Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

RSS Stream

ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
edited April 2003 in ClubPA Library
I remeber a while back tycho mentioned that they put up an RSS stream. Does anyone have the link?

Maybe its just me, but this would have been really simple if there was a search form for the news...

meh.

Älphämönkëy on

• SpannerSpanner Registered User, ClubPA
    edited March 2003
    According to my handy dandy copy of Trillian, the info is:

Title: Penny Arcade
    Server: www.penny-arcade.com
    Port: 80

Burn the Land and Boil the Sea.
    You can't take the Sky from Me.
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2003
    "This is actually a good time to introduce our delectable RSS feed, as it will help notify you when the strip becomes available. It can be found at "http://www.penny-arcade.com/RSS.xml" - there are, no doubt, a plurality of options for parsing that file. The guy who wrote the feed made a reader for OSX called Kontent, which I mentioned before - the newest version, uploaded late last night, has support for ours. I'm not familiar with the Linux side of things, but I know that here on Windows the "Pro" version of Trillian has a cool little plug-in that will keep up with the site and notify you in an adorable little box. I believe programs of this type are called "Aggregators," if you do a search for that, you'll find riches beyond your wildest dreams. For example, Amphetadesk is free and cross platform, so there's a start. These are applications that can keep track of Penny Arcade and probably thousands of other sites. If you really like cats or something there's probably a cat one." Tycho, March 07 2003 - 7:23 AM

• ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited March 2003
  • wossNamewossName Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2003
    Everyone who's using Jabber should know about JabRSS. Just add jabrss@jabber.at to your roster, more information is here. If your client specifically supports "headline" type messages, this will probably come pretty close to what Tycho mentioned for Trillian. Otherwise you'll simply be notified via standard messages.

We may need you to play twing-twang.
  • Cruzn15Cruzn15 Registered User, ClubPA
    edited March 2003
    It seems like it's been down for a while.

• Cruzn15Cruzn15 Registered User, ClubPA
    edited April 2003
    I'm using Trillian Pro and it used to work for me - like two weeks ago - but it hasn't since. My setup matches Spanner and the page exists when I click to view it so what the hell is the problem? Why would it magically stop working?

Edit: Nevermind. Got it to work. I just had to delete it and retype the details. Peculiar.