As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MSPA: this is the end...the end of SSG dog racing

SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Social Entropy++
Homestuck

It's a story about kids and fun!

It also has possibly the worst fanbase in the world!

Don't believe me? Have a listen to Skull Man's dramatic reading of a choice MSPA fan's post!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvi_adSl0_4&feature=player_embedded#!

Now let me tell you about fantrolls...

h3llo_by_jarainbow-d493rpj.png
304611_143042782457013_100002538756033_230008_2642706_n.jpg
you_are_vanility__ferlaten_by_superwugg2-d48sbf3.jpgsabrina_the_troll_by_talanova-d3kp2v8.png
oc_troll_romano_by_ennachan-d4a9601.png
13522.png
gemzee_bad_day__by_gensokyo_man-d47pe7x.jpg

fanfiction...
You are the Mage of Heart, and you think that rocks.

You are, and have always been, soooo smoooooth. You’re like a kid Casanova, here. At least, that’s what your Uncle tells you, and you believe him utterly.

Girls rock (apparently, but sometimes you aren’t quite ready to admit that they might not be cootie-filled monstrosities), and having a girlfriend would be like, the high point of your life.

And somehow, you manage to have fifteen of them.

Sure, you’ve never met, but the sixteen of you have known each other for, like, years. They’re girls, and they’re friends of yours. That means they’re your girlfriends, right? This logic is perfect in every way.

(It’s entirely possible that that you are, in fact, as immature as most thirteen-year-olds are, unlike the typical Sburb player).

Plus there’s those weird girls who keep trolling you about ‘imminent doom’ and stuff being ‘all your fault’, but you like to think they’re just macking on you.

Oh, and the strange white-text girl who is mostly just imperious and arrogant and stuff. You think it’s funny to listen to her, because she seems to think she’s some sort of omnipotent combination of a Barbie Doll, a sewing kit, and some special code or something.

So yeah, you’re basically rolling in girls, even if a lot of them like to say that you’re kind of annoying or whatever. Your Uncle is so proud of your smoothness.

So, then the Game comes, and THAT’s a big shocker, but all of your girlfriends are okay, so you’re happy. And, in addition, you get a cool title!

And, apparently, you get cool powers, and you do feel something strange when you focused really hard, but it didn’t happen again, so you put it out of your mind.

As it turned out, your power was something truly epic in scale. So epic, in fact, that once it was let loose, there was no stopping it. A wave of force echoed out into the Medium and beyond, affecting something deep inside every living person connected to the Medium, human, troll, carapace, or First Guardian.

Well, it affected every female living person, at least.

It starts out slow. Friends that never really talked to you much are suddenly very chatty. The weird troll girls slowly stop giving out their messages of doom and just start talking to you. Carapace girls keep appearing at your tower to say hi. Even the white-text girl is suddenly much less imperious and a little friendlier.

You start to think that this is pretty nice. You figure that the whole ‘being tolerated by people’ thing is a pleasant thing to have.

Unfortunately for you, while it may have started slow, it would quickly gain speed.

You find yourself butting into memos full of arguments between your friends, arguments mostly full of sniping and insults but still centered on you. The carapace girls keep leaving your dreamself gifts while you’re awake, and your dream room is full of junk and only getting fuller. Your Server keeps intimating that she wants to come meet you, and the thought scares you slightly for reasons you don’t quite understand.

It gets worse.

Pretty soon, you’re on the run from amorous girls at all angles. The Black Queen has issued a warrant for your dreamself’s arrest, and the White Queen keeps sending you messages saying that you can hide from the Black Queen’s agents in her castle, and somehow you can hear the eyebrow waggles in that statement. The white-text girl’s talking about how she knows everything, and she means, everything, and would you like her to teach you some things? The troll girls are apparently halfway to figuring out a way to get into your session, and there are fifteen powerful, jealous girls all trying to find you, and it occurs to you that you are only thirteen and you aren’t quite sure what you’d do with a real girlfriend anyway.

You’re hiding on another planet in a very dark cave and all you can think about is that your title SUCKS and was that a giggle you just heard at the entrance?

You are the Mage, and your fate is to have Power, but lack the Control necessary to keep it from harming you.

And if this isn’t the textbook definition of Power without Control YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT IS.

