As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did Page 1 just show up as a later page in your thread, and now you can't post? READ THIS!

KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
Please report the broken thread, then feel free to make a new thread!

This is a recurring bug that has happened to a few threads since September 2011. Yep, it blows. As per Tube's instructions, the best thing you can do is create a new thread, then report the broken thread the same way you'd report someone calling you mean names. Reporting the offending thread will get a mod's attention, who'll then come by and lock it.

Look at page 65 of the Breaking Bad thread in SE++. Notice the time stamps. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/50815/breaking-bad/p65

Now, look at the time stamps on page 66. They're from February 2008. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20626848#Comment_20626848

mrsatansig.png
KrunkMcGrunk on

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    thank you

I thought I was going crazy

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    the best thing you can do is report it then remake the thread

• Options
    edited September 2011
    OK. I'll do that if I see something like this again.

e: actually, someone else had this happen as well, tube. Just sent a report in about that thread.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    what did I just say

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Perhaps your post will only appear to them two and a half years later.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    This is happening to the Steam thread now. I tried reporting it but the Report button doesn't seem to do anything.

• Options
    Gonna edit the title of this to make it more obvious what people should do when they see page one of a thread show up as a random page

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I missed this the first time it was posted. Noticed that the threads seem to be fixed now, some by like the next day. Do you still want us to remake them? Or just report it and wait until a mod can fix it?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If it's broken, report it and remake it.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/149746/battlefield-3-be-advised/p95

I can't see page 95 at all, it's showing me the first page. I reported it, but posting here just in case.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    This bug was meant to be fixed in the downtime last night. If you see it continuing to occur, please be sure to report that to us.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Thanks for the report. @Mods - Don't fix / delete, we need it for evidence.

secret-agent2.gif

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Calling Dr. @Toddo

• Options
    ToddoToddo Registered User, Moderator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Guys and gals. I think I've found and fixed the issue. It seems as though going past the end of the page list was screwing up the page cache for the as of yet unpopulated page.

Thanks for your patience.

• Options
    hooray!

mrsatansig.png