As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Playstation Store Thread - NA: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Spring Sale

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    So, I know that if I let PS+ lapse, I lose access to my "free" games. And if I get PS+ again, I have access to them again.

Question: Do I have to actually re-download them, or are they staying on my hard drive, dormant, waiting to appear again when I re-subscribe?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I think they sit there. I had to manually delete what I didn't want anymore after my free month after the PSN hack fiasco anyway.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    That's awesome - just before I sold my 360 I beat Shank - now I can play the sequel for free. I think my trial runs out soon though and I'll have to think about if it's worth keeping up - the free games seem to indicate it is. I've never played through Silent Hill either, I'll have to give that a shot.

Are there ever discounts on PSN+ like there are on Live Gold cards all the time?

They go for roughly 35-39 dollars on eBay regularly. Most sellers will just email you a code a few minutes after you purchase.

• Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    The last PSN+ card sale I remember was this past Thanksgiving, when Target had PSN+ cards marked 20% off. They may happen more often than once a year, but it doesn't seem to be all the time like XBL deals.

Yes, the 5 games listed as free for PSN+ users are yours for free for as long as you have PSN+ active. Also, the available free games stick around for longer than a week, so chances are free games from the past few weeks are also available to you. In the store, click on "PSN+", then "Last Chance", and you'll see all the free games/deals that are about to expire.

Also, I'm pretty sure you don't have to activate your PSN+ 30 day trial immediately (if you haven't already), so if these deals don't do anything for you, you could sit on it a while and activate it when a better offering comes along.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    jclast wrote: »
    I think they sit there. I had to manually delete what I didn't want anymore after my free month after the PSN hack fiasco anyway.

Will they work if you get another subscription? I've been wondering if you have to immediately resubscribe to keep previous games running or they just work whenever you've got a subscription (so once my subscription runs out, I could leave it for a month or two and then resubscribe, making all my PS+ games start working again).

Anyway, Gripshift is an INSANE price (€1.99/£1.59) on the PAL store so everyone with access should get it.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    They work whenever you resubscribe.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Sorry about not updating the thread guys, I actually haven't had a working computer since last Friday. Thanks Diarmuid for keeping everyone updated in my absence. I'll be updating the OP in a little bit.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    I have The Drop!
    PlayStation Network

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City – Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City delivers two games based on the world of Liberty City. Both games — The Lost & Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony — offer expansive, story-based experiences inside this wild and dangerous city. The package does not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.

The Lost and The Damned — Johnny is a veteran member of The Lost, a notorious biker gang. Johnny has been creating business opportunities for The Lost in Liberty City, but his first loyalty must be to the patch he wears on his back and to Billy Grey, the club’s President. However, when Billy returns from rehab hell-bent on bloodshed and debauchery, Johnny finds himself in the middle of a vicious turf war with rival gangs for control of a city torn apart by violence and corruption. Can the brotherhood survive?
    The Ballad of Gay Tony – Grand Theft Auto IV’s second downloadable episode injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka “Gay Tony”), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.

Skullgirls – Set in the Canopy Kingdom, Skullgirls tells the tale of eight female warriors as they fight to reclaim a wish-granting artifact known as the “Skull Heart” from the monstrous Skullgirl. As legend has it, every seven years this enigmatic Skull Heart grants a wish to a young woman… but this power can come at a terrible price. If her heart is impure, her wish will be twisted and she herself will be transformed into a Skullgirl.

Developed by newcomer Reverge Labs, Skullgirls is a fast-paced 2D fighting game. Starring a cast of feisty female warriors, Skullgirls is a multi-layered fighter featuring all-new game systems for veteran fighting game fans while also making the intimidating genre enjoyable and accessible to the casual gamer.

Sour Patch Kids: World Gone Sour – In Sour Patch Kids: World Gone Sour, gamers will take on the miniature role of a lost Sour Patch Kid, guiding the hero through the sticky floors of a movie theater, across the counter of a concession stand, and other unique and oversized environments.

Joining forces with fellow lost Sour Patch Kids, players will use a combination of jumps, twists and puzzle-solving to negotiate and overcome larger than life obstacles. Along the way, they will battle unusual candy enemies, escape from deranged humans, and face-off against bizarre creatures including one very angry wad of sticky chewing gum.

The Pinball Arcade (PSVita / PS3 Cross Purchase) – From the makers of Pinball Hall of Fame comes the ultimate pinball machine collection — step into The Pinball Arcade and you’ll have access to many of the all-time greatest tables from Williams, Bally, Stern Pinball, and Gottlieb! Players build their pinball collection by purchasing and downloading the tables they want to play, each powered by a realistic pinball simulation that re-creates pinball gameplay with accuracy and authenticity. Leave your quarters at home and just enjoy playing your favorite pinball machine for the zillionth time or discovering an acclaimed pinball classic for the first time.

Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (PS Vita) – Completely free for life to download and play! Treasures of Montezuma Blitz is a stunning shiny new puzzle game, using the featuring the unique abilities of PlayStation Vita System to deliver to you a fresh experience of the new-age fun! With both Front and Rear Touchscreens at your fingertips, there will be no limits to your speed, and Motion Sensor for gravity adds even more spice to the fast-paced rounds of the game.

PS3 Demos

Sniper Elite v2

PlayStation 2 Classics

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES — Lead a group of high school students with a dangerous extracurricular activity: exploring the mysterious tower Tartarus and fighting the sinister Shadows during the Dark Hour, a frozen span of time imperceptible to all but a select few. However, the end of their quest is no longer the end of the story–witness for the first time the aftermath of the final battle and the students’ struggle to find meaning in their new lives.

A spin-off of the RPG Persona, Fes (or “Festival of Persona 3″) consists of Persona 3′s content along with 30 hours of additional gameplay. The new gameplay comes primarily in the form of the “Gojitsudan,” a story sequence that comes after the original’s ending, with new cinematic sequences in addition to the added gameplay. While the main storyline is the same, it’s been tuned up with new events. Gameplay has been updated as well, with a new “hard” setting (the original had just easy and normal), 23 new Personas, a weapon synthesis system and a system for changing your characters’ clothes.

So the double-pack of The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony that I swear we already had, Persona 3 FES, and a free Vita game seem to be the main draws this week, but don't count out The Pinball Arcade, which will be a buy one, get both deal for PS3 and Vita, nor Skullgirls, which will likely have something of a built-in following, being a fighting game and all.

Also the Sour Patch game that literally does exist.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw7uhVtpI5I

i guess this is a method man track about sour patch kids that is tied into that sour patch kids game

what?

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's a Quick Look EX for the Sour Patch game. Yes, the guy in charge of a Sour Patch game actually came in to Giant Bomb to demo it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw7uhVtpI5I

i guess this is a method man track about sour patch kids that is tied into that sour patch kids game

what?

That is amazing.

• Options
    FettS1FettS1 Registered User regular
    Nice - didn't realize Skullgirls was coming out this week! I'll be grabbing that

Diablo3: FettS1#1626
    PSN: FettS1
    FFXIV: Kashell Valeth
  • Options
    And I have Update post.
    Playstation Plus

Exclusives: The House of the Dead 4 Demo
    Minis: Canabalt
    Defenders Of The Mystic Garden
    Full Game Trials: Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes From Liberty City
    Media: Qore Episode 47 – April
    Discounts: GRAND THEFT AUTO IV EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY (PS Plus Price: $11.99)
    Theme: Cuckoo Clock Dynamic Theme
    Pink Hamster Avatar
    Street Fighter X Tekken Avatar Bundle
    Street Fighter X Tekken Kuma Avatar
    Updates

Grand Theft Auto Iv Episodes From Liberty City Ps3 Full Game (Sale) PS3) (now $15.99, original price $19.99)
    Inferno Pool (Sale) PS3) (now $2.99, original price $9.99)
    WipEout HD Bundle (now $12.99, original price $24.99)
    WipEout HD (now $7.99, original price $19.99)
    WipEout HD Fury (now $7.99, original price $9.99)

-(Vita) The Pinball Arcade (Cross Purchase W/ PS3) ($9.99)
    -(Vita) Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz (free)

-(PS3) World Gone Sour ($4.99)
    -(PS3) Skullgirls ($14.99)
    -(PS3) The Pinball Arcade (Cross Purchase W/ Vita) ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City ($15.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for Sniper Elite V2, Skullgirls

-(PS2) Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES ($9.99)

-(Minis) Defenders Of The Mystic Garden – Minis (PSN Exclusive) ($3.49)

-(Avatars) Unit 13 High Value Target Avatar Pack 1 ($1.49)
    -(Avatars) Unit 13 High Value Target Avatar Pack 2 ($1.25)

-(Music) Journey – Original Soundtrack from the Video Game ($4.99)

There it is. No real surprises, but at least what was promised was delivered.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PAL Update
    PlayStation Plus
    Silent Hill (PS one) – 100% discount
    Until May 9th

Pure Chess – 20% discount
    2 weeks only

Pure Chess – Park Pack – 100% discount
    2 weeks only

PS3 Games
    Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City - Prices: £14.99, €19.99, AU$29.95
    Availability: Not Available in KW,QT,SA,AE

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded - Prices: £39.99, €49.99, AU$79.95

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Prices:£8.79, €10.99, AU$17.45
    Availability: Available only in AU,BE,FR,DE,NL,NZ,IT,PT,RU,ES,UK

Pure Chess - Prices: £4.99, €6.19, AU$10.25

PS3 Demos (Free)
    Summer Stars 2012 Demo
    Availability: Only available in AT, DE, IT, ES, CH

Sniper Elite V2 Demo
    Availability: Not available in Germany

PSVita Games
    Stardrone Extreme - Prices: £3.19, €3.99
    Availability: Not available in AU, NZ

minis
    I Kill Zombies - Prices: £2.49, €2.99, AU$4.95

LA Gridlock - Prices: £1.74, €1.99, AU$3.45

Golf Mania (released 4th April) - Prices: £2.49, €2.99, AU$4.95

PS3 DLC
    Pure Chess
    Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - (Not available in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Poland, Sweden)
    Dynasty Warriors 7 - (Not available in NZ)
    Motorstorm RC (Vita cross compatible)
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Disgaea 4
    Saint Seiya Sanctuary Battle
    Warriors Orochi 3
    Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare 3
    Operation Raccoon City
    Saints Row The Third
    Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends - (Not available in NZ)
    Uncharted 3
    Mass Effect 3

Soundtracks
    Journey - Prices: £3.99, €4.99, AU$8.45

A fairly slow week, I think. Journey soundtrack is nice though.

• Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    So the double-pack of The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony that I swear we already had, Persona 3 FES, and a free Vita game seem to be the main draws this week, but don't count out The Pinball Arcade, which will be a buy one, get both deal for PS3 and Vita, nor Skullgirls, which will likely have something of a built-in following, being a fighting game and all.

Also the Sour Patch game that literally does exist.

Going by the listings, I think this is a standalone game rather than just GTAIV DLC.

• Options
    Yeah, maybe I was just thinking of a bundle of the two DLC episodes rather than the actual thing that is, essentially, a bundle of the two DLC Episodes. (I bought it a while back in disk-form.)

• Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    Slightly off-topic, but does anyone here have any experience with using NHL Gamecenter on the Playstation 3? If so, shoot me a PM, I have a few questions concerning how it works: I need to find a reliable way to watch playoff hockey on the PS3.

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    Something something The Drop.
    PlayStation Vita

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Also on PSN) – Disgaea 3 is a sequel to Disgaea, a hardcore, turn-based strategy RPG. The game follows the exploits of Mao, the most honored student at Evil Academy, a school where the tardiest, laziest, and rudest demons receive the highest marks. The son of the school chairman, Mao has never once attended class nor opened a textbook. He longs to overthrow his father and assume the title of Overlord, which he decides he must become a hero to achieve. Join him on his zany adventure filled with witty dialogue, exciting events, and thrilling strategy battles.

PlayStation Network

NHL 12 (Full PS3 Game) – Experience a fresh new look and feel with all new gameplay presentation, and, for the first time ever, the chance to lace up outdoors under the lights in one of the biggest hockey events of the season, the NHL Winter Classic at Pittsburgh’s Heinz field. This year will be the first to see dynamic goalies in the game; players can knock the net off and make contact with goalies, knocking them down or out of position, as they crash the crease. Watch as goalies fight through screens to make awe-inspiring saves and leave the crease to trade punches with hated rivals during fights.

StarDrone Extreme (PS Vita) – StarDrone is a perfect blend of high-speed physics and pinball action, with strategic elements of break-out and object collection. But this is no walk amongst the stars, as the Drone is always in motion in the zero gravity environment, and the more stellar matter collected, the faster it travels until it is careening across the screen at light speed. Gather enough momentum and enter into Comet Rush where the Drone is impervious to all enemies and obstacles.

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Full PS3 Game) – Dead Rising 2: Off The Record sees Wilamette survivor and photojournalist Frank West take centre stage as players experience a very different interpretation of events in this, a reimagining of the Fortune City outbreak.

This alternate storyline means an-all new Dead Rising 2 experience; with Frank facing new missions, new enemies, new combo-weapons with which to defeat them plus a brand new Fortune City attraction to explore. Complimenting the new narrative and action of Dead Rising 2: Off The Record are enhancements to elements such as the save system and the co-op experience to deliver more satisfying gameplay.

The House of the Dead 4 – Slap in a clip and prepare for an onslaught of terror in The House of the Dead 4! Set three years after the second game, the fourth game in the shoot-em-up series featuring House of the Dead 2′s protagonist James Taylor as well as new hero Kate Green, working together to battle untold horrors from beyond. In addition to the run-and-gun-down-creatures gameplay players had come to know and love, the game fully supports PlayStation Move.

PS Vita Demos

Stardrone Extreme

Not really a whole lot, unfortunately. Disgaea 3 will make some people happy, and Stardrone Extreme will be worth looking into if only the demo portion of it. Then there's NHL '12, Off the Record and House of the Dead 4 for Hockey and/or Zombie enthusiasts.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    HotD 4 is a given. Nothing better than shooting zombie faces with my Dad after a martini or two.

Any (good or bad) opinions on Off the Record?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    off the record is the same game as dead rising 2, with some stuff added. if you havent played DR2 and want to its probably the version to get, but if you already played DR2 i dont think theres anything there that warrants revisiting it. either way you can definitely get it cheaper than whatever theyre going to be charging for the digital version.

• Options
    Figures, I just couldn't get into DR2. I have no idea why. I was hoping this was an updated more awesome version.

Thanks Pook.

• Options
    I guess I should probably cross-post from the Vita thread as it's PS Store related:

More SCEE PSP price drops (permanent, not temporary sales). Here's some of them but apparently there are a number of others that will be dropped as well that they're not going to mention for some reason (similar to Dissidia 012 last time). They'll go up on the store with the usual PS Store update.
    SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3
    Was: €39.99/£24.99/AUD $59.95
    Now: €7.99/£6.99/AUD $11.95

Jungle Party
    Was: €29.99/£24.99/AUD $49.95

White Knight Chronicles Origins
    Was: €29.99/£24.99/AUD $49.95

Patapon 3
    Was: €26.99/£16.99/AUD $44.95

Echoshift
    Was: €19.99/£15.99/AUD $29.95

Gangs of London

God of War: Chains of Olympus

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Gran Turismo

Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier

Killzone: Liberation

LittleBigPlanet

Resistance: Retribution

Syphon Filter Dark Mirror

Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow

Key Of Heaven

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Is there any word on Skullgirls sales? I want to see Mike Z and Alex Ahad succeed on this one .

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    I thought maintenance ended yesterday? I can't add a PSN card to my account because the "service is currently undergoing maintenance."

Get your shit together, Sony.

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hmmm. Has Sony pushed updates to the PSN to Weds now?

