As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fringe thread for its handful of fans.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    You could come over to my house and watch them on DVR, though!

A Short Story About Love
    Ha, I was right! Peter didn't have a home universe to go to, he's been in home universe the whole time.

I'm not crazy about "science can't explain love" but overall it was another great Fringe episode.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    That ending

I squeed so hard

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Weaver wrote: »
    That ending

I squeed so hard

This is me.

Also, this show fell to a .9 in the ratings last night.

Fuck.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
    I'm not a Nielsen box haver, so I purposefully watch this show on DVR instead of live.

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My mom's place has one.

But they don't really ever watch TV?

also, everyone in the world was watching basketball last night.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • CorporateGoonCorporateGoon Registered User regular
    Fortunately, the ratings don't 100% determine the fate of the show. The production company may try to cut a deal with the network so they can bump up the episode total to 100 and get some of that sweet, sweet syndication money. It might not work, but it's the end of March and they haven't definitively said it's done at the end of the season, so that's encouraging.

As for the latest episode:
    I was wondering if they'd get around to explaining what the beacon was. They may not have gone terribly in-depth, but at least they didn't totally forget about it like some other shows might have.

I'm really happy that Peter has his hands on some Observer technology. I wonder if we'll get some crazy reverse-engineering based plots.

2dtr87s.png
    I wonder how long before
    Other people start to reclaim their original memories, and if Jones already knew what was going on.

I wonder how long before
    Other people start to reclaim their original memories, and if Jones already knew what was going on.
    Every time I see him on screen, I always think David Robert-motherfuckin'-Jones.

2dtr87s.png
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    It is unfortunate to see that
    Gaeta is still making poor life decisions.

But I'm still happy to see him.

Bear is Driving on
    This episode.

Nice throwback.

Shitty way to move forward.

Also yeah, fuck Gaeta.

Don't blame Gaeta. That chick tricked him with her carnal manipulations and he fell right into her vagenda.
    That boat at the end sure was creepy. I guess without Peter they didn't stop the Chinese medicine gang or kill that spliced-up monster that mated with Charlie.

Don't blame Gaeta. That chick tricked him with her carnal manipulations and he fell right into her vagenda.
    That boat at the end sure was creepy. I guess without Peter they didn't stop the Chinese medicine gang or kill that spliced-up monster that mated with Charlie.

I love Walter.

They made an FBI hat and jacket for a cow. That's just fantastic.

DAT AStrid

Kinda middling episode this week. But next week...
    Fighting Observers with future Desmond? I'm not sure how it's possible to fight them, but I'm very excited to find out.

Really, domesticated badgers as pets?

Really, domesticated badgers as pets?
    The alternate universe is a strange place, indeed. I'm astonished that they made a whole stack of props for that one gag... or that you can already buy that stuff.

Just watched the new episode.
    I have to admit, I was scared for a second that alt-Broyles was going to kill himself rather than let be put on trial for being a traitor

wish we could see more interaction between Walter and Walternate

it's weird seeing Nina desperate. "Jones will come for me"? really, Nina?

also next week
    I'm not sure I actually like the idea of future tyrant Observers. I liked them as dispassionate catalogers of history.

I'm not sure I actually like the idea of future tyrant Observers. I liked them as dispassionate catalogers of history.

I haven't seen the "next week" preview but...
    future tyrant Observers are still better than porcupine people.

what's wrong with porcupine Hulks??

So, that was an episode.

it was definitely a pretty interesting episode
    I thought it was interesting how the "restored" Walter seemed halfway been Walter and Walternate. He definitely seemed more eccentric than the Walternate we've seen, but also more calculating than Walter normally is. Disintegrating the Massive Dynamic building was pretty amazing.

I'm really curious why the future overlord Observers are more emotional than regular historian Observers.

I did like Henrietta from what we've seen of her, but trading Desmond for Peter is never a trade I'll be happy with. Or losing Olivia, for that matter.

edited April 2012
    No Anna Torv is almost a deal-breaker.

but holy shit it's Peter's kid.

quick edit: I am...unhappy.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    edited April 2012
    I liked realistic CG Leonard Nimoy a lot more than weird sort of cell-shaded CG Leonard Nimoy. But, I can't help but feel like they could've done so much more with the William Bell character if he'd been played by a younger actor who wasn't mostly-retired.

And why isn't Bell dead? I'm pretty sure they mentioned that he'd died in the current timeline.

CorporateGoon on
    edited April 2012
    I keep wanting to make
    Dollhouse
    jokes regarding the latest episode.
    Because sudden jump to future war haha for no apparent (yet) reason

Bear is Driving on
    too bad Dollhouse was terrible.

2dtr87s.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    good news, nerds!
    Low ratings be damned — cult favorite Fringe will finish its multi-universe journey with a 13-episode final season. As expected, Fox has closed a deal to renew the sci-fi drama for a fifth season. While a dismal ratings performer in live viewing, Fringe has been a big DVR gainer and a favorite of critics as well as Fox brass. “Fringe has been a point of pride for me, I share the fans’ passion for the show,” Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said in January at TCA, where he also made it clear that a renewal hinged on renegotiating the deal with producing studio Warner Bros TV and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot at a lower license fee. “We lose a lot of money on the show,” Reilly said. “We are not in the business of losing money, so we’re trying to figure out if there a number at which we can continue with the series.” After lengthy negotiations over the past couple of months, the two sides came to an agreement, giving the show and its fans a proper ending. “We are thrilled and beyond grateful that Fox – and our fans – have made the impossible possible: Fringe will continue into a fifth season that will allow the series to conclude in a wild and thrilling way,” series co-creator/executive producer JJ Abrams said.

That's easy enough to live with.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Yay!

mkc.png
    That's pretty good news. I'm much happier with being given a full season to finish the stories, than worry about things like what happened with Firefly, or Farscape.

holy shit,

never make your TV series a single word that starts with F

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    hey I'm a Nielson viewer now

don't watch this show but I'm gonna say I do cause times is rough and all us small-show fans gotta stick together

Bless you, Skull Man.

Also, I am pretty stoked for the final season.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I can breathe again. Though bittersweet, because that means there will be a point in my life where there is no more Walter Bishop.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    There's only one appropriate response to that news:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FUYELukEs

So at the end of this episode,
    I was totally expecting another Peter to materialize, still in the machine, when they shut it down.

So at the end of this episode,
    I was totally expecting another Peter to materialize, still in the machine, when they shut it down.

Haha, that would have been incredible.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Speaking of JJ shows, does anyone know if Alcatraz is going to continue?

BLM - ACAB