As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Fourth Playstation Store Thread - NA: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Spring Sale

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I'm having a hard time deciding what to buy with my $50 on PSN credit for my PS3.
    I was thinking about Marvel Pinball, but besides that I'm stumped.

• BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    If you like pinball in general, Pinball Arcade and ZEN Pinball are both a lot of fun.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    If you want something random I would suggest Hamsterball. It is like Marble Madness but with hamsters in balls instead of marbles.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time deciding what to buy with my $50 on PSN credit for my PS3.
    I was thinking about Marvel Pinball, but besides that I'm stumped.

burnout paradise is $20, and its pretty much the best game. you can get the disc version cheaper than that if you look around, but whatever.

Ah_Pook on
    I already own Burnout Paradise on steam. :P
    And I don't really have a real fondness for pinball, but the marvel pinball game looked kinda cool, I guess.

dang, i just noticed that hot shots golf out of bounds is on PSN now. theres a bundle with the game, plus all the DLC for $20 (with plus, without i think its $25). i entirely bought it. the hot shots games are so great.

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    I already own Burnout Paradise on steam. :P
    And I don't really have a real fondness for pinball, but the marvel pinball game looked kinda cool, I guess.

The PC version never got Big Surf Island though, which was a fucking amazing piece of DLC.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    But is it worth buying the game all over again just to play it? :P

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I'm getting real close to getting three months of PS+.

One reason: May's free stuff is decent.

Second reason: It'll give me a reason to care about Monday night's conference. 18 bucks isn't that much for a little extra excitement on what I predict to be a fairly tame Sony showing. With skin in the game my mind will be racing. BC first party games streamed free? Some sort of crazy media thing with all sony's properties??? Free retail games for a month?

If it ends up being something lame like free themes or a beta unlock code for their next shooterbox I'll never trust them again, but I think this time I'm in. My last experience with PS+ saved me a bunch of money on games I was going to buy anyways (They better get PSX on Vita soon though!) and most importantly it didn't leave that dirty feeling you get when you pay for Live Gold. Sony does get the one thing that MS never gets; if you charge a person for paying online they'll resent you (and pay anyways if all their friends are on it) but getting people to pay a little for discounts and free shit? Sounds good to me!

Worked with Amazon and is starting to work with Sony. Both of them started out lame but figured it out after a year or two.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    I actually think it is but I'd suggest waiting for it to go on sale at some point. I don't imagine you're in any big rush.

And yeah Xenogears, PS+ is pretty great. I bought a full year last year mainly for the cloud savingas my PS3 died (I'd backed up all my saves with the free PSN hack month) and I haven't regretted it at all. Free Plants vs Zombies, Trine 2, Arc the Lad, Silent Hill, RE2 and Awesomenauts, as well as a ton of discounts and Journey a week early. Hopefully they've got something good at E3.

I actually think it is but I'd suggest waiting for it to go on sale at some point. I don't imagine you're in any big rush.

paradise was on sale on PSN for $8.99 for a month or so at one point, plus all the dlc was real cheap too. it would have been a real easy call then, but id still say its worth it now. then again, ive played that game to completion 3 separate times over the years so maybe im biased.

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular

And yeah Xenogears, PS+ is pretty great. I bought a full year last year mainly for the cloud savingas my PS3 died (I'd backed up all my saves with the free PSN hack month) and I haven't regretted it at all. Free Plants vs Zombies, Trine 2, Arc the Lad, Silent Hill, RE2 and Awesomenauts, as well as a ton of discounts and Journey a week early. Hopefully they've got something good at E3.

The way they teased it it better be something awesome.

They also basically hinted that a price increase was coming soon so this is a good time to reup. Fuck it, first thing tomorrow I'll get a card at best buy or where ever. The anticipation will be worth it alone, well that and Trine 2.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

paradise was on sale on PSN for $8.99 for a month or so at one point, plus all the dlc was real cheap too. it would have been a real easy call then, but id still say its worth it now. then again, ive played that game to completion 3 separate times over the years so maybe im biased.

Actually, since we're talking about PS+ at the moment, I just remembered that one of SCEE's free games last year was Paradise. I've still got it on my list, though I never bothered downloading it because I've already got the retail version.

The way they teased it it better be something awesome.

They also basically hinted that a price increase was coming soon so this is a good time to reup. Fuck it, first thing tomorrow I'll get a card at best buy or where ever. The anticipation will be worth it alone, well that and Trine 2.
    Let's just hope that he wasn't just referring to the change over from May's offers to June's.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Something something The Drop
    PlayStation Network

Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown: Complete Edition – The fifth entry in SEGA’s advanced, realistic fighting game series. Once again, the realtime level of visual detail and character animation has been upped to the most advanced levels, with next-generation lighting and detail on the fighters and environments. Players will be able to customize their characters by selecting from various patterned costumes and a wide range of attachable items that can be placed onto each fighter’s various body parts. Players will not only achieve victory by defeating highly-skilled opponents, but will also compete for prizes and earn in-game money through the match to buy many items at an in-game shop.

Bang Bang Racing – Bang Bang Racing is an arcade-style racing game focused not only on the speed but also on the technical driving skills. The intuitive control system and the exciting tracks provide endless fun for everyone in the family.