Nevermind, Disgaea is there. Just search for it. $39.99

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Here's hoping those Europe price drops make it to North America. Would be nice to give my PSP Go one last games injection before I decide to retire it.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Update post is live!
    Playstation Plus

Free Downloads: Frogger Returns
    Full Game Trials: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
    NHL 12
    Free Avatars and Themes: THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 GOLDMAN AVATAR
    THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 JAMES AVATAR
    THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 KATE AVATAR
    THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 DYNAMIC THEME
    Discounts: THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4
    Sonic CD
    Alien Syndrome
    Super Monkey Ball Adventure
    Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Maps & Modes DLC Bundle
    Betas: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier

-(Vita) Stardrone Extreme (+ Trial) ($3.99)
    -(Vita) Disgaea 3: Absence Of Detention ($39.99)
    -(Vita) Demo for Stardrone Extreme

-(Vita App) Paint Park App

-(PS3) The House Of The Dead 4 ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Dead Rising 2 Off The Record ($19.99)
    -(PS3) NHL 12 ($59.99)

-(Bundles) Mercury Hg + Rare Earth Bundle ($4.99)

-(Avatars) The House Of The Dead 4 Zombie Avatar ($0.49)

So, alongside what we were promised, we have the first of three more 'Park' Apps (though only two of them have Park in the names) in Paint Park. It also looks to be the best of the three since, well, to me, it seems like it might be similar to the 3DS' Doodle app, which, well, seems to offer -quite- a lot of entertainment. Everything else is pretty much the same. And surprisingly, Off The Record isn't crazily priced. Small wonders.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    Took them long enough. Disgaea 3 looks amazing and is everything I remember it to be. It has not replaced Persona 3 P as my Vita time waster.

• Options
    Anyone want a Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta key? You'll probably need a SCEE account to use it.

• Options
    Hmmm. Gonna have to give the Paint Park App a try.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Something something PAL Update.
    PlayStation Plus

House of the Dead 4: Extended Cut – 30% Discount
    House of the Dead 4 Dynamic Theme – 100% Discount
    House of the Dead 4 James, Kate and Goldman Avatars – 100% Discount
    Sonic CD – 40% Discount
    Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing Ryo Forklift Pack – 60% Discount
    Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing Metal Sonic and Death Egg – 60% Discount
    Sonic Unleashed Apatos and Shamar Adventure Pack – 60% Discount
    Sonic Unleashed Chunnan Adventure Pack – 60% Discount
    Sonic Unleashed Empire City and Adabat Adventure Pack – 60% Discount
    Sonic Unleashed Holoska Adventure Pack – 60% Discount

PS3 Games

Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time - Prices:£7.99,€9.99,AU$15.95
    Availability: Not availability in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Sweden, Switzerland and Ukraine
    File Size: 298MB

NHL 12 - Prices:£49.99,€69.99,AU$109.00
    Availability: Not available in Qatar, India, Hungary, Bulgaria
    File Size: 7050MB

House of the Dead 4 - Prices:£6.49,€7.99,AU$12.95
    File Size: 4065MB

Renegade Ops – The Complete Edition - Prices:£12.99,€16.99,AU$26.95
    File Size: 2593MB

PSVita

Pure Chess - Prices:£4.99,€6.19,AU$10.25
    File Size: 349MB

PSVita Apps

Paint Park - Prices: Free
    File Size: 349MB

PSP
    Dragon’s Lair (Compatible with PSP, PS3 and Vita) - Prices: £6.49,€7.99,AU$12.95
    Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary and Qatar
    File Size: 243MB

PS3 Demos (Free)
    Birds Of Steel
    File Size: 1883MB

PS2
    Deadly Strike - Prices: £2.99,€3.59,AU$6.25
    Availability: Not available in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Sweden, Ukraine
    File Size: 724MB

Dirt Track Devils - Prices: £1.99,€2.49,AU$4.25
    Availability: Not available in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Sweden, Ukraine
    File Size: 218MB

International Tennis Pro - Prices: £2.49,€2.99,AU$4.95
    File Size: 125MB

Red Faction - Prices: £7.99,€9.99,AU$15.95
    File Size: 1778MB

Stuntman: Ignition- Prices: £7.99,€9.99,AU$15.95
    File Size: 4507MB

minis
    Defenders Of The Mystic Garden - Prices: £2.49,€2.99,AU$4.95

Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims - Prices: £2.49,€2.99,AU$4.95

Knight Fortix 2 - Prices: £2.49,€2.99,AU$4.95

Ikari III: The Rescue - Prices: £1.99,€2.49,AU$4.25

Sar – Search And Rescue - Prices: £1.99,€2.49,AU$4.25

DLC
    New PS3 DLC avalible for:
    Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Releasing on Thursday 19/4/2012)
    Disney Universe
    Dungeon Defenders
    Eyepet & Friends
    FIFA 12 – Uefa Euro 2012 (Releasing on Tuesday 24/4/2012)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (Not available in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Poland and Sweden)
    Ninja Gaiden 3
    Motorstorm RC (Vita compatible)
    Renegade Ops
    Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City (Not available in Germany)
    Rock Band 3 (Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine and UAE)
    Saint Seiya Sanctuary Battle
    Soul Calibur V
    Ufc Undisputed 3

New PSV DLC avalible for:
    Dynasty Warriors NEXT (Not available in New Zealand)
    Motorstorm RC (PS3 Compatible)
    Pure Chess
    Touch My Katamari

No sign of Skullgirls or Closure yet. I find this mildly irritating.

• Options
    In the comments Jawad said that there's no word on Closure, so it's probably a long ways off. You'd think after all the problems they have with this shit, they'd try to unite certification between the three regions but nope. Though at least we get price drops.

On the bright side, he did confirm that Tokyo Jungle is still planned for a PAL release.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    How's the House of the Dead 4 port? Any cool bonuses over the arcade version?

• Options
    i bought it, but i havent pulled out my move to try it out yet. currently its sitting there unplayed with my digital copy of HOTD3, and my freshly ordered copy of HOTD Overkill. i love gun games!

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    i bought it, but i havent pulled out my move to try it out yet. currently its sitting there unplayed with my digital copy of HOTD3, and my freshly ordered copy of HOTD Overkill. i love gun games!

I loooooooved Overkill.

• Options

Hi 5!

Wait.

Fist Bump is more appropriate for zombie head zploding.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Been trying to find an answer to this, so I hope someone here knows.

If you download a PS2 Classics game from PSN, does PS+ allow you to use the cloud service to back up the save? Or are you still required to "emulate" a PS2 memory card, as you would when using a BC PS3?

I want to commit to Persona 3 FES, after losing my original save three times under different circumstances. If downloading the PSN version lets me enable cloud saves for the game, I would gladly double-dip on the digital version.

• Options
    Been trying to find an answer to this, so I hope someone here knows.

If you download a PS2 Classics game from PSN, does PS+ allow you to use the cloud service to back up the save? Or are you still required to "emulate" a PS2 memory card, as you would when using a BC PS3?

I want to commit to Persona 3 FES, after losing my original save three times under different circumstances. If downloading the PSN version lets me enable cloud saves for the game, I would gladly double-dip on the digital version.

Nope to both of those options. PS2 Classics save to the "Save Data Utility (PS2)" folder, which I believe only appears once you've downloaded a PS2 Classics game (or at least I don't remember seeing it there before I bought VF4 Evolution). There's no PS+ option at all (which is probably a good thing until they raise the tiny size limit because their saves are huge) but you can copy it to a USB drive.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Crap. Well, thanks for finally clarifying for me.

I guess I could just play it and assume that I couldn't possibly be unlucky for the 4th time. It's not like the game is cursed or anything.

Ha ha...ha.

• Options
    A little late because I was doing nonsensical math, but here's The Drop!
    Playstation Network

Battlefield 3 (Full PS3 Game) – Prepare for full-scale war with Battlefield 3, the third major evolution of the long-running online battle franchise. Using the power of Frostbite 2 game engine technology, Battlefield 3 delivers superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.

