Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

A Kinder, Gentler Social Entropy

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited September 2011 in Social Entropy++
nZWxL.jpg

Morality is a thing. I try not to be a jerk, most of the time. I find as I've gotten older it's easier to have uncharitable thoughts about people, and I find that I'm much quicker to judge people based on appearances and categorization than I have been in the past.

This is bugging me a lot, and I'm actively trying to stop myself from doing it.

These forums are a funny place - thanks to you cats I'm much more aware of bigotry than I've ever been. It has made things very awkward where I work, where co-workers and clients still feel comfortable making blatantly sexist/racist/transphobic/homophobic jokes and remarks. It's difficult to not "have a laugh" with your friends and instead be the disappointed finger-wagger.

So l want to hear about your experiences with everyone's favorite kind of morality: social morality, both on these parts and in your awful real lives.

To balance out any positive effects this thread might have, you can also post your best Yo Momma jokes:
Spoiler: