Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Let's Play!]Fallout Tactics-War. War Profiteering never changes

chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon.Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Games and Technology
Fallout_Tactics_Box.jpg
Spoiler:

In a few days, all going well, I'm starting a Fallout Tactics LP.

The OP will have the chapter list, cast, or anything else useful for reference.

Oh, and as a friendly warning, this is Fallout. Which means language, gore, cannibalism, incest, all the nastiness of a post apocalyptic wasteland comes around from time to time. If that's an issue, best to duck out now.

For the rest of you, I hope not to disappoint.

Episodes
Spoiler:

chiasaur11 on

• yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    Alright, I'm looking forward to this!

I remember there was one years ago here that was awesome and never got finished. Hope this one gets to the end.

Are you planning an out-of-character pure tactical effort, a comedy, or something approaching a narrative?

• MegaMekMegaMek Out with the old; in with the new.Registered User regular
    Aw man I remember this game. Playing it just made me want to play other tactical games, so I was never able to finish it. Good luck on the LP!

• Dirk DaringDirk Daring Registered User regular
    Here, I found the old thread. Still one of my favorite Let's Plays of all time even unfinished. Still a good read. 5/5

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/43435/lets-playfallout-tactics-great-bend-part-1b-and-2-poor-rage-nsf56k/p1

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I weep that the previous LP for FT was never finished. How are you thinking of going about this one, chiasaur11? Telling a story or more a screen-shot play by play?

steam_sig.png
    PSN - hellisforheroes
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    In response to the questions, narrative.

And yes. Themocaw's unfinished LP is excellent.

Most excellent, consider this thread bookmarked :)

steam_sig.png
    PSN - hellisforheroes
  • AistanAistan Mr. Cellophane Registered User regular
    I quite enjoy this game, despite the gameplay divergence from the first two. Mostly I like the exploits of the non-jerkass wing of the Brotherhood of Steel.

steam_sig.png
  • ArchonexArchonex Registered User
    edited September 2011
    The MP in this game was amazing, when it worked.

There was nothing quite like rolling around with like six dudes in power armor, storming buildings, or just blowing the living hell out of them when it suited your fancy.

Of course, most people did lame low equipment, one man servers. Which almost always sucked or favored bullshit tricks, like a sniper/drug setup.

Archonex on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I love many things about this game, but I wish you good luck with your game.

Mostly because I remember this game to be pretty damn slow. Like 'oh no something is on the other side of the map which means I have to walk over' slow. And then that person gets killed in hilarious unpredictable fashion.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Oh man, narrative LP? FUCK YES. You have my attention and my full support. Seeing as I lack the game myself, have no art skills and minimal writing ability that doesn't mean much, but dammit man I'm eager to see this happen.

• BursarBursar 16 tons of #9 coleslaw Registered User regular
    Yikes. Good luck, my friend.

Spoiler:
    My Steam profile | 3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324
    | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan
  • IoloIolo i not L Registered User regular
    Hells yes.

(@Themocow, it's not too late to finish what you started!)

UcOIsIH.gif
    Not buying or backing any games for myself in 2014.
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I always enjoyed Fallout Tactics, and despite the whining of the hardcore, I thought the story was quite good as well.

Going to be honest.

As great as that would be for everyone, it would be incredibly awkward for me.

To put it in geek, it would be like when Barry Allen came back, and I'd be Wally.

If Barry was interesting, and made more jokes about murder, rape, and drug addiction, I mean.

• nefyavenefyave Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Going to be honest.

As great as that would be for everyone, it would be incredibly awkward for me.

To put it in geek, it would be like when Barry Allen came back, and I'd be Wally.

If Barry was interesting, and made more jokes about murder, rape, and drug addiction, I mean.

Well this sounds awesome ;)

bannerpa.jpg
    edited October 2011
    In which our hero is introduced, and things go very wrong for him.
    Spoiler:

chiasaur11 on
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Eleven wrote:
    Eleven wrote:
    n2MXVED0FP4XC.png
    Nice to meet you, I'm The Doctor, and who might you be?
    Spoiler:
    s6e07DoctorSig.png

Is how I read this, so it amused me on two levels.

Bookmarking this shit.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    Automata-Sg.png
    edited September 2011
    In which Probationary Initiate Farsight has cause to regret her choices in life.
    Spoiler:

chiasaur11 on
    Haha so Milo was pretty hands-on in his previous black market enterprises, I wonder what deal went south that led him to being an initiate for the BoS

steam_sig.png
    PSN - hellisforheroes
    This is great. I can't wait for more.