Bejeweled 3 – Discover all-new ways to play the world’s #1 puzzle game! Find your perfect match with 8 breathtaking game modes that meet all your moods — including Classic, Quest, Lightning and Zen. Enjoy the amazing sights and sounds. Earn flashy achievement badges. Engage in endless gem-matching fun, and soar to dazzling new heights! The PlayStation 3 retail release of Bejeweled 3 adds in extra good good times with two bonus games — Zuma and Feeding Frenzy 2!

Grease Dance (Full PS3 Game) – Get ready for those Summer Nights with a return to Rydell High! Grease utilizes the PlayStation Move motion sensor technology to deliver the ultimate Grease experience. Sing, dance and party with Barry, Sandy and the rest of the Grease gang. Grease delivers the movie’s signature choreography and legendary songs combined with today’s motion-sensor technology so fans can dance and sing along to their favorite Grease tunes including iconic anthems like “You’re the One That I Want”, “Greased Lightning” and “Summer Nights.” Grease allows players to sing or dance as a solo act, in a duet or four players can team up to sing and dance together for a sensational musical performance.

The Cursed Crusade (Full PS3 Game) – The end of 12th century is nearing. The Pope Innocent 3rd launches a new crusade in order to conquest the holy city, given up few years earlier to the Sultan Solomon armies. While the High Franc Barons mobilize for this new great epic, the meeting with Prince Alexis, Byzantine Empire throne descendant, will change the course of history: This crusade will never go further than Constantinople.

PS3 Demos

Dragon’s Dogma
    Ninja Gaiden 3

minis

Golf Mania (PSN Exclusive)
    Ikari III: The Rescue

PSone Classics

Future Cop L.A.P.D – Los Angeles is not always a nice place. In the 22nd century, criminals overrun the city, and Los Angeles is declared uninhabitable. You take control of a mech (that can transform into a hover bike) and try to clean up the streets. Use flamethrowers, plasma bursts, mini-shockwave mortars, and many other weapons as you battle through eight action packed levels by yourself or with a friend. For those who like a little more strategy, play the Precinct Assault mode, in which both players (you can challenge the machine or another human) start with bases and construct combat units. However, building the units cost points that are earned by destroying the enemy’s equipment. The first to capture the opposition’s base wins the game. With its multiplayer options and a choice of two different games, FUTURE COP: LAPD offers action and excitement for every gamer.

Darkstalkers 3 – Three ancient spirits ruled the Dark World; Jedah, the oldest spirit, was resurrected. In an effort to rule over the Dark World alone, Jedah wants to save all of the dispirited souls. To create his perfect salvation, he calls those with valuable souls to his world so can take control of them. Choose from 18 horror themed characters as they battle in a tournament to the death. Every character has unique combinations and ultra powerful dark force moves. Be warned, though, as the arenas can have positive and negative effects on the fighters. You’ll be mesmerized by the gorgeous, hand drawn animation that brings the action to life. After beating the computer controlled contenders, challenge your friends in the versus mode, and if they fear your superior skills, feel free to handicap the match. Darkstalkers 3 will challenge your skills as you fight to become the ruler of the night.

PlayStation 2 Classics

Red Faction – Featuring a sophisticated physics engine, five fully controllable vehicles, a variety of unique natural environments, and Volition’s proprietary Geo-Mod Technology, Red Faction is one of the most advanced second-generation titles ever released for the PlayStation 2. Geo-Mod technology supports the real time, arbitrary modification of the geometry that makes up the game’s environment. This means that players have the full ability to destroy whatever they want. Just point a weapon at an object or structure and shoot — total destruction always follows.

So Bejeweled 3 which was released on-disk for PS3 last year, -finally- makes it to the PSN as a download, whereas we also get some PSOne games and a PS2 Classic to round off the week. The demos are always good to see and being for Dragon's Dogma and Ninja Gaiden 3 is rather nice, since both games are probably games people -really- wanna try out without picking them up first. Also the Grease game. Yeah, I don't know.