As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fringe thread for its handful of fans.

• Options
    CorporateGoonCorporateGoon Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote:
    The 'walter nailing his own head' scene was ....pretty intense. I knew what was going to happen when she looked in that room and I honestly wasnt sure how far in the process he was going to have completed before she stopped him.

Finally got around to watching the episode today, and that part just made me gaaaahhhhhhhhh.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I keep being one week behind. The partial reset of stuff is confusing me sometimes. Like on 'One Day in October'
    Alt-Broyles is alive? Buh?

• Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote:
    The 'walter nailing his own head' scene was ....pretty intense. I knew what was going to happen when she looked in that room and I honestly wasnt sure how far in the process he was going to have completed before she stopped him.

The sound of the hammer hitting the nail creeped me the hell out.

1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    captaink wrote:
    I keep being one week behind. The partial reset of stuff is confusing me sometimes. Like on 'One Day in October'
    Alt-Broyles is alive? Buh?

heh

yeah

that is the real team-up I want to see though

speaking of changes
    Is the thing about Olivia killing her step-dad new?

I do not remember this happening but I haven't seen every episode

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote:
    speaking of changes
    Is the thing about Olivia killing her step-dad new?

I do not remember this happening but I haven't seen every episode
    Yeah, before she said she shot him but he lived.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    She might also just have been posturing to put on a air of badass-ery around Fauxlivia.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    She might also just have been posturing to put on a air of badass-ery around Fauxlivia.

I doubt that though. Ourlivia isn't much of a liar.

The changes to the timeline are confusing to me because a lot of it is minor stuff, so when I hear something different, I'm not sure if it's just because I don't remember, or if they actually changed it. If I even notice at all.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I dunno man, she really hates Fauxlivia.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    No new episode next week. The ending this week wasn't too cliffhangerish, so it's okay.
    Peter sure can't catch a break. First he doesn't exist. Then he's butt naked in a cold ass lake. And when he gets back to civilization, his girlfriend has no idea who he is.

I wonder if they'll do a Christmas episode where the Observer takes him on a tour to show him all the things that are different now that he never existed.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Just got caught up.
    YAY Peter is back! Also as soon as Walter first saw Peter's reflection in the TV I had a feeling that Peter was going to pull a Dr. Manhattan.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    This. Show. Is. Fucking. GREAT

YES YES YES YES THIS IS WHAT I WANT

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So I had an extremely bizarre dream last night where Fringe did a crossover episode with Warehouse 13 and 30 Rock.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TLHTLH Registered User regular
    In the past two weeks I have caught up from episode 2 of Season 3 to this current episode.

HOLY. SHIT.

Also, I assume now the beginning of Season 5 will have Walter missing for some reason? Is that the pattern here?

• Options
    Stupid rained-out baseball game screwing up the scheduling.
    TLH wrote:
    In the past two weeks I have caught up from episode 2 of Season 3 to this current episode.

HOLY. SHIT.

Also, I assume now the beginning of Season 5 will have Walter missing for some reason? Is that the pattern here?

I think the pattern requires a character to go missing in two consecutive seasons, so they won't be playing Where's Wally? until the start of season six... which they will totally make.

• Options
    Six seasons and a movie, you guys!

• Options
    jesus christ I love this fucking show

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    It kinda bugged me that
    the shapeshifter changed her clothes so fast
    but otherwise, it was an okay episode.

• Options
    I mean

after a while they'd get like

Agent 47-level good at that shit.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    even though I don't like Peter much as a character
    I liked how quickly he realized that he was in a new timeline

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Really not liking this entire new timeline thing.

It's like hey, fuck the last two seasons.

• Options
    Except it's really not!

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    Okay, now I'm sort of 50-50 as to whether it's a new timeline, or just a different universe. I think maybe we need an Observer episode so someone can explain what the hell is going on.

• Options
    E^(i Pi)+1=0E^(i Pi)+1=0 hellRegistered User regular
    A handful? I think you're being too generous.

Love me.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    this was a really good episode

I love Stephen Root

I wonder whether
    Peter will ever go back to the original timeline, or if he/we is/are stuck in this new timeline. the next episode preview seems to hint that he's going to try to go back at least

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    this was a really good episode

I love Stephen Root

I wonder whether
    Peter will ever go back to the original timeline, or if he/we is/are stuck in this new timeline. the next episode preview seems to hint that he's going to try to go back at least

They've been sticking in a number of little expository bits that show how the amber universe is subtly different from the blue universe, and there's all that business with the translucent shapeshifters that's going to need a few episodes to wrap up, so I figure the show's going to stay with it. Otherwise, it's all been kind of a waste.
    Of course, that doesn't mean that Peter won't return to the blue universe -if indeed the amber universe is a separate universe and not just a different timeline. But, they could always go off the deep end and have the amber and blue universes be separate, as well as introducing a new timeline in the blue universe wherein Peter never existed. I don't think that they will, but I wouldn't put it past them.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    So am i the only one who thinks that this amber universe is actually the "original" universe.

I mean the rift in the two dimensions happen when Walter crossed to save Peter in Walternates dimension, yea.

But apparently the Observer saving Peter from downing allowed his presence to destabilization the dimensional walls between the 2 worlds.

So to save it, Peter had to use the machine to fix it, IE: disappear from the point of the destabilization, that point being where he was supposed to drown.

So in conclusion, it all the Observers fault really. Like Utau - The Watcher, the cant do their fucking jobs and just observe/watch!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    I'm not sure how much advanced knowledge the producers had about the scheduling, but that really didn't seem like a cliffhangerish enough ending for them to go out on. With a seven or eight week break, I think they probably needed something more than
    a Nina we know almost nothing about injecting an Olivia we know very little about with something (cortexiphan maybe) for a purpose that hasn't even been remotely alluded to.

• Options
    Science has no price tag!

• Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    Oh hey, my room mate got into this show. Watched a few episodes myself. One of these days I'll have to watch it from the beginning, since it looked pretty interesting.

• Options
    I'm not sure how much advanced knowledge the producers had about the scheduling, but that really didn't seem like a cliffhangerish enough ending for them to go out on. With a seven or eight week break, I think they probably needed something more than
    a Nina we know almost nothing about injecting an Olivia we know very little about with something (cortexiphan maybe) for a purpose that hasn't even been remotely alluded to.
    I think it's a perfectly fine way to go on break. An Olivia who is finally question the effects of the cortexiphan trials, a syringe obviously full of cortexiphan, a Nina who only does things out of necessity. The cortexiphan is the only thing keeping Olivia alive. Calling it now.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I think it's a perfectly fine way to go on break. An Olivia who is finally question the effects of the cortexiphan trials, a syringe obviously full of cortexiphan, a Nina who only does things out of necessity. The cortexiphan is the only thing keeping Olivia alive. Calling it now.

It just didn't do it for me. Perhaps the rained-out World Series game screwed up the schedule. Last season they went on break after the ninth episode, and this was only the seventh, so I figure they thought they had at least one more to go. Especially since the preview for the next episode shows all kinds of stuff going on, including
    this guy:
    drj.png
    just hanging out, being all not cut in half and so forth, but no shots of Nina whatsoever.

CorporateGoon on
  • Options
  • Options
    tonight's episode
    I'm really wondering why Peter thinks there's a world for him to go back to

but I am super stoked for the return of Mister Jones

also Olivia knows the face of the man who's going to kill her - and now she knows she is going to die (soon??)

this show is so dang good

• Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    I'm so sad I fell behind on this again.

I'll look into catching up once I move back to my apartment I think.

I miss my babies :c

• Options
    tonight's episode
    I'm really wondering why Peter thinks there's a world for him to go back to

but I am super stoked for the return of Mister Jones

also Olivia knows the face of the man who's going to kill her - and now she knows she is going to die (soon??)

this show is so dang good
    DAVID ROBERT JONES MOTHERFUCKER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :D

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Having to explain the fringe back story to someone who's never watched it is almost impossible at this point.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    It really, really is. Especially if you're avoiding spoilers.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    "So this Peter guy doesn't belong in this world?"

Well.... yes and no.

"OK, but Olivia can travel between them?"

Well.... kinda.

"And the redhead is the bad Olivia?"

Well...

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    "There's two universes, and they can cross over, and Peter used to be from Universe A but was raised in Universe 1 and then history got changed so that he died but now he's back for some reason we don't know and he's trying to get back to a universe where he didn't die but we're not sure whether or not that universe still exists. Universe 1 Olivia used to have mind powers but apparently doesn't anymore.

We still have no idea about the weird bald dudes."

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    That Nissan Leaf product placement was amazing it's terribleness.

Also this episode was really good. I am glad Fringe is back. Still so much crazy things going on that we still don't know.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter