As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Dog Got Put Down Today.

ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday ArmadilloI'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Social Entropy++
So my family's dog will be 18 come March and she is getting OLD! She's deaf, has an enlarged heart and recently has lost control of her bladder. So apparently she now has to wear diapers. I didn't even know they sold dog diapers, but they do. It is a thing that happens.

So let us discuss old age and the natural, awful decay of our mortal vessels.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
Zonugal on

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    "...Turns out he was trying to fuck my dog."

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My kids have to wear diapers.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    okay so why are you wearing a diaper

I am merely a man after all.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    this one time our neighbour's cat had these, abscesses? under his skin? so to get the pus out they had to put in a few plastic tubes into his back

he looked like a cyborg-cat

he's fine now, he is the best cat

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i lie awake every night thinking about death

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Reminds me of the time my grandparents' cat got sick and would randomly go into uncontrolled, spastic episodes running around trying to get away from the diarrhea pouring out of its butt.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    old dog used to poop in her sleep

not diarrhea or anything, just doggy logs

and then when it advanced to pudding shits we had enough of that and it was time to put the old gal down

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    We don't need another poop thread!

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    my brave little cat that lived thrice her life expectancy. shitty kidneys from the get-go. dragged her little butt back from the dead four times in nine years.

bye elmo, you were a good elmo.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Reminds me of the time my grandparents' cat got sick and would randomly go into uncontrolled, spastic episodes running around trying to get away from the diarrhea pouring out of its butt.

that sounds hilarious

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    My kids have to wear diapers.

That made me laugh more than it should have.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    We don't need another poop thread!

oh but muse, the poop tales we could share with you

they'd bring poop tears to your eye

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    all of my dogs died of cancer, while all my sister's pets died of eating poison, except one dog that ran away and died

did you know that if you cook with teflon it will kill parakeets

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Right before we had to put one of my dogs down, she let out the biggest stream of liquid poo.

Fouled the whole house up. Then she tried to bite me when I was putting her in the car.

If I remember right, her kidney's had gone at that point. There was nothing we could do, and had to put her down.

I dug her grave in the backyard in 110 degree weather.

She was good dog.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    My dog is eleven, and I'm dreading the day that her age actually starts catching up with her. It kind of already has, but she's still fairly perky and entirely healthy.

• Options
    take care of her teeth

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Oh man, I thought this would involve dragging poopy butt hilarity, complete with animated gifs, but it's just sad :cry:

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    My ex and her family had to put their dog down this past week.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    My dog Fizzgig is almost 2.
    403674721.jpg
    Oh, it's going to be sad when he passes away.
    Until then, I'm going to rub my face on his face so much.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    be really, really careful with dogs and rabbits if your lawn gets sprayed

Don't let them outside for a few days, or monitor the pesticide people to make absolutely sure they don't spray where the animals are supposed to be

because sometimes they forget
    and then your sister comes home from her piano recital

Paladin on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    My dog has requested I be buried with her.

It's a bit worrisome. Their coffins are so tiny.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    William Shatner's dog(s?) got poisoned recently, because some new caretaker at the house while he was away put some snail poison stuff out on the yard.

• Options
    peticanoepeticanoe Registered User regular
    My uncle's dog got some kind of disease in its hindquarters that ended with paralysis and constant pain. Dog was on crazy painkillers, had to wear a diaper and had a little wheeled cart for her back end.

Watching that dog drag her ass around was one of the saddest things I ever saw, especially when she would go too fast and tip the cart over but continue to drag forward.

comics monday to friday
    Rolo wrote:
    what's the deal with nerds and cthulu
    when C'thulhu rises all those jocks will finally get what's coming to them
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    I miss my dog a bunch.
    She made it to 16.
    aeFDNl.jpg
    Then too many things were happening with her body. Basically we were left with 3 options.
    1. Pay a several thousand dollars to have a very very low chance at improving her life
    2. Let her live in pain
    3. Put her down.

We cooked her up a ton of bacon (her fav treat) to have beforehand.
    I didn't like putting her down. She was so scared. Getting teary just thinking bout it...

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote:
    take care of her teeth

This, this is very important.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    my cat made it to 19, she had gone from 10 pounds to 7. losing 30% of your body weight is pretty crazy

putting down a pet is the most surreal feeling. this thing in your hands is alive, and it won't be an hour later.

Jars on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Beasteh wrote:
    i lie awake every night thinking about death

I do this as well.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    i shouldnt be scared because i accept that death is a part of life and it happens to us all

but at 3am it doesnt comfort me

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    I lie awake thinking about going on cool adventures and conquering aliens. death? thats some lame pondering, dude

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    stop goin to bed at 3am

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    my last cat ran away from home because he had a bunch of mental issues

he now lives at a house down the road

makes me super sad to think about

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    some juvenile posts

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I do not think I will ever have another pet

it is too hard to let them go

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    my family's dog had to be put down yesterday :(

he was 14 and had a whole buncha issues so it was for the best

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    TLH wrote:

They did this in an episode of House. They had a logical explanation for it. I don't remember it now, but it was something to do with the people being warmer due to circulation or something as they were getting sicker, and the cat liked laying on warmer surfaces.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    i shouldnt be scared because i accept that death is a part of life and it happens to us all

but at 3am it doesnt comfort me

I avoid this sort of thing by letting the sounds of stand-up comedy lull me to sleep.

b1ehrMM.gif