This racer delivers fast-paced racing around every corner and down every straight. Drive high-speed, pumped-up racing cars through cones, tires and exploding barrels! Be one step ahead of your competitors, finding shortcuts, repairing your car in the pitlane, and dominating your opponents from the top-down view.

Madagascar 3: The Video Game – Madagascar 3: The Video Game, players must help Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Gloria the Hippo, and Melman the Giraffe find a way home while working for a traveling circus. In single or two player co-op mode, players will travel across Europe to promote the circus by completing challenging and zany missions given by the Penguins, performing amazing publicity stunts on some of Europe’s most notable landmarks, and dazzling the crowd with fun circus acts fit only for a Madagascar-style circus extravaganza! All the Madagascar friends are along for the ride in this comedic circus adventure including King Julien, Maurice and Mort, the chimps Phil and Mason, the Penguins, plus their new circus pals Stefano the sea lion, Vitaly the Siberian tiger and Gia the jaguar.

PS Vita Demos

The Pinball Arcade

PS3 Demos

Bang Bang Racing
    The Pinball Arcade

minis

Icon’s 5-In-1 Minis Collection

Looks pretty poor, but this is pretty much the non-E3 stuff, obviously. Hopefully they'll add some stuff with that to supplement it.

Also, Tomba! comes out June 19th for $10. Just as a heads-up.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    This Ultimates thing is awesome. Got RDR and Infamous 2. Gonna get MK too.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Yeah I'll probably get the US PS+ sub too, for those deals. Well... I'm tempted by infamous 2 and burnout paradise. Sucks they didn't do the same for the UK store.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So do we expect some announcement during Sony's keynote to be "And login to Playstation Plus right now to try these features"? We haven't gotten our normally monthly freebies yet have we?

I caved and bought 3 months of US PS+. Now if only bestbuy would send me the damn code already

They've said that they're posting the PS Plus list on the blogs the morning after the conference, so I'm guessing not.

Nevermind, code received!

AAAAnd with that I bought Just Cause 2 and Infamous 2, both Ultimate Editions because damn, that'sa good price. Hopefully there's some great freebies or massive discounts through E3.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    This Ultimates thing is awesome. Got RDR and Infamous 2. Gonna get MK too.

What are you talking about?

Steam: offday
    US PS store has the Ultimate bundles (full game + all DLC) going cheap. 50% off if you're a PS+ member and 30% if you're a peasant.

I just bought $50 of PSN funds from bestbuy and bought infamous 2 Ultimate and JC2 because it was dirt cheap.

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    US PS store has the Ultimate bundles (full game + all DLC) going cheap. 50% off if you're a PS+ member and 30% if you're a peasant.

I just bought $50 of PSN funds from bestbuy and bought infamous 2 Ultimate and JC2 because it was dirt cheap.

I wish there wasn't such a rift between console pricing and Steam pricing, because I look at that sale and think, "Ehhhhhhhh, that's still kinda pricey." So spoiled.

steam_sig.png
    Vegan wrote: »

I wish there wasn't such a rift between console pricing and Steam pricing, because I look at that sale and think, "Ehhhhhhhh, that's still kinda pricey." So spoiled.

Oh definitely, especially coming from a PC background. But the price is still cheaper than the regular full price and given the added benefit of no discs, I bit.

AAAAnd with that I bought Just Cause 2 and Infamous 2, both Ultimate Editions because damn, that'sa good price. Hopefully there's some great freebies or massive discounts through E3.

Dear Sony, FUCK YOU AND YOUR FREEBIES TIMING!

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I almost bought Infamous 2, dodged a bullet there.

Pretty glad to be getting that and LBP2 free.

I actually bought both those this last month, I am unbelievably pissed right now.

And for those of us living in outside of the US get nothing new with PS Plus.

8->

create a US account, I did that and its great.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hmm, I guess I should have signed up for that three month PS+ thing those people were hinting about on Twitter? Or not. I'm still not sure.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    create a US account, I did that and its great.

I have. I just don't like the whole "You're not an American, you get nothing"

If it makes you feel better, I got Quest for Booty during the PSN debacle cause I had an EU account. It wasn't available here.

steam_sig.png

So wait, what is the "great deal" for getting the PS+ membership? I missed out and forgot to buy my 3 month subscription.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Lots of free games. But it doesn't seem like today was a cutoff for getting the sub.

steam_sig.png

Oh cool, hopefully it is just "if you buy it for June" then. Will have to wait till I'm on a faster internet connection to check out the list somewhere. Thanks for the info.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I need you guys to answer me this. Is the Pinball game better than Zen Pinball on my 3DS?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    I need you guys to answer me this. Is the Pinball game better than Zen Pinball on my 3DS?

i havent played zen pinball on the 3ds, but i dont think pinball arcade is better than zen pinball on the ps3. its solid, and having real tables is always cool, but i still like zen/marvel better overall. that said, if you like virtual pinball get both.

And for those of us living in outside of the US get nothing new with PS Plus.

8->

Uh, the original tweet hyping this up came from the SCEE store manager so there's no chance it's US exclusive.

when do those free games go active? I would have thought as soon as the conference ended but nope.