Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Of Might and Wing, A MRE Guide: Dragons (dragon questions wanted)

11213141517

Posts

  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    You will likely die around hydra, and if that doesn't kill you well, that's actually impressive. Those fucks are poisonous like whoa.

    challenge: accepted

    Can I have your stuff when you die? If the hydra don't get you, the unicorn will.

    Sure

    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I'm typing on an iPad (it actually corrected the p)and I don't word so good. In summary, go suck a unicorn.

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    You will likely die around hydra, and if that doesn't kill you well, that's actually impressive. Those fucks are poisonous like whoa.

    challenge: accepted

    Can I have your stuff when you die? If the hydra don't get you, the unicorn will.

    Sure

    Yessss!

  • VicVic Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    I'm typing on an iPad (it actually corrected the p)and I don't word so good. In summary, go suck a unicorn.

    challenge: accepted

  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    typin' on tablets/phones leads to so many dang typos

    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    I'm typing on an iPad (it actually corrected the p)and I don't word so good. In summary, go suck a unicorn.

    nah, I hear they only like virgin girls.

    and to the best of my knowledge, I am neither.

  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    I'm typing on an iPad (it actually corrected the p)and I don't word so good. In summary, go suck a unicorn.

    nah, I hear they only like virgin girls.

    and to the best of my knowledge, I am neither.

    That's just what they want you to think

    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Vic wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    I'm typing on an iPad (it actually corrected the p)and I don't word so good. In summary, go suck a unicorn.

    challenge: accepted

    Can I have your stuff after the unicorn gores you?

  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    I'm typing on an iPad (it actually corrected the p)and I don't word so good. In summary, go suck a unicorn.

    nah, I hear they only like virgin girls.

    and to the best of my knowledge, I am neither.

    That's just what they want you to think

    then they are doing a pretty good job of it.

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    I'm typing on an iPad (it actually corrected the p)and I don't word so good. In summary, go suck a unicorn.

    nah, I hear they only like virgin girls.

    and to the best of my knowledge, I am neither.

    That's just what they want you to think

    People also think they're horses. They're more like a fey goat.

  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    The unicorn is a wily beast

    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    On an unrelated topic, I fucking love dragons. I built my own (actually almost balanced!) class back in 3rd edition called Dragonpriest that was basically a druid with a dragon companion and dragon shapeshifting, just because DRAGONS.

    I guess unicorns are ok though

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Unicorns are rad. I also like flying horses.

  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 Registered User regular
    say "fey goat" as fast as you can.

    out loud. preferably in public while pointing at random passersby.

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Vic wrote:
    On an unrelated topic, I fucking love dragons. I built my own (actually almost balanced!) class back in 3rd edition called Dragonpriest that was basically a druid with a dragon companion and dragon shapeshifting, just because DRAGONS.

    I guess unicorns are ok though

    There was a class in the draconomicon. For 3.5 that was basically that.

  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    say "fey goat" as fast as you can.

    out loud. preferably in public while pointing at random passersby.

    large_faygo_at100.jpg
    ?????

    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Vic wrote:
    On an unrelated topic, I fucking love dragons. I built my own (actually almost balanced!) class back in 3rd edition called Dragonpriest that was basically a druid with a dragon companion and dragon shapeshifting, just because DRAGONS.

    I guess unicorns are ok though

    There was a class in the draconomicon. For 3.5 that was basically that.

    They should have built it 3 years earlier!

    Dammit DotB this is not the MSPA thread.

  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 Registered User regular
    say "fey goat" as fast as you can.

    out loud. preferably in public while pointing at random passersby.

    large_faygo_at100.jpg
    ?????

    I was thinking more along the lines of cussing with a thick accent, but for simply sounding nuts, that is acceptable.

  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    fey goat just sounds more or less like how I pronounce faygo, minus a t

    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 Registered User regular
    yes, well, say it with a 't', and you have cussing with thick, indistinguishable accent.

    at least in my mind

  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Oh no for sure I got that too

    i'm just bein' silly for the sake of it

    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Vic wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Vic wrote:
    On an unrelated topic, I fucking love dragons. I built my own (actually almost balanced!) class back in 3rd edition called Dragonpriest that was basically a druid with a dragon companion and dragon shapeshifting, just because DRAGONS.

    I guess unicorns are ok though

    There was a class in the draconomicon. For 3.5 that was basically that.

    They should have built it 3 years earlier!

    Dammit DotB this is not the MSPA thread.

    I forget when that came out. I couLd check, but I would rather not.

  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    There we go, caulk bite to the rescue! The ones for fourth edition are neat, but something seems lacking in them.

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    RE: African dragons, they exist, tend to be rarer and more reclusive due to the number of other things there. same with Australia. places with fewer large predator animals, the better.
    Wait, you're saying that the dragons were chased out of Australia by drop bears and death spiders?
    Or does Australia hold even worse horrors that the common man doesn't know about? Something terrible enough to make it an unpleasant place even for dragon kind?

    Level with us, Australia is actually a slumbering Tyrant Dragon of titanic proportions, right?

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    see317 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    RE: African dragons, they exist, tend to be rarer and more reclusive due to the number of other things there. same with Australia. places with fewer large predator animals, the better.
    Wait, you're saying that the dragons were chased out of Australia by drop bears and death spiders?
    Or does Australia hold even worse horrors that the common man doesn't know about? Something terrible enough to make it an unpleasant place even for dragon kind?

    Level with us, Australia is actually a slumbering Tyrant Dragon of titanic proportions, right?

    Well, that I can not be sure, but from limited searches we have done we have reason to suspect a slumbering Titan. As well, there does seem to be a number of things there of demonic or fey origin that just seem like a hassle to deal with. I would need to consult a regional expert to give you full detail, but it does not seem like the easiest place to set up a liar.

  • FearghaillFearghaill Midgard I hear some secret agents only get cars.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    see317 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    RE: African dragons, they exist, tend to be rarer and more reclusive due to the number of other things there. same with Australia. places with fewer large predator animals, the better.
    Wait, you're saying that the dragons were chased out of Australia by drop bears and death spiders?
    Or does Australia hold even worse horrors that the common man doesn't know about? Something terrible enough to make it an unpleasant place even for dragon kind?

    Level with us, Australia is actually a slumbering Tyrant Dragon of titanic proportions, right?

    no, that's Madagascar.

    Fearghaill on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    RE: African dragons, they exist, tend to be rarer and more reclusive due to the number of other things there. same with Australia. places with fewer large predator animals, the better.
    Wait, you're saying that the dragons were chased out of Australia by drop bears and death spiders?
    Or does Australia hold even worse horrors that the common man doesn't know about? Something terrible enough to make it an unpleasant place even for dragon kind?

    Level with us, Australia is actually a slumbering Tyrant Dragon of titanic proportions, right?

    no, that's Madagascar.

    That sis why they close their boarders to easily. Lest their island get sick.

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Fearghaill wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    RE: African dragons, they exist, tend to be rarer and more reclusive due to the number of other things there. same with Australia. places with fewer large predator animals, the better.
    Wait, you're saying that the dragons were chased out of Australia by drop bears and death spiders?
    Or does Australia hold even worse horrors that the common man doesn't know about? Something terrible enough to make it an unpleasant place even for dragon kind?

    Level with us, Australia is actually a slumbering Tyrant Dragon of titanic proportions, right?

    no, that's Madagascar.

    That sis why they close their boarders to easily. Lest their island get sick.

    Man, it'd be terrible enough to be around a Tyrant Dragon waking up healthy, but being around one when it gets out of bed with a head cold?
    Thank you Madagascar.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Madagascar awakens then sneezes killing Kenya.

    They're near by right? I am bad at geography.

  • ChimeraChimera Monster girl Oklahoma City, OKRegistered User regular
    Close enough....

    africa.gif

    97v889.png
    3Ds: 2423 - 3932 - 2876 Wii U: Chimera.Monster Steam: chimera.monster Skype: chimera.monster
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    All i know about kenya i learned from power thirst ads and Weebl stuff

  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    yeah that sneeze could hit kenya

    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • ChimeraChimera Monster girl Oklahoma City, OKRegistered User regular
    Dear Dr. Dinosaur M. Melding,

    Do people in Kenya run so insanely fast due to the number of man eating dragons that are there? Is it safe to say that natural selection has only left fastest of the indigenous people?

    Sincerely, "Not from Kenya."

    97v889.png
    3Ds: 2423 - 3932 - 2876 Wii U: Chimera.Monster Steam: chimera.monster Skype: chimera.monster
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote:
    Dear Dr. Dinosaur M. Melding,

    Do people in Kenya run so insanely fast due to the number of man eating dragons that are there? Is it safe to say that natural selection has only left fastest of the indigenous people?

    Sincerely, "Not from Kenya."

    No, that'd be silly.

    There's almost no dragons in Kenya. It's the Manticores, and the rare Chimera you have to worry about there. plus lions and tigers.

  • ChimeraChimera Monster girl Oklahoma City, OKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Melding wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Dear Dr. Dinosaur M. Melding,

    Do people in Kenya run so insanely fast due to the number of man eating dragons that are there? Is it safe to say that natural selection has only left fastest of the indigenous people?

    Sincerely, "Not from Kenya."

    No, that'd be silly.

    There's almost no dragons in Kenya. It's the Manticores, and the rare Chimera you have to worry about there. plus lions and tigers.

    I am one of a kind! :D

    Chimera on
    97v889.png
    3Ds: 2423 - 3932 - 2876 Wii U: Chimera.Monster Steam: chimera.monster Skype: chimera.monster
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Dear Dr. Dinosaur M. Melding,

    Do people in Kenya run so insanely fast due to the number of man eating dragons that are there? Is it safe to say that natural selection has only left fastest of the indigenous people?

    Sincerely, "Not from Kenya."

    No, that'd be silly.

    There's almost no dragons in Kenya. It's the Manticores, and the rare Chimera you have to worry about there. plus lions and tigers.

    I am chimeraz.jpg

  • ChimeraChimera Monster girl Oklahoma City, OKRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Dear Dr. Dinosaur M. Melding,

    Do people in Kenya run so insanely fast due to the number of man eating dragons that are there? Is it safe to say that natural selection has only left fastest of the indigenous people?

    Sincerely, "Not from Kenya."

    No, that'd be silly.

    There's almost no dragons in Kenya. It's the Manticores, and the rare Chimera you have to worry about there. plus lions and tigers.

    I am chimeraz.jpg

    Obviously that isn't me.....

    ....I have green skin with dark green spots!

    97v889.png
    3Ds: 2423 - 3932 - 2876 Wii U: Chimera.Monster Steam: chimera.monster Skype: chimera.monster
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    There can only be one Autocratic Dragon

    79.jpg

    46871.jpg

    Primarily a subterranean dragon, this dragon is a rare type. It's scale colouring ranging from gunmetal to a dull silvery grey, they have one of the toughest hides known of the Garrulous dragons. Preferring underground cave networks for liars, they are typically nocturnal if near the surface, their eyes not well adjusted to sun light and bright lights. As well their wings are not well made for long distance flight, only able to glide a few kilometres before needing to land, meaning long distance travel is done by foot primarily. Despite, or possibly due to, their subterranean habitats they have incredibly powerful lungs, able to unleash devastating roars, and at such a level that it has been noted to sunder weak metals with this alone. In addition, it's claws are near diamond strong, and can shred through most man made materials with ease.

    Their diet consists largely of small unintelligent animals it happens across, similarly, it's hoard is largely made up of local precious materials, such as natural veins of metals. This indicates a lack of desire to travel, happy to set up base in one location. However, it knows its surroundings well, and those living near a Autocratic dragon are made very aware of their new landlord. Typically in the form of demanding small gifts of food or wealth to continue its protection of the area. Acting a kin to a one dragon mafia.

    Tactics Advice: These are the upper edge of physical beings for Garrulous dragon, however they are not near the top of intelligence. Fighting smart will be key. Their touch scales and sharp claws means heavy weapons and mobility. These are largely best left to their own devices. However, if you need to escape clever uses of flares can ward them away.

    Melding on
Sign In or Register to comment.