Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chaos] CitOW Game 54 - Khorne Dials Up a Victory!

stever777stever777 AFK most SaturdaysRegistered User regular
edited December 2011 in Critical Failures
pic955226_md.jpg

Welcome to Chaos in the Old World, Fantasy Flight Games' boardgame take at Games Workshop's famous fantasy IP. In this game, players take the role of one of the four Ruinous Powers of the universe (and a fifth, uninvited guest). Speaking of which, I believe this calls for some introductions.

texasheat as Khorne
Khorne loves long walks on the battlefield and nights alone with the recently deceased. He enjoys handywork, and has even so constructed a throne for himself from nothing but the skulls of the living. He's always on the lookout for new blood - in the most literal sense possible - earning him the title of "The Blood God." If Khorne were a flavor of ice cream, he would be Berserk Banana.

3clipse as Nurgle
The other white meat! Or in this case, possibly white pus. Nurgle, now with 300% more pestilence! This is Great Unclean One with the new Nurgle Treatment, and you won't believe it! Have you ever been traveling around, and all of a sudden you wish you had brought your horrific ailments with you? But how are you going to fit it all in your bags? Well that's easy with the new Nurgle (or as we should say, the Old Nurgle)! Watch as it spreads the epidemic over the entire countryside as you pass. And if you order now, we'll throw in this free plaguebearer. Call now!

jakobagger as Tzeentch
Spoiler:

BobCesca as Slaanesh
"Working for Khorne? It's ok, I guess, but I worry about my future prospects. You know how I'm probably going to die? Not enough blood left in my neck. You know how those Slaanesh dudes over there are probably going to die? Too many orgasms.
You can see my consternation." - Khorne Thrall

As the Prince of Pain and Pleasure, some might say that Slaanesh 'goes both ways.' His followers don't quite have a 'lust for battle,' but enjoy the 'corruption' of the aristocracy. He finds subtle usurping 'invigorating,' and sometimes even so much that he just has to release his 'keeper of secrets.'

FunkyWaltDogg as the Horned Rat
The Horned Rat does not exist, nor is there such thing as the ratmen that worship it. Scholars have concluded that claims of an empire of vicious verminfolk are nothing more than stories invented to frighten the very young. Any reports of having sighted these "skaven" is seen as spreading discord amongst the faithful and, naturally, quite blasphemous. The skittering and scratching you hear deep below you at night is naught but the fevered workings of your imagination. If you insist that you have seen these creatures, please see your nearest witch hunter to be summarily executed for your blatant heresy.

----

This will be a Play-By-Post game of Chaos in the Old World for 5 players utilizing the new Morrslieb decks and both the original and expert sets of Old World cards mixed. Invitations will be taken from the discussion thread and offered to the top 3 players on the main list, a newbie, and a host.

[RULES]
[FAQ]
[EXPANSION RULES]
[Headless Hollow Rules Summary]

Credits of Chaos
Adam Bloom for his rocking Handtracker site.
FWD for the awesome board app.
Mr.Blarney for the original design of our PbP board.
Rend for the comprehensive OP.
Darian for bringing order to chaos as games manager and our resident rules lawyer.

Previous games, aka recommended reading before playing, are linked from the CF Boardgame Index

General discussion thread for Chaos in the Old World is available here

stever777 on

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    From Rend: A QUICK TUTORIAL ON CHAOS IN THE OLD WORLD
    Spoiler:

Useful information:
    Spoiler:

edited September 2011
    Darian's personal Unofficial FAQ for the Horned Rat (Now with some official rulings):
    (Although Official FAQ above should take precedence.)

Spoiler:

stever777 on
  • TmoiyTmoiy Registered User
    I don't think Darian ever got around to doing it, but I think The Cow King should be at the top of the signup list again?

Hmm. Good point. Seeing as I hosted that, I should've known. Thanks muchly!

• BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    So, spot?

I have registered with Handtracker (BobCesca) and will now try desperately to make sure I understand how to play.

Do I need to state any kind of preference or is pot luck ok?

Preferences would be good. Also, if you know how to play, with all the unclear rulings and such, help me out. :?

• The Cow KingThe Cow King arf arf Registered User regular
    Don't worry about me its quite alright I don't have much time to be playing so have fun guys!

8qdrRTu.png
  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I will play! Nurgle then Slaanesh is my preference.

edit: and my handtracker ID is 3clipse

3clipse on
    C2hmw6F.png
    Ok, preferences are

Slaanesh > Tzeentch > Khorne > whatever

• jakobaggerjakobagger KøbenhavnRegistered User regular
    Preferences: Tzeentch > Slaanesh > Khorne > Horned Rat > Nurgle

• texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Hey guys, GLHF out there. I prefer HR, Korne, Nurgle, Tzneetch, Slaneesh. My handtraker is texasheat. Good luck everybody.

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Registered User regular
    In!

Horned Rat > Nurgle = Khorne > Tzeentch > Slaanesh.

Burnage wrote:
    FWD is very good at this game.
    edited September 2011
    Funky, we are gonna have to fight it out for HR and Korne. Me and you both have pretty much same prefereces. I suppose just to break the tie i'll take Korne.

texasheat on
    That gives us -
    texasheat as Khorne
    3clipse as Nurgle
    jakobagger as Tzeentch
    BobCesca as Slaanesh
    FunkyWaltDogg as The Horned Rat

You may all draw your 3 starting cards now.

edited September 2011
    Round 1, Old World Phase

Plunged into Chaos
    Each player immediately scores 1 victory point for each Peasant token he has claimed.
    The player who has claimed the most Peasant tokens scores 3 additional victory points. -
    Discard this card instead of adding it to the Old World track.

game54state1.png
    No dead Peasants, no victory points.

