are we talking Golden Age Kal-L or Kal-El?

    If we are talking the current reboot then wouldn't Superman Prime count because it was in the continuity? At least I believe it is.

    I'm just going to go ahead and say that Silver Age Superman would wrap up a battle against a Lich pretty quickly. Magic be damned.

    bO0v7.png
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    I dunno man
    I don't see how the IRA vs. Taliban fight is in anymore bad taste then a lot of things I see here
    Certainly less bad taste then jokes about the victims of these people
    I guess it's just the fact that it's on television

    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Also it is a bit unfair to highlight the lich's immortality and manifestation as an ability, because Superman has that too...

    Superman is the most boringest warrior.

    "Oh hey, superman has a weakness or somethign that can defeat him? OH LOOK AT THAT TURNS OUT HE ACTUALLY HAS ANOTHER ABILITY THAT STOPS THAT".

  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Man the Lich, hands fucking down. Why?

    TIMESTOP.

    EMPOWERED CLOUDKILL.

    EXTENDED FORCECAGE.

    Suddenly Supes is stuck in an impenetrable cage of magical force while inhaling magically toxic and corrosive vapors.

    Depending on how lucky the Lich is on the Timestop Supes might also be stuck inside a cloud of burning air (Incendiary Cloud).

    UA1OmVB.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Who would win, a lich or superman?


    Ont he one hand, superman has damn near limitless power, but a lich is pretty much unkillable and possesses arcane knowledge centuries old.

    Can a Lich move faster or react to something moving faster than the speed of light, or can it survive after being thrown into the sun or a black hole?

    yeah, can freeze time and if he got thrown into the sun would reform in 3 days unless superman found and destroyed his phylactery.

    Would his phylactery be located on Earth?

    Could he escape from the Negative Zone?

    Which Superman are we talking about?

    'cause Superman Prime's power is pretty much incalculable

    Yes.

    Maybe? phantom zone yes.

    Normal superman, pre reboot.

    Which reboot?

    Are we talking Golden Age Kal-L or Kal-El?

    If we are talking the current reboot then wouldn't Superman Prime count because it was in the continuity? At least I believe it is.

    I'm just going to go ahead and say that Silver Age Superman would wrap up a battle against a Lich pretty quickly. Magic be damned.

    The reboot that started this month. basically if you read superman in the 80s,90s, or 00, that superman. regular ass superman.
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Superman isn't weak to magic, he is simply not invulnerable. A bolt of magic would hurt him just as much as another dude.

    Superman could take a Lich, X-Ray Vision and Super-Hearing with Super-Speed leads to a really easy search for the phylactry

    lead box, hidden deep with in a cave nowhere near the fight. lets see him hear a box filled with paper.

  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    merehappenstance get out of here before I go off

  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote:

    Eh, I thought this was a more memorable fight.


    do they know how the viet cong fought in small units? especailyl when it involved a jungle type area that they knew? man what

  • ZonugalZonugal Freelance Bio-Exorcist Adam Maitland's Model TownRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    merehappenstance get out of here before I go off

    Nerd Fight! NERD FIGHT!!!

    Beetlejuice_sig.jpg
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Who would win, a lich or superman?


    Ont he one hand, superman has damn near limitless power, but a lich is pretty much unkillable and possesses arcane knowledge centuries old.

    Can a Lich move faster or react to something moving faster than the speed of light, or can it survive after being thrown into the sun or a black hole?

    yeah, can freeze time and if he got thrown into the sun would reform in 3 days unless superman found and destroyed his phylactery.

    Would his phylactery be located on Earth?

    Could he escape from the Negative Zone?

    Which Superman are we talking about?

    'cause Superman Prime's power is pretty much incalculable

    Yes.

    Maybe? phantom zone yes.

    Normal superman, pre reboot.

    Which reboot?

    Are we talking Golden Age Kal-L or Kal-El?

    If we are talking the current reboot then wouldn't Superman Prime count because it was in the continuity? At least I believe it is.

    I'm just going to go ahead and say that Silver Age Superman would wrap up a battle against a Lich pretty quickly. Magic be damned.

    The reboot that started this month. basically if you read superman in the 80s,90s, or 00, that superman. regular ass superman.
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Superman isn't weak to magic, he is simply not invulnerable. A bolt of magic would hurt him just as much as another dude.

    Superman could take a Lich, X-Ray Vision and Super-Hearing with Super-Speed leads to a really easy search for the phylactry

    lead box, hidden deep with in a cave nowhere near the fight. lets see him hear a box filled with paper.

    I feel like you're trying to stack the deck against Superman.

    But as we all know he will find a way.

    bO0v7.png
  • simulacrumsimulacrum Registered User regular
    I'm surprised this show is still around.

  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Also it is a bit unfair to highlight the lich's immortality and manifestation as an ability, because Superman has that too...

    Superman is the most boringest warrior.

    "Oh hey, superman has a weakness or somethign that can defeat him? OH LOOK AT THAT TURNS OUT HE ACTUALLY HAS ANOTHER ABILITY THAT STOPS THAT".

    I take it you haven't read any Superman comics past the early to mid 80's?

    bO0v7.png
  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    merehappenstance get out of here before I go off

    Nerd Fight! NERD FIGHT!!!

    My bet's on Anti as she appears to be some sort of swordswinging roboticised badass at present

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Superman only wins because the writer wants him to.

    Have you seen what a lich can do?

    In a fight to the first death, probably superman. but then the lich starts killing everyone superman loves, because why not? that's what i would do if i was an immortal skeleton monster.

  • ZonugalZonugal Freelance Bio-Exorcist Adam Maitland's Model TownRegistered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    I feel like you're trying to stack the deck against Superman.

    No he isn't, he's treating the Lich like it would actually be treated.

    Which is an extremely intelligence, immortal wizard.

    Beetlejuice_sig.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal Freelance Bio-Exorcist Adam Maitland's Model TownRegistered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    merehappenstance get out of here before I go off

    Nerd Fight! NERD FIGHT!!!

    My bet's on Anti as she appears to be some sort of swordswinging roboticised badass at present

    Having met and wrestled MereHappenstance, he could take on a 'swordswinging roboticised badass.'

    But only if he consumed his magical potion* before hand.





    *His magical potion is a fifth of Vikingfjord Vodka.

    Beetlejuice_sig.jpg
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote:
    really though sup de?ad

    Not much.

    Sup with you Tdots?

    about the same

    Awesome.

    qsfwtzhym4ax.png
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Unbelievable! Could you imagine the step? He's genius!Registered User regular
    STOP SAVING DRAFTS OF POSTS WHICH I HAVE ALREADY POSTED, FORUMS

    i8oqDXr.png
    That's my blog, click the sig to go there!
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    I feel like you're trying to stack the deck against Superman.

    No he isn't, he's treating the Lich like it would actually be treated.

    Which is an extremely intelligence, immortal wizard.

    So, the Lich has every ability and whatever knowledge one can possess, but Superman is limited to the weakest version of the character?

    I mean it's not exactly fair to pit many things against Superman of Earth One, and it's not a competition if Superman Prime is the opponent, but is it fair to handicap one against the other?

    bO0v7.png
  • YukiraYukira My watch is stopped on Jump Time.Registered User regular
    I wonder how long until they do a WoW episode now.

    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Masha Amariyo
    3DS Friend Code: 4854-6566-1045 | Nintendo Network ID: ModelZ
    Haus. | Office.
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Guys, who would win between one fictional character and another fictional character?

    The answer is either one because they are fictional and you can write them any way you want

    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • simulacrumsimulacrum Registered User regular
    STOP SAVING DRAFTS OF POSTS WHICH I HAVE ALREADY POSTED, FORUMS

    So I'm not the only one this happens to.

    Stupid forums.

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    let's take this up a notch.

    Superman: Alien being, with the ability to lift 50+ tons unassisted, super sonic flight, x-ray vision that doubles as eye lasers, Super breath that can free shit, super sonic movement. Impenetrable skin, and general greater invulnerability.

    Weaknesses: Kryptonite, note super human defence against magic, and i think psionics.

    Lich: Immortal wizard, of hundreds of years of magic studying. Knows magic like you know (your field of study), if you had been studying it for centuries longer then you have been.

    Weakness: no resistance to bludgeoning weapons. if killed and phylactery destroyed, no longer revives.

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    I feel like you're trying to stack the deck against Superman.

    No he isn't, he's treating the Lich like it would actually be treated.

    Which is an extremely intelligence, immortal wizard.

    So, the Lich has every ability and whatever knowledge one can possess, but Superman is limited to the weakest version of the character?

    I mean it's not exactly fair to pit many things against Superman of Earth One, and it's not a competition if Superman Prime is the opponent, but is it fair to handicap one against the other?

    Earth one superman can still beat up the hulk, i think it's fair.

  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote:
    I wonder how long until they do a WoW episode now.

    I'd probably watch it to see what sort of experts they'd bring in for that. Probably a pair of the game's writers and a player each from one of the top Alliance and Horde guilds.

  • TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    I am interested to see Gurkha vs. French Legion
    or at least I was until I saw that these people did Genghis vs. Hannibal
    I'll still watch it because testosterone or something but jesus

  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    If a group of D&D characters can defeat a Lich I don't think it's even worth considering who would win between one and Superman.

    The answer will always be Superman.

    bO0v7.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i have never watched it, but i never hear one good thing come from it.

    New Battle, Lich vs the hulk.

    I think the hulk has this one. because he would just get angrier and the lich would stop after the tenth time of being ripped in half.

  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    I feel like you're trying to stack the deck against Superman.

    No he isn't, he's treating the Lich like it would actually be treated.

    Which is an extremely intelligence, immortal wizard.

    So, the Lich has every ability and whatever knowledge one can possess, but Superman is limited to the weakest version of the character?

    I mean it's not exactly fair to pit many things against Superman of Earth One, and it's not a competition if Superman Prime is the opponent, but is it fair to handicap one against the other?

    Earth one superman can still beat up the hulk, i think it's fair.

    I think you've fallen for a trap I didn't lay, because Earth One Superman is the Silver Age Superman.

    Game

    Set

    Match

    bO0v7.png
  • ZonugalZonugal Freelance Bio-Exorcist Adam Maitland's Model TownRegistered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    I feel like you're trying to stack the deck against Superman.

    No he isn't, he's treating the Lich like it would actually be treated.

    Which is an extremely intelligence, immortal wizard.

    So, the Lich has every ability and whatever knowledge one can possess, but Superman is limited to the weakest version of the character?

    I mean it's not exactly fair to pit many things against Superman of Earth One, and it's not a competition if Superman Prime is the opponent, but is it fair to handicap one against the other?

    The Lich doesn't have every ability and whatever knowledge one can possess.

    But if we are too assume this a standard DnD Lich than they are at least a twelve level arcane caster, which brings a lot of power. If we are to bump that up to a 20th-level Wizard than things get even worse.

    With things like Astral Projection the Lich doesn't even have to physically interact with Superman to cast spells towards him (and Superman has no defense against something like this).

    It isn't stacking the competition against Superman, it is just realizing how stupidly powerful a 20th-level immortal, undead wizard is in such a confrontation.

    Beetlejuice_sig.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.