And, far away, your Uncle sheds a single, manly tear of pride.

fandom!secrets...
uWJ8S.jpg
15zio9j.png
tumblr_ll7ttoJSy51qd9mpxo1_500.gif
tumblr_lrzrx4GMnO1r1n2zto1_400.jpg
5VgTk.png
Xudju.png
tumblr_lmut2b62lR1qiusb3o1_400.png
How about a side adventure secret?
Ojpi5.png
More dramatic readings courtesy of Skull Man!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x81Ak6M5ITE&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z9ssbimbJo

And last but not least, awful awful fanart!
080b09f57e8de0b3c4db0a816f31a4b1-d3au9ow.jpg
flowers_in_her_veins_by_englandkirklandftw-d4aakqr.png
tumblr_lrh7vqilHA1r36641o1_500.jpg
tumblr_lrjmebKNS71qmb868o1_500.jpg

Despite all of this, Homestuck is one of the finest webcomics around. It's got an insane plot, engaging and well-written dialogue, a well-realised setting and hilarious humour. It experiments with the medium like no webcomic has done before, and if you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot! It's a long road with many twists and turns, but absolutely worth your investment of time.

And if you do start reading, make sure to post your reactions here!

For everyone else, post your favourite horrible fandom nonsense, as well as awesome fanart, and also discuss the comic!

Larlar on

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    14940.jpeg

Honestly, this thread can only go up from here.

VRXwDW7.png
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    And the story sucks with these characters being perma dead, that is why we are whining about it. >:/ A BS way to revive them would make the story better, most likely.

We should discuss this, more

Somestickguy on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    In his last desperate moments, somestickguy turned on the thread he once loved.

His rage unyielding.

YL9WnCY.png
  • AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    Is this the legacy you want to leave, SSG

Yes.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    why, stick

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    fart

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    and we have truly become the MSPA forums

edited September 2011
    tumblr_lrh7vqilHA1r36641o1_500.jpg

Apparently the story behind this one is that he imagines Aradia as his made-up wife

Somestickguy on
    whats a homestuck

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    whats a homestuck

youre posts,

Man, this OP has poobrain

Let's just get these next 100 pages out of the way now and be done with it

VRXwDW7.png
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Is this the thread that will be witness to the end of act 5?

Do not deny the glory of the OP

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote:

We are closer to the end of Act 5 than we have ever been.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Given the amount of time the progress bar is taking this time, I am hoping more and more that the next step is 75%

edited September 2011
    Hahaha the guy with the opinions on male homestuck characters actually called out another poster
    milcah wrote:
    You know what I don't like about Homestuck? Crazy Vriska fans like colwag. (yes, I'm aware there are more of them like him)

Yo, colwag, why don't you go quit reading Homestuck? I think it's better for your mental and emotional health. (I also bet he is underage)

Somestickguy on
    yeah internet user who dont you log off and delete your account heh!!!!!!!

• tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    goddamnit SSG

why you do this?

The man who will not be able to post for two years clearly has nothing to lose.

I'm not even breaching the rules!

Taya wrote:
    Is the the end of zombie Shakespeare?

YL9WnCY.png
    I'm not even breaching the rules!

I still remember the days of you calling for the bannings of users posting terrible stuff.

See how you have become what you once hated?

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I will never reveal the Fandom!Secret

edited September 2011
    I am posting them IRONICALLY

Somestickguy on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Taya wrote:

Excuse me, I'm John Smith.

iwantanswers3.png
    edited September 2011
    Larlar wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Taya wrote:
    Excuse me, I'm John Smith.
    Hey Larlar, I'm feeling a might peckish. Mind if I chew your ear?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    dramatic reading of that one insane post about lexxy, y/n

y y y y y

I need more OP content

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    dramatic reading of that one insane post about lexxy, y/n

hang on let me get you a link to the original you can read the whole series

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    what

fantastic

blueblue you are now scribe of skulls

s-series?

I was the one that brought this to the thread's attention and I distinctly recall it being a single post!

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    oh no sorry if you thought they got on to EXHIBIT B and etc

there's just a little fallout before the ban is all

CD World Tour status:
    I guess you could call the comments afterwards part of the series?

They just seemed like him/her being completely oblivious to the fact they they are a massive creeper

Digging the infraction effect over there.

VRXwDW7.png
    fandom secret i have never been creeped out by someone trying on purpose to write something creepy

CD World Tour status:
    hashahaha id never seen the infraction animation before

oh, firman

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Does anybody have that fandom secret about Gamzee that was written before he went crazy? It said something like they were sad that Gamzee would never be a major character which is a shame because he's so nice.

BAP BAP BAP

This discussion has been closed.