As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

VERY STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT FILM [CHAT] thread

MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular OpinionsRegistered User regular
edited December 2011 in Artist's Corner
That's right, the borders of this thread are claimed by the Commonwealth of Australia.

All foreigners must submit to rigorous butthole screenings before being allowed to post here.
We don't know what you people carry around in your buttholes. It could be dangerous pathogens, mind bending Columbian pharmaceuticals, or some kind of super bug designed to destroy our delicious wildlife and slightly brown looking fauna. Either way it is essential that we probe your inner colon for contraband.

EDIT: Everything has turned to cheese, courtesy of EWA and the hurtful hurtfullness of some incredibly hurtful bitch.

Mustang on

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    This is either going to be the best CHAT or the worst CHAT.

• rtsrts Registered User regular
    I vote worst.

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Just shut up and bend over....I need to concentrate here.

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    ive got a ball of black tar heroin the size of a monkeys fist up my keister, is it cool to come in here yet?

• SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Flay in what world do you live in where dubstep is played on the radio. If only I could live in such a world

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I might be getting a Mac soon and I was just wondering if there are any good art programs for Mac that don't cost a nut and kidney to purchase like Photoshop does? I'm not much of an artist but sometimes I like to mess around with image editing/cropping/whatever. However, my occasional interest in artsy stuff does not warrant the purchase of something that costly.

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    farbekrieg wrote:
    ive got a ball of black tar heroin the size of a monkeys fist up my keister, is it cool to come in here yet?

As long as you cut me in on the profits, your cool.

Also Lucascraft you can get photoshop elements....which is a cut down version of photoshop, though what it cuts out I have no idea as I've never used it but it is apparently a lot cheaper.

Mustang on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I might be getting a Mac soon and I was just wondering if there are any good art programs for Mac that don't cost a nut and kidney to purchase like Photoshop does? I'm not much of an artist but sometimes I like to mess around with image editing/cropping/whatever. However, my occasional interest in artsy stuff does not warrant the purchase of something that costly.

er SketchbookPro

or just get GIMP
    which is most of Photoshop for free

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Gimp is great for basic photo editing.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Siegfried wrote:
    Flay in what world do you live in where dubstep is played on the radio. If only I could live in such a world

I haven't really listened to the radio in yonks. For all I know though mainstream radio today is nothing but lo-fi Mongolian throat singing remixes, but the few times I have listened I'm sure I've heard dubstep at least once.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I'm not taking orders from anyone who says benches instead of countertops and icypoles instead of popsicles, thank you very much. And no, you may not borrow a doona, I'm not even sure what that is.

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Kochi, how are you holding up
    I'm almost ok now
    But my wife's coming to visit (we live separate for now due to school/work)
    and she just got sick yesterday

so yup, gonna be sick again

Mayday on
    Flay wrote:
    Siegfried wrote:

I haven't really listened to the radio in yonks. For all I know though mainstream radio today is nothing but lo-fi Mongolian throat singing remixes, but the few times I have listened I'm sure I've heard dubstep at least once.

Nathan Barnatt once said "If I were an X-men my mutant power would be to listen to the radio without killing myself afterwards."

Kochikens wrote:
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Fun Story Time!
    Me: *buying a tiny carrot for my crickets*
    Cashier: *raises eyebrow* Wow, that's a huge carrot you're buying.
    Me: Well it's not for me, it's for my crickets
    Cashier: You... breed crickets?
    Me: I don't breed them, I just keep them and feed them to my lizards.
    Cashier: *a look of horror in her eyes* My God! You're... Cruel!
    Me: Yup.

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    MeltingDoll: I can't wait to see your Halloween Star Wars cards!

• F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    I don't know if you guys are into this sort of thing, but the BF3 beta is just pure sweetness.

Mayday wrote:
    Fun Story Time!
    Me: *buying a tiny carrot for my crickets*
    Cashier: *raises eyebrow* Wow, that's a huge carrot you're buying.
    Me: Well it's not for me, it's for my crickets
    Cashier: You... breed crickets?
    Me: I don't breed them, I just keep them and feed them to my lizards.
    Cashier: *a look of horror in her eyes* My God! You're... Cruel!
    Me: Yup.

i could have sworn you would go with that corsican brothers line (cheech and chong version)

paraphrasing

no we have other crickets for that, well except this one time with my cousin.

• squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Mayday living separate from your spouse seems simultaneously awful/awesome. You say it's because of school/work ... are you sure it isn't just because you're ... cruel?!

What's with dudes hitting me with random nitpicks when they have no idea what they're talking about? I mean if you need to prove someone wrong right this instant or you'll die ... why don't you cursorily look into the subject of your nitpickery?

Example:

All the stuff for my comic advertises that it updates "Saturday at the stroke of midnight." Which it does. Scheduled posts appear at 12:01am Saturday, and the time stamp on them reflects this. In other words, they post Friday night/Saturday morning.

So this dude rolls in: "FYI – and I say this because it’s niggling but frustrating … you said you post every Saturday at precisely midnight. I guess you actually mean *Sunday* at midnight. When you say “midnight” it means the morning between that and the *previous* day. Alternatively, you could say “Saturday *night* at midnight” to be clear. Thanks!"

This happens constantly. The hell, man. I am forever steeped in mansplanation.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Mans are silly creatures squid, just laugh it off due to our sillyness.

Man I needs to move and find a new job, on top of having to move out because of a breakup, I was planning on attempting to sell my car on craigslist this weekend... then I went and ran into a guy last night and fucked up the front of my car (first accident that was my fault :( ). Man what a couple weeks I've had.

• squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    ... then I went and ran into a guy last night and fucked up the front of my car....

Whaaaaaa?

header_image_sm.jpg
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    I'm guessing (and hoping) prosp means "a guy in a car".

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    F87 wrote:
    I don't know if you guys are into this sort of thing, but the BF3 beta is just pure sweetness.
    Yea except when you get "A generic game error was reported, please try again. ( code: 1 )" all the time :/
    I've been in one match and then I've kept getting these for a couple of hours
    edit: woahser prosp. What a couple of weeks you've had D:

m3nace on
    squidbunny wrote:
    Mayday living separate from your spouse seems simultaneously awful/awesome. You say it's because of school/work ... are you sure it isn't just because you're ... cruel?!

What's with dudes hitting me with random nitpicks when they have no idea what they're talking about? I mean if you need to prove someone wrong right this instant or you'll die ... why don't you cursorily look into the subject of your nitpickery?

Example:

All the stuff for my comic advertises that it updates "Saturday at the stroke of midnight." Which it does. Scheduled posts appear at 12:01am Saturday, and the time stamp on them reflects this. In other words, they post Friday night/Saturday morning.

So this dude rolls in: "FYI – and I say this because it’s niggling but frustrating … you said you post every Saturday at precisely midnight. I guess you actually mean *Sunday* at midnight. When you say “midnight” it means the morning between that and the *previous* day. Alternatively, you could say “Saturday *night* at midnight” to be clear. Thanks!"

advise them that you have a full and detailed explanation of why you do this , and provide them a link to the following picture
    9147906.jpg

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Damn pedestrians are always in the way!

Nah - at least not if you're out for the high scores!
    Also, challenge needs poll *arhmodarhm*

I've hit a pedestrian with my car. It was icy and I skidded and my brakes didn't work and I hopped the curb and SPLAT on my windshield.

It was fucked up man

Kochikens wrote:
    edited September 2011
    CAR ran into a CAR! Yes... did not hit a person, that would be even more awful. Haha, and I wouldn't have been upset about the front of my car if that was the case.

I guess it's bound to happen when you drive about 3k miles in 2 weeks though, I drive A LOT.

Prospicience on
  • brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Once a deer ran into my car.
    I saw his friends hop across the road so I slowed down when all the sudden BAM! right into my driverside door. I couldn't fully open my door after that. Plus he pooped all down the side of my car...don't even know how that was possible... must have scared the shit out of him.

I once scared the shit out of my dog (literally as well).

I think I'm going to try out adam jensen sans trench coat for halloween this year, working on that should keep my mind off of the crappy things.

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    I once hit a truck. Scared the crap out of me.

I'm just wearing my scout costume again. I'm blonde on my way to returning to my natural purple colour, but still. You can barely see Scouts hair anyways!

I think I'm gonna be Thor

I was gonna cut down my girlfriend's hammer from her Ramona costume last year but I forgot and now shes far away. Maybe I'll just make a new one.

Kochikens wrote:
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    m3nace wrote:

The new forums don't seem to have polls from what I can tell.

I need a costume.

something that a mug like this fits into

napp.gif

Mayday wrote:
    Kochi, how are you holding up
    I'm almost ok now
    But my wife's coming to visit (we live separate for now due to school/work)
    and she just got sick yesterday

so yup, gonna be sick again

oh I am feeling better now thanks for asking, I tend to recover from sickness very fast if I take a day off to sleep
    please enjoy your sickness

Nappuccino wrote:
    I need a costume.

something that a mug like this fits into

napp.gif

break out a daisy and sell it!
    43530%20-%20bald%20facial_hair%20glasses%20jumpsuit%20rusty_venture%20venture_brothers.jpg

of course you'll need a speed suit

I'm already going bald-ish so that might be worth looking into for the future.

• Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    squidbunny wrote:

Example:

Let me give you some good, old-fashioned advice from yours truly.

Kill them.

Grifter wrote:
    m3nace wrote:

The new forums don't seem to have polls from what I can tell.
    Darn it.

Napp you could cosplay as David Petersen hah!
    240px-David_Petersen_at_WonderCon_2009_1.JPG

This discussion has been closed.