As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Breaking Bad

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    yeah, same

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    JohnHam wrote:
    It has an incredible way of making you love, and root for the characters, and then punishing you for it. So many moments of "No, wait...don't...why are you doing that?!?!" and then you realize that the terrible thing you are watching unfold is absolutely, totally consistent with that character's behavior up to that point. Makes you reconsider how you're assessing them, and their moral code, and their motivations; it's fantastic.
    Jane.
    And it just gets worse?! FFFFFFFFFFFF

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote:
    Was I the only one who guessed from the beginning of the season that

(Season 4 spoilers)
    they'd take Jesse and mould him into one of Mike's new thugs?

I thought the opposite; S4 Spoilers
    That it was to trick Jesse into trusting them over Walt, and then betray him or get himself killed. But now, I dunno. It seems legit. Gus genuinely wants Jesse around now, it seems.

I wonder if there's a precise tipping point that anyone could see, when the exact moment is that Walt becomes the liability, and Jesse the standup guy...

Oh brilliant
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote:
    Was I the only one who guessed from the beginning of the season that

(Season 4 spoilers)
    they'd take Jesse and mould him into one of Mike's new thugs?

I thought the opposite; S4 Spoilers
    That it was to trick Jesse into trusting them over Walt, and then betray him or get himself killed. But now, I dunno. It seems legit. Gus genuinely wants Jesse around now, it seems.

I wonder if there's a precise tipping point that anyone could see, when the exact moment is that Walt becomes the liability, and Jesse the standup guy...

Honestly
    in Box Cutter when Gus is holding Vince's body, he and Jesse share this look. I mean, I'd figured by now nothing is an accident in this show so I assumed that look would mean something later on between the two.

Oh and I'm finally caught up to episode 11
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT

• balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    some crazy theories and shit
    walt obviously can't do this shit alone. and i don't think there will be some macgyer type chemistry solution to this problem. either he will turn to the remnants of the mexican cartel for help or he will act as an anonymous informant for the DEA and have them take down Gus. hank will shoot and kill mike by the end of the season or vice versa.

balerbower on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so is tonight the finale

say yes, I'm not sure if I can take any more for a while

• flagrant porkflagrant pork Registered User regular
    two more!

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    two more!

Yep. Penultimate episode tonight.

Which, if the track record set by the previous seasons are any indication, should be about fifteen and a half doozies.

Wacky series ending fan theory follows
    Watching how this has played out, I'm starting to wonder: is there really a fifth season? There's no way they can keep this going at this tempo, especially not for 18 more episodes.

So here's my theory: there is no fifth season. The fourth season, this season, is the final season. All the talk about negotiations and such? A smoke screen designed to hit us with a surprise series finale that catches everyone off guard.

I know, crazy. It'd be cool, though, wouldn't it? It certainly would be Vince Gilligan's ultimate 'magnificent bastards' move.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    That would be magnificent.

I'd be angry.

And shocked.

And it would be magnificent.

Oh brilliant
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Everyone dies in a big ass shootout

Season 5 will feature the rise to power of Albuquerque's new drug lords, Badger and Skinny Pete

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    there would only be 15 more episodes
    2 more episodes + 13 per season

learn math

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    also i can deffo see another season

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    there would only be 15 more episodes
    2 more episodes + 13 per season

learn math

Boy is your face red now.

ygPIJ.gif
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Any real Breaking Bad fan already knows that, Kusu.

iwantanswers3.png
    edited October 2011
    I'm already warming up my "internet victory" dance.

Because petty victories in TV show threads? Those are the ones to be cherished.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Gus' talent for understatement scares the shit out of me.

iwantanswers3.png
    Larlar wrote:
    Gus' talent for understatement scares the shit out of me.

agreed

Oh my god this fucking scene.

Hello, Emmy nominations.

iwantanswers3.png
  • DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    Yeah, I basically didn't start breathing again until the commercial break

oh dear god
    whyyyyyyyyy

I squeezed my butt so hard all my shit flew out my mouth.

iwantanswers3.png
  • DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I basically didn't start breathing again until the commercial break

And, uh, same for that last scene too. Jesus Christ, this show.

DeliciousTacos on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I don't get AMC here. I have less than 20 channels.

:<

• flagrant porkflagrant pork Registered User regular
    That was strange way to end this episode. An anticlimactic ending... Still good though.

The slower-than-usual build this season's had has been well worth the meticulous way all the dominoes are now being tipped.

I can probably manage to put this out of my mind and wait patiently through this week for the finale. But I really, really don't want to.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    In season 5, Gus' past in Chile comes back to haunt him as a massive cartel from his homeland vies for market domination using a product that's as pure as the blue crystal. A meth arms race ensues, and tensions between the cartels grow higher until everything is settled in a final Chile Cook-off.

Waiting through this week is going to be awful (but not as awful as last week).

• OdinOdin Registered User regular
    No way Gus is gonna live after that, holy fuck

• LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    ERmlh.jpg

Also Walt is the one that poisoned the kid.

That is fucking fantastic

• Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    Man, Andrea cannot catch a break.

Her and dramatic penultimate episodes do not mix.

oh god it was so close

gimme dat finale!

God these past couple of episodes have been sending shivers up my spine throughout.

They really know what goes into making a scene properly terrifyingly tense.

edited October 2011
    I am only a few seconds in and holy shit. Ah. AAAH.

EDIT: Gomey's beard. Man. That's a beard.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
    sooooo

I am thinking that either Walt poisoned Brock (possible, but I doubt the timeline works) or that Brock's actually just really sick

for some reason I just can't quite see Gus poisoning the kid

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    YaYa wrote:
    sooooo

I am thinking that either Walt poisoned Brock (possible, but I doubt the timeline works) or that Brock's actually just really sick

Hmm.
    I was also thinking that Brock just took the cig out and smoked it(EDIT: Well if that would even work, that is), but I'm not sure if they debunked that theory with Jesse saying when he last had it or not. I wasn't able to give the episode 100% of my attention. :(

Monsty on
    So, I am with the people who think
    Walt did it.

I know there's a lot to go against it, mostly "motivations" and such. But look at it this way;

Why did Gus stop on the roof? He was thinking things through, analyzing the situation. It could just have been him thinking about why Jesse insisted on Gus coming to the hospital, but I think he was analyzing the broader situation.

It was heavily inferred that Gus has indeed had Jesse' place bugged, and that he knew all about the Ricin plot. So he understood what was going down with the kid, but he didn't come out and say it or accuse Walt of doing it; probably because it was news to him. If Gus had done it, surely he'd have lead Jesse to think Walt had done it?

Personally, I think the hospital is the first Gus had heard of it, and he started putting it together in the car park scene: Walt poisoned the kid because he doesn't trust Jesse any more. That in itself is so unlike Walt, that Jesse would believe he didn't do it.

...I am bad at articulating my thoughts.

Oh brilliant
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Monsty wrote:
    YaYa wrote:
    sooooo

Hmm.
    I was also thinking that Brock just took the cig out and smoked it(EDIT: Well if that would even work, that is), but I'm not sure if they debunked that theory with Jesse saying when he last had it or not. I wasn't able to give the episode 100% of my attention. :(
    There was a phiole in the cigarette so smoking the Ricin wouldn't have been possible. But the poison doesn't have to come from the cigarette. Walt could just tell Saul that he needs to steal a pack of cigarettes from Jesse and make his own Ricin meanwhile.

In the beginning of the episode Walt spins the gun. It points to him two times. He spins it again and it points to a plant.

Ricin is made from the seeds of the Castor oil plant.

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i don't see it being explained that easily

i guess we'll see, but i'm gonna say that super-gus is more plausible than evil-walt here

Sars_Boy on
    Actually, no, wait, it doesn't add up:
    We've been told time and again that the ricin would leave the victim feeling fine for a couple days. Then they'd "get the flu" and die. Jesse still had the cigarette that morning, but that's besides the point; Brock would have to have been poisoned a couple days prior to this.

...unless he really does just have the flu.

Oh brilliant
This discussion has been closed.