As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Graves Mechanic Preview up.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Dac Vin wrote:
    Talith wrote:
    Dac, typically what roles do you play on your team?

I can play a bit of everything be it carry/tank/jungle/support/caster, but from a ton of MOBA experiences I find I enjoy heroes with good push potential whether it's all about clearing creep waves or taking down towers quickly. Which is strange because I usually play these to prevent the useless impressions I'm having and Get Things Done in the game by killing all the bases.

On the other hand I've been playing a LOT of Malphite lately. It's completely possible that I'm overreacting because I'm suddenly playing a pure initiator instead of the roles I love.

Sounds to me like you should play Yi. He has that carry / jungle / creep wave clearer / turret taker aspect that you seem to enjoy playing.

How are you building Malphite? If you are building pure tank I can see how you might feel ineffectual if you initiate and then just sort of waddle around a team fight. You could try building him as a bruiser that goes strait for a carry after initiating. Something like ionian, heart of gold, phage, atma, negatron, trinity force.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    no I'm getting that server busy thing too

I guess I can do the work I was going to put off in favor of buying mr. freeze brand

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    just played a game after not playing for 2 weeks or so. BT pusher talon carries games. New guy looks meh as usual. Now back to Dark Souls.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    After dinner I need to log onto Mr Tiamat and give Tiariven a spin.

God I wish they would just remove the bead and faerie charm from the recipe and have it as an appropriately priced item that was just AD and it's proc.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Whyamat

Tiamat + W = cleared minion wave

so your farm more than makes up for the wasted faerie charm. Plus I think a major component of that build is the amount of health regen you have along with mobility.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Busy? I want to play Tiariven come oooon.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    So, servers broke?

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    It just came back up from Busy but now I'm seeing an "Over 20000" queue.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, about a 15min queue time here...aaaaaaaand then it tells me server busy. again.

Zoelef on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Still borked after my queue.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1323345

Still fixing =*(

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    boo

I wanted to try Riven, since I'm 400ip away from being able to buy her.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    i cant decide, i kinda wanna ip buy vayne, but i also am interested in xerath

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Don't bother trying to queue to login, it will tell you the server is busy every time.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Damn you Riot for making me play Battlefield 3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Never really got all the dislike for Tiamat. Sure, it's mostly for making non-push champs push champs, which leaves it a bit redundant most of the time, but stacking it on champs like Trist and Twitch is awesome. You just walk everywhere and kill everything. PD, zerkers and Tiamats is horribly dangerous.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Hrm. I have gift cards just sitting here. Perhaps Xerath will be mine? T'would fulfill my AP Caster itch.

Alternately, tell me how to Janna.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    If you’re into authority figures, Officer Caitlyn is here to show you that a brush with the law doesn’t always have to be a bad thing. This is one police woman we’re certain that you’ll be happy to see, whether or not she has left the fuzzy cuffs at home.

• Options
    I'm still hoping they make Bunny Girl Riven for Halloween.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Joke option: My Little Kog'Maw. (Friendship is delicious)

• Options
    I personally don't mind if kogmaw gets all the skins. I don't even play him but I love watching all the new skins he gets.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    GnomocideGnomocide Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Since Nidalee is free this week, I decided to try her in dominion. She seems really fun - the long range spears in particular! Also seems like she's got a really high skill ceiling.

I'd like some build recommendations however. In my three games today I started with boots 1 and a prospector's ring, moving on to a Rageblade, cdr boots and a deathcap. It was a pretty AP heavy build, since I felt the spears are amazing in dominion (people just want to stand still and cap). Could a gunblade be viable, or is the vamp and lifesteal wasted on her? Mainly looking for dominon builds, so no need to take laning and such into consideration. I suspect the build I listed here is crap, so any advice would be great :)

Gnomocide on
  • Options
    Gnomocide wrote:
    Since Nidalee is free this week, I decided to try her in dominion. She seems really fun - the long range spears in particular! Also seems like she's got a really high skill ceiling.

I'd like some build recommendations however. In my three games today I started with boots 1 and a prospector's ring, moving on to a Rageblade, cdr boots and a deathcap. Could a gunblade be viable, or is the vamp and lifesteal wasted on her? Mainly looking for dominon builds, so no need to take laning and such into consideration.

I would say dump rageblade entirely.

Tear of Goddess > AA Staff > Rabadons > Whaaateveer

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Gunblade is viable. With stacks from rageblade and the attack speed boost from her heal you can still do decent auto attack spear damage if you need to (and if it's safe to). GB active is always useful of course. I don't know if I'd go for the gunblade before a deathcap and lichbane though.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Gnomocide wrote:

I'd like some build recommendations however. In my three games today I started with boots 1 and a prospector's ring, moving on to a Rageblade, cdr boots and a deathcap. Could a gunblade be viable, or is the vamp and lifesteal wasted on her? Mainly looking for dominon builds, so no need to take laning and such into consideration.

I would say dump rageblade entirely.

Tear of Goddess > AA Staff > Rabadons > Whaaateveer

Do not listen to this man.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Don't know what they did to Nidalee but I didn't remember her spear laying the hurt THAT much.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    rageblade isn't great on nid. if you want sustainable damage build a lich bane.

just stack AP, spear for a billion and heal for a billion

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Dac Vin wrote:
    Don't know what they did to Nidalee but I didn't remember her spear laying the hurt THAT much.

Nerfed her heal. Buffed her spear.

Seriously. Tear of goddess is amazing on nidalee. You fill it up SO quick. Definitely get a lichbane though. Forgot about that.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    My summoner name is Rorus Raz

I thought that was pretty obvious.

And we need a Charlie Brown ghost skin for Ammumu.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    zombieinc99zombieinc99 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I've been really enjoying Nid also, strongly considering getting her with ip soon. I build her Sorc -> Deathcap -> Lich Bane -> Void Staff. Her spear hits really hard against anyone who doesn't have MR, for example, I once took a good third of a Xin's hp in one full-range spear hit. He wasn't happy :winky:

zombieinc99 on
    steam_sig.png
    Xbox Live: Inhrt
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    My summoner name is Rorus Raz

I thought that was pretty obvious.

And we need a Charlie Brown ghost skin for Ammumu.

Charlie Brown with a stolen football in the background.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Tommatt wrote:
    I know I've asked and gotten builds for maoki before, but finally got around to trying him.

Had a great team got a 20 min surrender and he seemed like fun!

I was tank and built this

Dorans ring, merc tread, catalyst, then started on frozen heart? AD heavy build opposing team, so figured the armor, mana, and CDR would be good. Thought about an early RoA but my farm sucked bad. Had a CS of like 3 a few minutes in. Couldn't figure out his last hitting.

Also is it bad to hit Q after W? It says there's knock back but I never saw it when I W'd first. In lane with a riven seemed good.

Also, not quite sure I understand his ult. Tips please! Need to bookmark them this time!

If you're struggling with his last hits don't be scared to use E to farm a little. At level ?4? it'll kill the caster wave, melee at ?5?.
    W roots them for a couple of seconds so I tend to launch a derpling then, as it's flying, line up W so that you hold them in place while the derp hits them, take an autoattack, maybe two, then hit Q for the small KB and the slow to get a couple more hits (as you're tanking this should give your team plenty of time to whittle them down on top of any damange you're throwing out) and, if you get the chance, throw a derpling in their way for some minor path-crafting, if you're lucky they'll run back at you and you can hit W again :D

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    back up?

we'll see!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    yes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Well, I finally got in, got into a game, only for my internet to shit out like 15 minutes in, so I had to disconnect and reconnect to see if it would fix the problem (as it has done in the past)

But NOPE. Servers are busy apparently (maybe that was the problem?)

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    If anyone in NA wants to give me a referral link, you have 15 minutes.

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    Well, I finally got in, got into a game, only for my internet to shit out like 15 minutes in, so I had to disconnect and reconnect to see if it would fix the problem (as it has done in the past)

But NOPE. Servers are busy apparently (maybe that was the problem?)

I think the same thing is happening to me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c52e698baf74

• Options
    EUW is currently down for the Xerath patch apparently.
    http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/service-status
    :(

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c52e698baf74

Son, I am impress.

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    Oh man. Did I mention you have a hilarious name @PoultryGeist

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.