As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Breaking Bad

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    i just rewatched the patdown scene from last week a bunch to see if i agreed with the people who think there was a switch there. i just don't see it at all. the guard puts his hand in his pocket hastily afterward, sure, but there is no possible way he got cigarettes into jesse's pocket considering he clearly has nothing in his hands when he starts and he keeps his hands on jesse pretty much the whole time the patdown is going on. i dunno.

if this ends up being true, this theory, i will quit the show forever and poop on all the dvds and then poop on bryan cranston

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    oh yeah, him

I knew you would like it

BB is into dicks?

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    alas

I am undone by my brother's poorly worded post

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    in true breaking bad tradition, it is the two of them being dumb and not knowing what the hell happened

gus probably doesn't either. it is probably a retarded misunderstanding. it will be like a blood drenched seinfeld episode

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    in true breaking bad tradition, it is the two of them being dumb and not knowing what the hell happened

gus probably doesn't either. it is probably a retarded misunderstanding. it will be like a blood drenched seinfeld episode

yeah that's probably what i figure the most
    that fits THE MOST with breaking bad
    no one knows whats going on at all

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    What's the deal with hydrochloric acid?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Anjin-San wrote: »

yeah that's probably what i figure the most
    that fits THE MOST with breaking bad
    no one knows whats going on at all

Seems like some of the craziest shit that goes down in this show would've been avoided if people just weren't too paranoid to tell anyone else a damned thing.
    Like that whole bit with Tuco flipping out when Gonzo disappeared. Had he known the dude died accidentally, he wouldn't have gotten all super paranoid and probably wouldn't have resorted to kidnapping Walter and Jesse, and had he told them his fears about the situation at the start, they wouldn't have thought he'd killed Gonzo and was coming for them next.

Then again, that whole mess only started because Hank just HAD to go "Hey dude, check out this dead body, hahahah". Sheesh.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    i just rewatched the patdown scene from last week a bunch to see if i agreed with the people who think there was a switch there. i just don't see it at all. the guard puts his hand in his pocket hastily afterward, sure, but there is no possible way he got cigarettes into jesse's pocket considering he clearly has nothing in his hands when he starts and he keeps his hands on jesse pretty much the whole time the patdown is going on. i dunno.

if this ends up being true, this theory, i will quit the show forever and poop on all the dvds and then poop on bryan cranston

This is the emptiest threat in the history of things that are empty (also, threats). It is impossible to quit this show.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    three episodes in

I am hooked

so very hooked

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:

This is the emptiest threat in the history of things that are empty (also, threats). It is impossible to quit this show.

I had a friend give up on the show near the end of season 2.
    It was the Jane dying part that broke him

He told me he had enough depression issues in his life without Breaking Bad punching him in the soul like that. I almost agreed with him; Breaking Bad is not a show that takes you to a happy place.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    Maybe I am just desensitized to things that happen to movie and TV characters, but even at the show's most depressing I never feel anything but giddy about how good it is after I watch it

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    so did you guys notice that
    walt was wearing his old shirt, from the first episode

his "good" clothes

an attempt at redemption? or a return to a more healthy place mentally, to allow him the clarity to plan gus's murder

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    yeah i was pretty shocked / depressed after that episode actually, or something, i was just in the shower being like holy shit!

poo
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote: »

OK, im confused Satans, because the popular theory i have been hearing associated to that scene is
    That Sal had his goon lift the ricen from the cigarette box, which is why he pockets it soon after and look at his face as well hes all "Doot Dooot Dooo." Also my personal theory is Sal is trying to get Gus & Walt to take each other out to survive.

Also did anyone catch the Breaking Bad referance in Fringe this Friday night?
    Walter names the sentient fungus/mold Gus

Walter and Gus, forever locked in Mortal Kombat.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    are you saying he took a single cigarette from the pack and pocketed it? because that strikes me as impossible given the length of the scene. otherwise he would have to take the whole pack with the ricin cig and replace it with another pack. this is theoretically possible, but i don't see any moment when he could have put the dummy pack in. he has to replace the pack because jesse has one later when he freaks out.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    are you saying he took a single cigarette from the pack and pocketed it? because that strikes me as impossible given the length of the scene. otherwise he would have to take the whole pack with the ricin cig and replace it with another pack. this is theoretically possible, but i don't see any moment when he could have put the dummy pack in. he has to replace the pack because jesse has one later when he freaks out.

I agree with your assessment, which is why i just threw my hands up in the air and I just decided to wait until Sunday.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Now that I think of it that would also mean Saul would have to know how many cigarettes Jessie had left to fool him, a statistic that could change right up until Jessie entered the building.

No. No. None of this adds up at all.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Probably not! But only one more fucking day to go and then we just sit back and watch whatever magic happens.

When this show finally ends next season there's going to be a tiny void in my life.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I'll be sad to see it go after next year, but it'll always be in my heart.

Also my BluRay shelf.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2011
    Larlar wrote:
    Probably not! But only one more fucking day to go and then we just sit back and watch whatever magic happens.

When this show finally ends next season there's going to be a tiny void in my life.
    Boardwalk Empire

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    oh man

just got to episode 6
    Heisenberg

everything explodes

oh my god

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:
    oh man

just got to episode 6
    Heisenberg

everything explodes

oh my god
    we've got a live one

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Y'all are the most adorable twins.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    it's a full time job

but someone has to do it

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Now that I think of it that would also mean Saul would have to know how many cigarettes Jessie had left to fool him, a statistic that could change right up until Jessie entered the building.

No. No. None of this adds up at all.
    I think this is how the switch could have happened:

Saul gets Jesse to come to his office and when he gets there Huell pats him down and takes the cigarette pack from his pocket.
    While Jesse is in the back talking to Saul, Huell takes the cigarette with the capsule out of the pack.
    When Jesse is heading out with his bag of money, Huell walks him to the door and slips the pack back into his pocket.

I might be wrong, but it's the easiest explanation (providing that's when it happened).

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Does anyone still give a shit about Walt as a person?

Not as a character, cause I'm sure we all agree he's fascinating to watch.

But as a person in the BB world, does anyone care if he gets killed now?

Cause after Season 4, maaan. Nope.
    Any reasonable person, I think, in that situation? They'd call it quits and give up, turn their self in to their DEA brother in law and get protection.

Walt though. He just keeps trying to maintain his fucking pride. I know that's nothing new, with the whole thing started by him cooking meth rather than take a handout from an old friend, but still - at this point, when the lives of your entire extended family are threatened? It's pride swallowing time, for fucks sake.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I think watching Walt's inevitable downfall is going to be glorious

• Options
    Sooo close come on HURRY UP, TIME

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Not for another hour or two, no?

• Options
    Well the preview for this episode has
    Jesse talking to hank at the dea
    soo

• Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    Word on the street is that the finale will run an extra 8 minutes. Set them DVRs accordingly.

• Options
    It's probably not going to happen but it would be really dark and really funny if
    Walter strapped a bomb to Tio's wheelchair and rolled him at Gus.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Yesss Tio

Also, some of the funniest stuff the show has done in a while

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Woah, Tio.
    Not the DEA

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Smashcut to Hank at the DEA office.

Didn't expect this much humor in the season finale.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Fuckfuckfuck
    Not Hank no no no.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    BugBoy wrote:
    oh man

just got to episode 6
    Heisenberg

everything explodes

oh my god
    This is not meth

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Fuckfuckfuck
    Not Hank no no no.
    Nope. Just a ploy to get Gus to show up. And for Hector to be hilarious

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I had a feeling that it was to get Gus' attention. Although if he had snitched out Gus, Walt would still be fucked even if Gus was in jail. Would have been a nice fuck you to both of them.

But I am clearly not these writers, because my ideas are dumb.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    this is wonderful

This discussion has been closed.