As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] Chaos in the Old World - Discussion and signups - the Horned Rat

• Options
    BlackRaiderBlackRaider Registered User regular
    Hey everyone, New here, though I had played in real life.

I would like to sign up.

• Options
    OverhamsterenOverhamsteren CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I should probably also sign up again.

Overhamsteren on
    make art until someone dies
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    One thing I've been wondering about, would anyone in here be interested in playing a game over chat in 1 or 2 sessions?

Also, Game 68 have started with Nought, 38thDoe, caliber, BoardGamer and Gordon858 playing :)

Overhamsteren on
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Depending on times etc I'd be up for a game in one sitting.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Same. "Over chat" ?

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    A group of us played a base set game by Vassal.
    Was cool & took 2 sessions.
    vassalengine.org

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    I don't believe vassal is updated for the expansion though. Not that we couldn't do base. I've never seen vassal though so just going on what ive heard.

• Options
    Tayrun wrote: »
    Same. "Over chat" ?

Awesome, same time zone and everything...

• Options
    By chat I mean getting in a chat 'room' be that Messenger, IRC, Facebook or whatever and then just playing the game using the same tools as for a forum game.

I am in GMT+1 timezone btw.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    I don't believe vassal is updated for the expansion though. Not that we couldn't do base. I've never seen vassal though so just going on what ive heard.

True. Only base set is available, as far as I've found.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    displaced quasardisplaced quasar WI, USARegistered User regular
    Just saw that CiTOW got added to ZunTzu. zuntzu.com/files.htm#C Only base game is available, but it has nice graphics

• Options
    Gorden858Gorden858 Registered User regular
    Thought you already removed us from the list when Overhamsteren invited us. But here again:
    Gorden858 wrote: »
    ... please sign me right back ...

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Fixed; sorry about that.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Still a three-way tie for most wins, eh? I'll sign back up, see if I can't get a fifth win =)

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    No-one has yet managed the elusive "Win with All Gods" title yet.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I'm apparently terrible with Morrslieb Tzeentch, and I punted away a sure win as Nurgle, otherwise I'd think my odds are decent, being one of just two people to win with HR so far. I doubt I'll ever get as good a setup as I did the last time with Nurgle, or get as insanely lucky as I did with HR.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Oh, and hey, Rius signed up, sweet! I guess that means I need to sign up once again, since he moved away. :/

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaalright, I think my life is calm enough to get back in on this :) . Sign me up again!

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    Yay! :D

• Options
    edited February 2012
    From Game 64:
    blahmcblah wrote: »

KHORNE WINS A VP VICTORY!

Congratulations pesky!

Board at game's end:

game64state39.png

A nice win, made even nicer by Khorne deliberately not picking the Bloodletter upgrade. The Expert deck did a pretty good job of pissing everyone off this time.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I think susan should be at the top of the signup list because he just came off inactive, and I believe mi-go hunter and BlackRaider are both newbies here.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Thanks for catching that; not sure how I missed BlackRaider. mi-go hunter has been in the unofficial games, and I was thinking he had done one of ours as well, but that seems not to be the case.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    We've had so many new players lately... If Overhamsteren hadn't taken three of them for Game 68, someone could've started another all-newbie game! I wonder how many people have come from MG repeatedly linking to us over at BGG, and how many (like me) randomly found the place through google.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    peskypesky Registered User regular
    lead astray by google

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Googled right into Mos Eisley.

• Options
    BelfastBelfast Penguins PenguinsRegistered User regular
    If you're doing a survey, I'm Google

aka "Mr Gold-in-Bean-Field"
  • Options
    Haha, I was just thinking out loud, so to speak, but I'm pretty surprised.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Huh, I'd assumed most new players were from Boardgamegeek.

• Options
    I found some of the games while looking for strategy guides and then started reading the games and got hooked.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Found rpthomps (host of the unofficial games) on the Fantasy Flight forums, when he offered to host a PBEM. I did not even know, back then, what the hell that was.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    rpthomps drafted me too but from boardgamegeek.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    It's extra interesting because I don't think the forums in general have many users who didn't come here through the comic (whether they still read it or not - personally I'm a lot more interested in the forums themselves than the comic they are attached to, these days), but this thread apparently draws in one "outsider" after another.

• Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    I have a quick question about Blood Frenzy. Do the hits from it remove figures like an upgraded Bloodletter do?

• Options
    It's up to Khorne whether he wants to use them as early hits alone, or combine them with hits from his figures (or other figures, in the case of upgraded Bloodletters). If he combines them, they lose their first strike nature.

I think the answer to your question is somewhere in there. :P

• Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Yes. Yes it is. Thank you. I didn't realize the card worked that way. It's kind of like a 1pp improved Bloodletter than, even if you don't have the upgrade.

• Options
    *0 PP. :P Also it works even if he has no figures in the region. There's a good reason you only get two copies.

• Options
    Eh what? Blood frenzy is base game so could never combine with morrslieb bloodletter upgrade so no reason to not do early hits? Also you have 4 of them in the deck according to handtracker? Confused hamster.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Say you only roll 1 hit with the Blood Frenzy and you want to kill a 2-defense warrior. Then you probably wouldn't use it for its early hits, but combine it with later hits from another figure or figures. I have no idea why I thought there were only two copies. Shows you how long it's been since I've played the base game!

Edit: I think I was thinking of Drain Power when it comes to awesome cards you only get two of.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Ah I see :)

• Options
    Krinn DNZKrinn DNZ Registered User regular
    Hello, folks. I'd like get in the queue for games. :)

This discussion has been closed.