As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EA Account: Wait, I didn't play that game...

HewnHewn Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I just logged into my EA Account to see it says my Gamertag, via Xbox Live, has been playing games that I don't even own.

Now there's no evidence my Xbox Live account has been jeopardized (no unsolicited purchases) or any disruption in my Xbox Live account. My gamerscore, for example, shows no addition that would come from somebody playing FIFA 11 on my account.

In addition to those issues, I just go an e-mail from EA saying I registered for FIFA 11 on the PS3 (with my email address and PSN matching my Xbox gamertag -- I don't own a PS3). What the hell is going on here?

I've taken the steps to change all my account info, but is the EA Origin network going wild or what? EA service is, naturally, slow to respond so I was curious if anybody else can shed some light.

Steam: hewn
Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
Hewn on

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    I was getting a lot of emails a week or two ago from Origin asking if I wanted to change my password. When I tried to look into it through support, I could neither get a chat going nor get someone on the phone (~20 minute wait). I've stopped getting the emails now, but I think that there may have been a mass attempt at getting into people's Origin accounts given the apparent hit on support requests.

It would appear that your account was one that was compromised.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!