As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who Is The Deadest Warrior?

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    But Harry's asshole is magic

Sups wouldn't even be able to get it up

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Superman can't do shit about magic

which finally answers the question of who would win in a fight between Superman and Harry Potter

Superman has faced magical foes for years.

Really, that's hardly even a thing if Superman has access to all of his abilities.

It's really no contest.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    but he's a wizard

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    have we come to the conclusion that this show is terrible trash tv yet

we have?

good good

Maybe, but it's gotten enough viewers to get this.

1284670033599.jpg
    Spike.com wrote:
    It’s official, dudes. Spike’s Deadliest Warrior is getting its very own Hollywood feature film.

Paramount Pictures announced today that they’ve made a deal for Shawn Levy's 21 Laps Entertainment to do a feature film adaptation of Spike TV's hit series Deadliest Warrior. “Spike has some of the most innovative and forward-thinking content on television today, Deadliest Warrior being no exception. The property has proven its ability to engage audiences across multiple platforms,” said Paramount Film Group President Adam Goodman. “We hope this is the first of much future collaboration with Spike.”

As you all know, Deadliest Warrior takes history's greatest warriors and puts them face to face to determine who reigns supreme. Shawn Levy, director of Night at the Museum, and 21 Laps President Dan Levine will produce the film. The film's storyline is being kept under wraps at this moment.

This is so epic.

Mind you, this was announced last year, but it's still a little mindboggling. I mean, how do you do a movie based on this type of show?

• Options
    but he's a wizard

Superman is a godlike alien.

Harry Potter isn't even the chosen one.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    the very concept of that movie should be a war crime

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    If a group of D&D characters can defeat a Lich I don't think it's even worth considering who would win between one and Superman.

The answer will always be Superman.

An arcane caster properly optimized becomes close to absolutely invulnerable. The term 'God Wizard' was coined for a reason...

Superman throws the wizard into the sun. Problem solved.

Greater Teleport: NOT HERE.

suddenly Supes has to find the Lich again.

Besides, the Lich would simply reconstitute himself after a few weeks anyway.

Do you not think Superman couldn't find his phylactery in a few weeks with his powers and his friends?

Hell, one call to the Legion and it's done.

So Superman gets to call in his friends/allies?

Well then the Lich begins a Wright-apocalypse scenario.

I think it's fair if the Lich was destroyed by Superman. He's got weeks of not having to worry about the Lich. Which is really more than enough time for Superman to find the phylactery on his own.

Let us truly look at the phylactery...
    d20srd.com wrote:
    The most common form of phylactery is a sealed metal box containing strips of parchment on which magical phrases have been transcribed. The box is Tiny and has 40 hit points, hardness 20, and a break DC of 40.

Other forms of phylacteries can exist, such as rings, amulets, or similar items.

So we can have this Lich's phylactery be a ring. So your argument would be that Superman, given a couple weeks, could locate a ring on Earth? I mean this is superseding the fact that any properly played Lich would have their phylactery on another plane, but that sure is pretty difficult.

I propose that the Lich is smart and hides his phylactery on another plane, perhaps the plane of shadows or the negative energy plane.

Your move...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    They say Superman gets his power from the sun, but let's say he's typically shown as 30, and spends an average of 5 hours per day outside with 7 square feet of skin exposed to sunlight, even with 100% efficiency he would not have collected enough solar power to stop even a medium size comet from hitting the earth.

Math behind spoiler:
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuu!

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote:
    I mean, how do you do a movie based on this type of show?

"Twelve of the deadliest warriors to have ever lived suddenly find themselves on a mystical island having to fight for their very lives."

1266555397-mortalkombatshangtsung.jpg

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Read the thread title as "Who is the deadliest Woman."

Power Girl vs Ivy Valentine.

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote:
    Read the thread title as "Who is the deadliest Woman."

Power Girl vs Ivy Valentine.

Ivy Valentine? More like deadliest wedgie.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    If a group of D&D characters can defeat a Lich I don't think it's even worth considering who would win between one and Superman.

An arcane caster properly optimized becomes close to absolutely invulnerable. The term 'God Wizard' was coined for a reason...

Do you not think Superman couldn't find his phylactery in a few weeks with his powers and his friends?

I think it's fair if the Lich was destroyed by Superman. He's got weeks of not having to worry about the Lich. Which is really more than enough time for Superman to find the phylactery on his own.

d20srd.com wrote:
    The most common form of phylactery is a sealed metal box containing strips of parchment on which magical phrases have been transcribed. The box is Tiny and has 40 hit points, hardness 20, and a break DC of 40.

Other forms of phylacteries can exist, such as rings, amulets, or similar items.

So we can have this Lich's phylactery be a ring. So your argument would be that Superman, given a couple weeks, could locate a ring on Earth? I mean this is superseding the fact that any properly played Lich would have their phylactery on another plane, but that sure is pretty difficult.

I propose that the Lich is smart and hides his phylactery on another plane, perhaps the plane of shadows or the negative energy plane.

Your move...

A negative energy plane?

Something like a goddamn Negative Zone?

Yeah, Superman totally doesn't have a machine that can look into different dimensions like that, and it's not like he doesn't have access to highly advanced technology that he can use to build a machine that let's him detect magical energy or spells.

There's also a good chance given the circumstances that Superman may actually be able to see that energy on his own.

It's not like he isn't known for developing powers to fit his needs.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    starring sam worthington as the doom guy

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    vs. sam worthington as an SAS Agent

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    put up against sam worthington as a fierce samurai warrior

• Options
    Frank Martin vs Chev Chelios

• Options
    only to go head to head against sam worthington as a bloodthirsty pirate, YARR

• Options
    Macro9 wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:

d20srd.com wrote:

Your move...

A negative energy plane?

Yeah, Superman totally doesn't have a machine that can look into different dimensions like that, and it's not like he doesn't have access to highly advanced technology that he can use to build a machine that let's him detect magical energy or spells.

There's also a good chance given the circumstances that Superman may actually be able to see that energy on his own.

Then we run into this continuous stalemate of power. Superman can do everything just as a 20th-level wizard can, so they will just continuously out-gun each other.

I mean, we could have the Wizard make a deal with Dispater and hold his phylactery in the Iron Tower. Or continue to go up the level and hide it with Asmodeus, the Overlord of the Dukes of Hell.

So perhaps we pick two new people to have a duel?

• Options
    Superman and the Lich are locked in an eternal battle over the fate of the universe. But they don't know it is only a pocket universe. Batman put them both there because he was tired of their bullshit.

• Options
    jackal wrote:
    Superman and the Lich are locked in an eternal battle over the fate of the universe. But they don't know it is only a pocket universe. Batman put them both there because he was tired of their bullshit.

Very likely.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:

d20srd.com wrote:

Your move...

A negative energy plane?

Then we run into this continuous stalemate of power. Superman can do everything just as a 20th-level wizard can, so they will just continuously out-gun each other.

I mean, we could have the Wizard make a deal with Dispater and hold his phylactery in the Iron Tower. Or continue to go up the level and hide it with Asmodeus, the Overlord of the Dukes of Hell.

So perhaps we pick two new people to have a duel?

We can move on since you asked for it.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    You are all terrible.

Almost as terrible as superman.

• Options
    Macro9, you just stole precious minutes from my life.

I want them back right now.

• Options
    You are all terrible.

Almost as terrible as superman.

In the Deadliest Warrior thread who among us can survive Mere's tireless efforts to sway us in our journey to find out who is the baddest mofo?

Superman can

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Batman Vs Dracolich.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    four pages of Lich v Superman

four goddamn pages

and its still better than actually talking about Deadliest Warrior

• Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    My insults can defeat superman.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    Macro9, you just stole precious minutes from my life.

I want them back right now.

You became trapped in my dungeon the moment you made a reply to one of my posts.

You cannot escape.

It's only when I tire of you that I may release you back into the world like the dazed and confused animal you are.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote:

four goddamn pages

You're welcome. i made a thread for this kind of shit. you can find it if you know where to look.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    We should really just change the thread to fit the new needs. On that note, I really would like to see an answer to the supes vs goku answer. And no, ki is not magic.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    We should really just change the thread to fit the new needs. On that note, I really would like to see an answer to the supes vs goku answer. And no, ki is not magic.

Which Superman are we talking about here?

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    It begins again.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    I think it's like Godzilla vs King Kong. It depends on if the writer is Japanese or American.

• Options
    if it's modern superman, goku and he team up and defeat the people who sent it up.

If it's silver age superman, they fight for a bit and then team up.

They're heroes, they do heroic things.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote:

four goddamn pages

Heh, I don't mind, seeing as I didn't really make the thread to chat about Deadliest Warrior anyway.

Here's a Vs for you folks: Evil Dead's Ash vs either Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

• Options
    Buffy has super human strength, agility and endurance. I think Ash just has tenacity and a boomstick.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Owenashi wrote:
    Here's a Vs for you folks: Evil Dead's Ash vs either Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Is it a comedy or a drama?

This is the most important question.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    See, there is a problem when you match up heroes to fight.

In most cases they're good guys, wanting to do good things. or normal people thrust into situations where they are forced to rise to action.

Also, Buffy would win. Ash is awesome but she's super strong and fights stuff all the time. he works retail.

• Options
    jackal wrote:
    Buffy has super human strength, agility and endurance. I think Ash just has tenacity and a boomstick.

And a penis

58pwo4vxupcr.png