Round 1, Draw phase

Khorne: draw 2; 5 in hand, 19 remaining in deck
    Nurgle: draw 2; 5 in hand, 19 remaining in deck
    Tzeentch: may choose to discard before drawing to five; 18 or 19 cards remaining in deck
    Slaanesh: draw 2; 5 in hand, 19 remaining in deck
    Horned Rat: draw 2; 5 in hand, 19 remaining in deck

Khorne may begin the Summoning Phase when ready.

stever777 on
    I warn everyone now that I'm still trying to work out everything so I may ask silly questions or make stupid moves.

edited September 2011
    Damn, can't see the board at work for some reason....i'll have to check at home in about 9 hours or so....sorry. I figured out the problem. My company is blocking imageshack. Your image is linked to that website so i can't see it. No worries, i'll just hit it when i get home, sorry for being difficult.

texasheat on
    texasheat wrote:
    Damn, can't see the board at work for some reason....i'll have to check at home in about 9 hours or so....sorry. I figured out the problem. My company is blocking imageshack. Your image is linked to that website so i can't see it. No worries, i'll just hit it when i get home, sorry for being difficult.

Can you get to Photobucket?
    Spoiler:

Burnage wrote:
    Yes i CAN! Bloodletter to the empire!

5/7 PP

Thanks Funky!!!

Leper to Estalia

5/6 PP

C2hmw6F.png
    (M) Glean - 0 - This region is considered adjacent to all other regions.

In Estalia

6/6 PP

i c wut u did thar

C2hmw6F.png
    Summon Seductresses to Tilea

5/6PP

(did I do that right?)

edited September 2011
    It's a thing of beauty! Perfect.
    (Although, actually we use mediumorchid for Slaanesh, not dark.)

stever777 on
    edited September 2011
    Hmm...when in doubt, plug the last card slot in a contested region!

Empty the Warrens to Estalia, placing a Skaven from the stockpile.

6/6 PP

Spoiler:

FunkyWaltDogg on
    Burnage wrote:
    Round 1, Summoning Phase

game54state1.png
    Spell Effects -
    Spoiler:

Khorne is active.

edited September 2011
    Well, if it's going to be there, might as well make use of it!

BloodThirster to Estalia!

2/7 PP

Big man on campus!

edit: for color...

texasheat on
    Leper to Bretonnia

4/6 PP

C2hmw6F.png
    (M) Warp Shock - 1 - Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value.

In Kislev

5/6 PP

Summon Daemonette to Tilea

3/6 PP

Clan Rat to Troll Country.

5/6 PP

Burnage wrote:
    edited September 2011
    Round 1, Summoning Phase

game54state1.png
    Spell Effects -
    Spoiler:

Khorne is active.

stever777 on
    Ok, we'll let's try to stop some DAC's shall we?

Bloodbath - 0 - Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region. '

Play bloodbath in Kislev

2/7 PP

edited September 2011
    Hey, the map is wrong - texas played the Bloodthirster in Estalia, not a bloodletter. Also, he should be at 2 power not three, for the same reason. And 3clipse played the second leper in Bretonnia, not Estalia.

PS: dear Khorne, I don't really see how that will stop any DAC's and also I'm probably not the guy to be messing with.

jakobagger on
    No idea what you're talking about... :whistle:
    Bad idea to host from work.

edited September 2011
    jakobagger wrote:
    Hey, the map is wrong -

I love this part of the post. You can just hear the word -
    HEY! :?

Thanks for the heads up jako! I mean it.
    Never let a host get too far from a mistake.
    It gets even harder to fix it.

stever777 on
    edited September 2011
    jakobagger wrote:
    Hey, the map is wrong - texas played the Bloodthirster in Estalia, not a bloodletter. Also, he should be at 2 power not three, for the same reason. And 3clipse played the second leper in Bretonnia, not Estalia.

PS: dear Khorne, I don't really see how that will stop any DAC's and also I'm probably not the guy to be messing with.

Hmmm. Perhaps you are correct brother Tzeentch. However, every time time i've played korne, here at home anyway, i always seem to lose to your power. Your play against Nurgle with Glean was very well done. And to be honest, i think it says something about your thought process...you're good. In addition, Slaneesh is a noob, but don't worry i'll be getting to him too, i'm already messing with Nurgle in Estalia and the empire, the rat, well it was a choice between you and him for the first round...nothing personal mind you...tails just isn't your side of the coin...Thank you for the correction there, i couldn't see the map to confirm my actions.

I know that i stopped you in Kislev from getting DAC. However, i've played wrong in the past, so i'll ask the question. You need 2 magic icons, And/Or 2 warpstones yes? That dosen't seem to say 1 of each yes? I could have been playing wrong and it DOES mean 1 of each, but that's not how i read it originally. If i'm wrong, then yes the bloodbath was perhaps a stupid move...

texasheat on
    Maybe I thought those moves I posted were better. Ever think of that? Huh?

edited September 2011
    stever777 wrote:
    No idea what you're talking about... :whistle:
    Bad idea to host from work.

No actually only Stalin attended that meeting. Who is this Trotsky-person of whom you speak, comrade? Also, we have always been at war with Eurasia. What is problem?

PS. actually it was supposed to be more of a relaxed "hey", the kind that might be followed by "dude". Getting nuances right in a foreign language is hard sometimes.

To Khorne: I thank you for the compliment, but also warn you that I might decide to ruin your fun if you ruin mine. Wouldn't you rather be friends? Also, Nurgle's still got plenty of power to run to whichever of Bretonnia or Kislev you don't put a warrior in. So uh, contemplate that shit.

jakobagger on