• MorkathMorkath Registered User regular
    Archonex wrote:
    The MP in this game was amazing, when it worked.

There was nothing quite like rolling around with like six dudes in power armor, storming buildings, or just blowing the living hell out of them when it suited your fancy.

Of course, most people did lame low equipment, one man servers. Which almost always sucked or favored bullshit tricks, like a sniper/drug setup.

The one man servers were awesome until the bullshit builds showed up. Playing the mp demo was a great time, CTF in fallout. :)

hobbessig.png
    edited September 2011
    In which Initiate Farsight revises earlier statements in the light of pressing circumstances
    Spoiler:

chiasaur11 on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:

Why are the LP thread people so miserly about linking to unfinished LPs anyway?

camo_sig2.png
    Spoit wrote:
    chiasaur11 wrote:

Why are the LP thread people so miserly about linking to unfinished LPs anyway?

Adds a further layer of incentive and a sense of accomplishment when a LP is wrapped up, I suppose. I think it'll be a long time before someone forgets Thermocaw's unfinished LP and won't be able to link it at request, anyway.

steam_sig.png
    PSN - hellisforheroes
  • IoloIolo i not L Registered User regular
    Never email angry. Or drunk.

UcOIsIH.gif
    Not buying or backing any games for myself in 2014.
    Iolo wrote:
    Never email angry. Or drunk.

Truly, a wise concept for the ages.

edited September 2011
    In Which Initiate Milo appears very suspicious
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

chiasaur11 on
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Did you make your screenshots avatar-sized on purpose?

steam_sig.png
    For Sale: Sony PVM 14L5 - multisync video monitor for exquisite retro gaming. RGB/Component/S-Video/Composite
    edited September 2011
    harvest wrote:
    Did you make your screenshots avatar-sized on purpose?

I have no idea how that happened. Will attempt to fix.

Edit: Should work now, I think.

chiasaur11 on
  • Helios127Helios127 Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I would go with RAGE and Xan.

Xan looks genuienly usefull (looks alot like my build in Fallout 1 TBH) while RAEG is there for the hilarity factor and ID software producing a game allll about him.

Also check your PMs

Edit: On seccond look, Definetly RAGE. 99% Gun skill? *I* personally would go with Xan too, but definetly pick RAGE

Helios127 on
    http://s4.zetaboards.com/RP_Pax/index/ Pax: The RP forum. Not to be confused with the Penny Arcade Expo. Steam:Helios127
    RAGE, yes. I would also suggest a lady medic to work towards "Milo and RAGE fight evil with their harem", and possibly Jo, since her profile mentions a Rage Incident. Avoid ice, she won't play the harem game.

• LanrutconLanrutcon Registered User regular
    Suggesting you grab someone with big guns or energy to add some variation to the gunplay :P Brian seems solid. Rage would probably result in more hilarity though.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: FFXIV: ARR and Sharepoint.
  • Helios127Helios127 Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I assume we will be able to rotate guys some eventually, right?

edit: Will we also see journals by others, too?

Helios127 on
    http://s4.zetaboards.com/RP_Pax/index/ Pax: The RP forum. Not to be confused with the Penny Arcade Expo. Steam:Helios127
    Helios127 wrote:
    I assume we will be able to rotate guys some eventually, right?

edit: Will we also see journals by others, too?

Yes in both cases.
    Spoiler:
    Just seemed Farsight was the best choice for the bits so far.

• Nerf ICBMNerf ICBM Registered User
    Fallout: Tactics is a brilliant game. I was actually riffling around among my pile of games trying to find it the other day, to no avail. I'll be watching this thread closely, it's great so far!

Nerf ICBM wrote:
    Fallout: Tactics is a brilliant game. I was actually riffling around among my pile of games trying to find it the other day, to no avail. I'll be watching this thread closely, it's great so far!

It's on GOG.com for US$5.99 :)

steam_sig.png
    PSN - hellisforheroes
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    I'd say Rebecca for her lockpick and first aid skills, and Rage for sticky-finger fun.

• Nerf ICBMNerf ICBM Registered User
    TeeMan wrote:
    Nerf ICBM wrote:

It's on GOG.com for US$5.99 :)

Thanks for the heads up! I'm just lazy though. I'll probably tear the house apart looking for it when I've got some time off.

In which we learn a little more about Initiate Milo
    Spoiler:

In which Milo is not the only one with secrets.
    Spoiler: