As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Youtube/Fox Republican Debate

FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understandingGNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
edited September 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Alright, here we go. Perry basically just changed his answer on Social Security.

Romney got a sick burn on him.

Edit: A link would be a good idea. I am stupid http://www.youtube.com/foxnews

Fencingsax on

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    30 minutes in, and Ronald Reagan is finally mentioned.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Oh, Herman Cain, you so crazy.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Gingrich is unveiling a new Contract With America! This is amazing!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    The crowd is... applauding that we're all screwed?

Lol, Newt is pushing a NEW Contract with America.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    edited September 2011
    So Newt, are we gonna be raising tax rates back to the 90s rates then?

First Answer: Abolish the federal budget of education. Great.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Are you going to screw yourself out of a job again Newt?

And that's why Governor Johnson is a Republican.

Actually, the STUDENTS are the customers. Asshole.

Oh and BTW, http://www.youtube.com/foxnewschannel?feature=ticker for the debate. It's good for a laugh, as long as none of these loonies are ever allowed anywhere near the white house.

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I'm excited about spending a night with that Chilean model and a 9.99 pizza.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    Man, Perry is trying to smack the shit out of Romney.

edited September 2011
    Republican crowd applauds abolishing the department of education.
    Then they applaud privatizing schools and making the goverment just give Pell Grants to everyone.
    Not sure how THAT works.

Then Ron Paul points out they just passed No Child Left Behind a few years ago. LOL oh Ron Paul.

Lol, points to Romney for his 'nice try' burn on Perry.

Kana on
    I love how Bachmann gives a new reason that she got into politics, which is always whatever she's talking about at this particular minute.

edited September 2011
    Bachmann wants her fence.

And a smack on Perry.

Fencingsax on
    Bachmann wants to build a 2,000-mile fence. Wow.

Fun question setup: Big Business or hating on illegal immigrants?

• iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Perry is like a small child up here. "MOMMY, I SAW MITT HANGING OUT WITH OBAMA AND YOU TOLD HIM NOT TO. <SMUG>"

@Thanatos her fence is quite possibly the most realistic job-creating plan I've heard from the GOP so far.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    huh i totally didn't remember that there was a debate tonight.

we need our primary thread back

Perry is like a small child up here. "MOMMY, I SAW MITT HANGING OUT WITH OBAMA AND YOU TOLD HIM NOT TO. <SMUG>"

To be honest, it's really his only strategy right now, because he is about to get hammered on.

Thanatos wrote:
    Bachmann wants to build a 2,000-mile fence. Wow.

She also wants to ban all government tax money that goes towards the children of illegal immigrants. AKA, citizens.

• wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    Drink every time someone says "magnet" when talking about immigration.

edited September 2011
    It's kinda sad, you know Romney doesn't actually believe that bullshit, but it's a cheap way to hit Perry so he's jumping all over it.

It's funny how fox news has basically decided that the debate is just between Perry and Romney, with only the only occasional mention of other candidates.

Perry sounding surprisingly sane for once. Other candidates all salivating.

Kana on
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    huh i totally didn't remember that there was a debate tonight.

we need our primary thread back

Sadly I don't think we can handle a Primary thread, so this is the thread we deserve.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    oohhh. wow that's some seriously mixed response to perry's answer.

• s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    Rick Perry lecturing about "having a heart"?

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Also, what? Magnet?

Drink every time someone says "magnet" when talking about immigration.

You're about 6 or so behind.

• s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    But, actually, kudos to Perry for sticking to his guns on that one.

Wow, the republicans REALLY hate brown people.

• wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    "Senator Santorum, STFU or GTFO."

EDIT:
    Magus` wrote:
    Also, what? Magnet?

They kept using the term "magnet" to describe things that attracted illegal immigrants.

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    Perry gives a remotely compassionate, thoughtful answer and the crowd boos.

Ugh.

ezek1t.jpg
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I really kinda love the "Don't build a fence, because it will make it harder for people to go Galt."

At least he knows his supporters.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    LOL, I'm actually rather enjoying this moderator. He may be a Fox News schill, but at least he's calling Ron Paul on his stupidity.

And Ron Paul gets the solution to illegal immigration: make the country so shitty, that Mexico starts to look good.

i am now resisting the urge to do a google search for 'santorum'.

alot.

• Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Perry's "I think it makes more sense to educate these kids, Fuck you if you disagree" makes me <3

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    Do they know that Gary Johnson managed to sneak onto the stage?

• Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Is heartlessness a side effect of the HPV vaccine?

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    Perry's "I think it makes more sense to educate these kids, Fuck you if you disagree" makes me <3
    Yeah, set your watches now, because that's the one time Perry is going to be right.

I mean, if the rest of his platform wasn't loathsome, it would actually be something to vote for him about.